Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(48 Posts)
12Michael Wed 03-Jul-19 06:15:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Another bright and clear sunny start here in Brackley this morning.
An easy going day today, small shop.
Mick

cornergran Wed 03-Jul-19 08:00:49

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright, sunny corner of Somerset. Off to see friends, will have a natter and a laugh. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Wed 03-Jul-19 08:02:46

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Blazing sunshine in South Yorkshire and I have postponed my proposed fishing trip because I have - a hangover! Serves me right. Too much wine, too much dinner. A garden day then. Fishing tomorrow. Have a good day folks (but if you’re anywhere near me, please try not to make a noise!?).

Whitewavemark2 Wed 03-Jul-19 08:05:59

Good morning all,

Backs apart, everyone have a lovely day.

It is the most glorious day here on South Downs. The sky is that blue you only get in summer. Looking toward the Weald it is in full summer glory, and looking out to sea it is a sparkling blue. Skylarks in full throat. Good to be alive.

Chiropodist this afternoon, then a bit of shopping I think.

NanKate Wed 03-Jul-19 08:07:03

Morning Mick and All.

Travelling from sunny South Bucks to equally sunny West Sussex for stage 1 of looking after the DGSs whilst DS is away. I love to be with them but it is a great responsibility, but needs must.

Enjoy your trip out Mary. Hope you can get some honey and lemon sorted Blue. I shall miss your interesting messages from your cruise. Hope your plumber gets you sorted Kitty.

NanKate Wed 03-Jul-19 08:08:47

You are a tease Sprout ?

Brunette10 Wed 03-Jul-19 08:23:37

Good Morning from a bright Fife once again. Tired after yesterday with DGS's but it was all good fun and they both behaved very well. Feel strange having today off. DH has lost his bus pass, goodness knows what he has done with it so will have to go and order a replacement today. Other than that will enjoy doing things at a slower pace than yesterday smile. Hope everyone has a good day.

Bellasnana Wed 03-Jul-19 08:28:21

kitty, I did wonder , for a nanosecond. grin

oldgaijin Wed 03-Jul-19 08:57:07

Good morning from an overcast Aberdeenshire. Yesterday's chemo went well but took forever as they are very short staffed in the pharmacy and had to wait an age for the bag of poison to be made up.
My driver and I HAD to stop at a Markies food on the way home for a cheese and ham toastie, O joy!! The mutt was very happy with his favourite 'auntie'...she doesn't have the tidiest of houses so he is very happy finding exciting treasures.
Am tired today so it's feet up with a good book.
Have a good day everyone

Anniebach Wed 03-Jul-19 09:02:06

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Have to have x ray today. Fearful of leaving the house.

Hope everyone has a good day x

BlueSapphire Wed 03-Jul-19 09:11:37

Hello again!
Have just had my full English(!), went the shop and they had Lemsip and Lockets. So back up to the restaurant where they very kindly let me have some mini jars of honey, so I am now drinking hot Lemsip and honey. Could do with a wee dram in it!
Must start on the packing now.

BlueSapphire Wed 03-Jul-19 09:13:03

Oh, Annie, I do hope you are ok today. Good luck. x

Pittcity Wed 03-Jul-19 09:17:56

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Wednesday coffee meetup in town this morning and home to watch Wimbledon.

aggie Wed 03-Jul-19 09:28:52

Good Morning all , bright sun here , but promised clouds later hmm
Scrubbed my favourite sandals then found they are too heavy to hang on the line , propped them up in the sun in the flowerbed ! Do sandals shrink in water ? I hope not .

Whitewavemark2 Wed 03-Jul-19 09:50:13

annie when you get back safe and sound, try to reflect on that fact and use it to begin to fight your agoraphobia.

Legs55 Wed 03-Jul-19 10:09:30

Good morning all, been up since before 6 this morning, already been out for a few bits of shopping. GN notification only just arrived on my laptop!!!!

Warm again but sun is playing hide & seek with the clouds. Man from the Council coming later to inspect my new windows.

Housework morninghmm not my favourite job but needs doing. Maybe a bit of gardening later or sit in the garden & read my booksunshinebrew

Mapleleaf Wed 03-Jul-19 10:31:55

Good morning everyone,
A lovely, sunny morning here with hardly any breeze which makes a pleasant change.
Enjoy what remains of your cruise, BlueSapphire and I hope your sore throat comes to nothing. It certainly sounds to have been a lovely cruise - I imagine you will be planning your next one when you get home. ?
Glad you had a good celebration, Greyduster. I hope the hangover soon wears off!
Well, a large ironing pile awaits and it won't magically disappear on its own, so....
Enjoy your day.

GabriellaG54 Wed 03-Jul-19 10:38:57

Resurgam123
Put your big girl pants on and ring her first. Say you don't feel up to going out and hope she can find an alternative driver/transport.
Don't prolong the conversation or answer questions.
You can do it.
Take the initiative before she rings _you_ which will be much more awkward.
Good luck. It will be much easier the next time you need to cancel.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 03-Jul-19 11:00:13

I’m in shock! I agree with gg54

Auntieflo Wed 03-Jul-19 11:15:23

Morning Michael, Annie and all. Have just returned from hospital, where DH was being measured up on the machine, ready for his radiotherapy treatments, starting soon. The traffic was not too bad, the longest bit seemed to be the last few hundred yards or so before the hospital gates.
Had a belated breakfast/ elevenses, now don’t feel like doing anything at all! So I just may have to read my book smile
Annie, are you OK?

Rufus2 Wed 03-Jul-19 11:26:20

Have to have x ray today. Fearful of leaving the house
Annie; There's nothing to be fearful about. Get one of the voluntary transport driving groups to pick you up at your front door (not a taxi) and they'll chat and put your mind at ease throughout. Chin up and Good Luck smile

Johno Wed 03-Jul-19 11:59:30

We are so happy here in DPRK. The honourable President of USA Mr Donld Trump has visited us. Such a great man and very tall. He and Kim are very friendly to each other. We do not accept same-sex relationships in DPRK so keeping close eye on things. However, if Kim - our supreme leader (living) want go further is his right under a tyrannical state. Kim so happy he has new friend he ask Donald how to build wall? I think we should have our own Glen Miller in DPRK this will furtively reduce tension and soldiers will march in relaxed way. All best to you all in your pretend deomcracys.

Marydoll Wed 03-Jul-19 16:52:41

I am impressed, Johno! You must be a really important person, as usually only government officials have authorised internet access in North Korea.
How on earth did you find out about Gransnet? confused