Gransnet forums

Chat

In total panic

(193 Posts)
Anniebach Wed 03-Jul-19 08:57:22

Had awful shock Monday , this is not connected to My agoraphobia .

I moved to this bungalow two and half years ago. Very quiet
Cul de Sac. Only know the gentleman next door but one to speak to on telephone.

There is a woman living next door, never seen her, have often seen police and ambulance there and carers. I was advised to have no contact with the woman .

Monday afternoon a woman knocked my door, asked me If
I was alright my next door neighbour was worried about me, I was baffled and said there must be a mistake I was fine.
Then the woman came to the door, said I saw an ambulance here.

Last Thursday my spine locked, I couldn’t move, surgery sent ambulance, very embarrassing, two paramedics got me mobile. Having x ray today

Anyway this woman started talking about my daughter who died, said they were best friends, my daughter phoned her the night she died and was going to the woman’s house but went to the bridge instead, and said my son in law had been brutal to my daughter. I was shaking.

My daughter didn’t know her , certaintly didn’t phone her. I have my daughter’s mobile.

I have been told she has a drug problem and she played hell
with the people who use to live in my bungalow, disturbing
them at night, the woman said she would look after me !

No one in the Cul de Sac has anything to do with her, she never goes out.

I don’t lock my front door, always left it unlocked for my daughter. I know you will tell me t lock the door, I cannot

This all sounds hysterical but I am afraid of her .

Resurgam123 Fri 05-Jul-19 15:14:16

I think that Annibach should go to the police or community support officer, with a friend or such just to discuss this.

There are people out there on there own who try to make friends of single people, who, they then exploit or bully the single person.
I really do not want to alarm AB any more about this.
But that is not unknown. I think there is a term for that.

There was some legislation about a single woman being able to find out if a partner has been abusive . However I have not looked at any of that for several years now . Sending love to Anniebach.

NanKate Mon 08-Jul-19 21:31:36

Sorry Annie I am rather behind with your news having been with the boys and now going back tomorrow, it’s all go.

What were the X-rays for if I may ask? You were very brave going to get them done.

?

Anniebach Mon 08-Jul-19 21:51:36

Hello NanKate have had a swollen knee for ages , not swollen in puffed up, swollen and twisted, at first the physiotherapist said arthritis, earlier this year she thought it
could be dislocated and to have it x rayed, which I couldn’t do.

After the most embarrassing afternoon a week last Wednesday, the paramedics said I must make appointment for a house visit, very painful to walk and hip is now affected. Dr called next day, said he didn’t know but thought it was the femur , have MRI scan, look of terror on my face t the thought of traveling 20 miles ! He then said x Ray and see consultant. Next day x ray phoned with choice of 2 appointments, I have to rely on local MIND to take me
Wednesday I had 5 x rays , then was told ‘you have a lump’
Your having an MRI,I explained I couldn’t she said perhaps they will agree to ultra sound. Day before the x ray two nurses called for blood tests for kidney and liver. So waiting
for results, don’t understand why the blood tests because of my knee and femur .

Sorry a long post, x

Luckygirl Mon 08-Jul-19 22:08:00

Oh dear annie - so much for you to deal with all at once. I am thinking of you. flowers

Anniebach Mon 08-Jul-19 22:12:52

Thank you, my knee looks as if there are three tennis balls stuck to the knee cap

NanKate Tue 09-Jul-19 08:05:15

Thank you for taking the time Annie to get me up, to speed. So much has been happening in your life. I do hope your painful knee can be sorted soon.

Iam64 Tue 09-Jul-19 08:22:34

Blood Tests are routine for we older folks when the docs are checking for pretty much any swelling, in my experience Annie. Hope the results are ok and that the lump issue can be assessed and sorted.

suziewoozie Tue 09-Jul-19 08:47:55

Annie yes as Iam64 says blood tests are very routine. I must say I am impressed with the care you are being given including the domiciliary visit by the nurses and the support from MIND. I assume you’ve been prescribed pain relief medication? Good luck

Bridgeit Tue 09-Jul-19 13:38:46

Yes me too,suziwoozie, in our area we are lucky if the surgery answers the phone !

Bridgeit Tue 09-Jul-19 13:52:06

Ohh, and one more thought, I bet a lot us ladies wear half a leg of the trousers if not both legs, ( omitting the crotch bit ?)

Bridgeit Tue 09-Jul-19 13:53:56

Ignore my last post wrong thread.

Gonegirl Tue 09-Jul-19 14:13:56

grin

Stansgran Tue 09-Jul-19 14:34:06

Late arrival here but lovely post Elegran- someone who can be relied on to get to the heart of the matter.
Bon Courage AnnieB as the french say.

Anniebach Sat 27-Jul-19 17:57:23

Update.

Last Monday I received a phone call asking if I had anything
I wished to discuss about the woman next door, I said she had caused me upset sometime ago but didn’t want to make
complaint. The woman who rang gave me her phone number and to ring if the woman contacted me.

I rang my next door but one neighbour, when I moved here
he advised me not to have anything to do with the woman, I didn’t ask why. Now I know !

She was moved here because of complaints by previous neighbours, she has tried to get in through some back doors. Frequently an ambulance calls at her house always accompanied by a police car.

Thursday a council chap called to see me and said they were coming to clear her garden next Wednesday at 8.00am, bringing a lorry.

All our gardens are the same length except for hers, she has had half her garden fenced off with a solid high fence, so there are two fences between us, the council are going to take her fencing down so just one fence between us. I am to keep my back door closed all day . Seems they cleared her garden before I moved here, rats scattered across gardens,
she puts urine pads and urine stained chairs and bedding there. She use to flush them down the loo but blocked the sewage pipes in the row. She also likes to cut up seats and cushions with a knife.

No way will I sit in the front or back gardens now, she verbally abused four neighbours two weeks ago, explains why I received that phone call.

I refused to make a complaint about her distressing call at my house. She has been treated in rehab and a psychiatric unit. What can be done for her? They can’t make her homeless.

Sorry to unload this but can’t tell my younger daughter or granddaughters. Needed to share it. I am fearful but I don’t regret not making an official complaint.

I hope the council will let me erect a very high fence next to
the fence they erect for her.

dragonfly46 Sat 27-Jul-19 18:05:54

Oh dear annie this is not good. I think the council should erect the second fence. There is nothing worse than a difficult neighbour. I would certainly report it if you have any more problems.

Callistemon Sat 27-Jul-19 18:13:08

Actually, I don't think this is fair at all and I hope I'm not upsetting you further by saying that, Anniebach.

She caused so many problems where she lived previously that the Council had to move her. In their wisdom they decide to move her into a nice close where, I presume, the occupants are fairly elderly. She is causing the same problems and perhaps worse for all who live near her to the extent that you feel fearful and unable to use your own garden.

This is unacceptable and you and the other neighbours should not have to put up with her behaviour - I have no idea what the solution is but someone from the Council needs to re-assess the situation. No, they cannot make her homeless but there must be an alternative.

I feel very cross on your behalf.
I hope your local Councillor is aware of the situation and sympathetic to you all.

farview Sat 27-Jul-19 18:20:36

Annie you shouldn't have to live like this...a neighbour making you feel so anxious...you have enough to contend with.
The council need to sort this out promptly..?