Gransnet forums

Chat

Cheeky Mare

(34 Posts)
BlueBelle Wed 03-Jul-19 08:17:26

I live on a main riad with a row of big houses (mostly flats) opposite me at the front of my building then the main road then my row then a (public highway) back alley with another row of houses but with there long back garden facing the alley
Most of these long garden are fenced but a few are open grass ones such as they one opposite me
As I was getting up this morning I looked out my bedroom window (back) and saw a young blonde lady in her pyjamas with a light coat on top and three small dogs on leads doing their morning business on this lawn, thinking lazy missus taking her dogs to the bottom of the garden for a walk, but no she walked away from the garden, stopped at my back fence (presumably for another wee) then proceeded to cross the main road and take the dogs into one of the flats opposite the front of my building
She had walked about 100yards to take her dogs for their morning poo in someone else’s garden !!!
Can you Adam and Eve it ?
I know it’s not my business but it ruffled my feathers nevertheless the cheek of some folks

NfkDumpling Wed 03-Jul-19 18:19:39

Oh, Septimia I like that one!

We have had dogs and now look after grand-dogs but always clear up after them, and generally keep them all on extending leads (a wonderful invention) when out and about to make sure they mind their manners. But we do have a garden which is big enough for them to have a good full speed belt around as all dogs like to run sometimes. I just don’t understand why people living in flats think its a suitable environment for a dog.

What we get a lot of is people who sanctimoniously pick up their dog’s poo - and then sneakily hang the bags in our hedge and that of our 93 year old neighbour. Especially as there is a dog poo bin 50 yards away!

pixie601 Tue 09-Jul-19 16:00:20

I lived opposite a woman who let her dog out to mess outside my gate. Once I found the culprit I shovelled up the mess and took to her door offering to dump it on her step or on her lawn. It never happened again.

EllanVannin Tue 09-Jul-19 17:24:58

I watched a woman with a dog this afternoon. Very smartly dressed woman, bobbed hairstyle but not a " doggy-bag " in sight. I walked to my gate and was watching her across the road when her dog suddenly crouched, ready. She immediately looked over and saw me watching her and started dragging the dog along who was still crouching and no doubt dropping its guts at the same time.
For two pins I could have marched over to give her a piece of my mind as well as a plastic bag but there was a blasted car coming and I wasn't going to run after her. I hadn't seen her in this area before so it made me wonder if she'd just brought the dog to muck up this area rather than her own.

Nannyxthree Tue 09-Jul-19 17:42:59

On a day out we were walking through a street market and saw a woman making no attempt to stop her dog lifting it's leg on some fabric covered stools placed in front of a stall. The stall owner was shouting at the dog owner but it was obviously water off a ducks back.

Sara65 Tue 09-Jul-19 17:58:10

We were having the dogs on beaches conversation at the weekend, one of my daughters said she asked a man on a dog free beach to at least put the dog on a leash, as her children were nervous, I won’t repeat what he said!

BradfordLass72 Wed 10-Jul-19 06:33:53

The stall owner was shouting at the dog owner but it was obviously water off a ducks back.

Or piddle off a fabric stool?

Nannyxthree Wed 10-Jul-19 10:05:41

I thought that, but didn't say it!

Tedber Wed 10-Jul-19 11:39:24

Disgusting...... hate irresponsible dog owners. I did something similar once pixie......one particular dog owner used to allow dog to foul on my front lawn...so fed up, I waited until I saw them again and took out my purposely messy cat litter tray! I said I was going to dump it all over his lawn!!!

Never saw him again although DH was furious as he said you never know what backlash there could be! He is right of course, but its a shame people are scared now of approaching people in the wrong!

Even worse are people who pick up but fling the plastic bags everywhere!!!! I can't help pointing it out...."who do you think is going to pick that up? The poo fairy?) Most of the time they just look at me as if I'm some kind of loopy grumpy old woman!!! As far as they are concerned "it's picked up"! No...it isn't! Just an unsightly mess which won't eventually wash away either!!!

Off my soap box now!