Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Thu 04-Jul-19 06:14:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet again a clear blue sky and sunny start here in Brackley this morning.
My usual Thursday trip out To Bicester and Buckingham, will ensure to have bottled water with me .
Mick

mokryna Thu 04-Jul-19 06:21:32

Beautiful morning here too. First day of the school holidays and will try to catch up on housework. Balcony needs a tidy up also, the hot weather wasn't very kind to the plants even though I had moved them into the shade. Have a nice day!

Pantglas1 Thu 04-Jul-19 06:27:57

Bore da pawb......thought I’d vary it a bit this morning and do it in Welsh! Still on holiday clock but don’t mind as it’s glorious here this morning - birds are diving around the garden looking for breakfast......which reminds me! Hope you all have a good day.

Beechnut Thu 04-Jul-19 06:33:58

Good Morning all.
A bright and warm start to the day.
It’s a u3a day for me today and I’m looking forward to what I intend to do there.
I expect you’re back by now BlueSapphire. I just wanted to say I’ve enjoyed your daily ‘postcards’ to gransnet and I’ve learnt a few things from your travels.

Have a lovely day whatever you do ?

NannyJan53 Thu 04-Jul-19 06:37:44

Good morning from another gloriously sunny day in Lindos.

Met someone on the beach who lives literally 4 miles from us back in UK. Had a lovely meal out together last night. We did meet last year, but didn't keep in touch, so have already said we will meet up for coffee when we are all home! We are back on Monday.

Have a great day everyone

kittylester Thu 04-Jul-19 06:49:40

Morning all from a bright and sunny North Leicestershire.

Volunteering this morning and Sainsbury's for me today.

Enjoy your days everyone.

BlueSapphire Thu 04-Jul-19 06:57:46

Good morning all from a very sunny ? Dover! We berthed here during the night, and I am just going to have some breakfast before making sure that all the last minute things are put in the hand luggage. We had to leave suitcases outside our doors last night to be collected.
Sadly I now have a full blown cold, but at least the sore throat has eased.
I am due to disembark at 10am, so hopefully should be home mid/late afternoon.
Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Thu 04-Jul-19 06:59:16

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Hazy sunshine here.
A funeral this morning for a local friend.
I'll pick gooseberries and blackcurrants
later.

gillybob Thu 04-Jul-19 07:08:46

The sun is desperately trying to break through the clouds here on the NE coast.

I have a hospital appointment with my neurology consultant in the city centre this morning, even getting there stresses me out, then there’s trying to get parked.....oh dear ..... Anyway after that I’m back to “that place” again. Thank goodness it’s Thursday.

Sorry to hear your lovely cruise has come to an end BlueSapphire I have enjoyed hearing about all the interesting places you have visited. I hope you continue to have a lovely time in Lindos NannyJan , making the most of your last few days, it’s a small world isn’t it?

Have a good Thursday everyone . Hope the sun is shining wherever you are and whatever you are doing. ☀️ x

Marydoll Thu 04-Jul-19 07:14:47

Good morning all from Glasgow. I'm not sure what the weather is doing, there is a glimmer of sunshine behind the clouds.
We are off down the coast with our wee granddaughter, but rain is forecast later. We shall stock up on pies from our favourite bakery while we are there and then it's fish and chips by the harbour.
We may have a paddle in the sea in our wellies, as it's far to cold for bare feet!!! grin

I'm recovering from a worrying day yesterday, when my tumble dryer started smoking and of course, I was home alone, as my husband was on the golf course. ?It didn't do my angina much good, I can tell you!

Have a pleasant day everyone.

Brunette10 Thu 04-Jul-19 07:15:30

Good Morning to all and to those who follow. It's a bright start here in Fife today but still windy. My cousin's daughter graduates today so proud of her achievements. Only shopping to do today whilst DH still in garden, he feels he is never going to finish his chores. BlueSapphire you have finished your cruise - nice to get home or not? Gillybob please don't get too stressed and hope all goes well with hospital appointment. Have a good day everyone.

Calpurnia Thu 04-Jul-19 07:16:27

It looks like another blue sky sunny day here in my corner of S.Devon. I hope the good weather holds for the school holidays - the countdown has started according to my Grandson! Hoping to get my husband out to enjoy lots of fresh sea air today before getting back for school pick up and tea at Grandma’s. Wishing everyone a peaceful day and best wishes to all facing a challenging day.

Marydoll Thu 04-Jul-19 07:17:58

Good luck today, Gilly. flowers

Mapleleaf Thu 04-Jul-19 07:20:55

Good morning all,
A lovely bright morning here in S Y. I think we are going to have another pleasant day.
Glad you are safely returned to Dover, BlueSapphire and that you’ve brought the fine weather with you! Like Beechnut, I’ve really enjoyed reading your daily reports.
Not too much on the agenda today, but will aim to go out for a nice walk somewhere.
Annie, I hope you didn’t have a disturbed night after yesterday’s worry, and that you locked your door - you must keep yourself safe, and remember, this is a public forum and anyone has access to what you write and there are some unpleasant people out there who could identify you and your situation, so please be careful.
Hope everyone has a good day. ?

EllanVannin Thu 04-Jul-19 07:22:17

Good Morning All x
Cloud is beginning to clear, I think/hope. Feeling very " fed up and far from home " this morning after having said my goodbyes to D and SiL on Tuesday.
They'll be landing in Sydney in about an hour----after having been delayed at Dubai for nearly two hours yesterday morning.
I have a feeling that D here and GS will go there next year.

Some hoovering to do, shopping was done yesterday then I must get started on arranging for the central heating to be installed as once I lose my motivation I've had it.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Greyduster Thu 04-Jul-19 07:28:17

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Wall to wall? this morning. Good, but not if you are going fishing. I would like a bit of cloud cover this afternoon if someone can order some up please! Just for a few hours....... we shall take a nice picnic just in case the fish aren’t biting!
Have a good day folks.

Urmstongran Thu 04-Jul-19 07:28:39

Good morning everyone from a mild but damp Plockton. It’s a very popular place with the walking and birdwatching fraternity!

Sorting out a bit more again this morning then this afternoon we’ll have a run over to Skye.

Had to smile yesterday when we drove into Kyle. On the spur of the moment I decided to get a wash and blow at a hair salon. We parked up, I spotted a nice looking place and I luckily got an appointment in an hour’s time. Turns out I didn’t realise how fortunate I was - the lady who styled my hair later informed me hers was the only salon in Kyle!! Sheesh, no wonder she said she’s always fully booked - someone’s missing a trick there - time to open Salon No. 2 somebody! It’s a big area so where do all these ladies go? Not a one in Plockton, nor Duirnish nor Balmacarra.
?

Hope Thursday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Pittcity Thu 04-Jul-19 07:46:22

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Downing an antihistamine and slathering on the factor 30 before walking into town for a dental appointment and a mooch around the shops.

ninathenana Thu 04-Jul-19 07:55:22

Morning everyone.

Another sunny morning in Kent Laundry already on the line courtesy of DH. He has now gone for his walk to buy a paper.
DD is in Nottingham with GS2 as he has to have a video x-ray in preparation for his next op. I hope the op happens soon.

dragonfly46 Thu 04-Jul-19 08:00:49

Good morning from a beautiful day in Leicestershire.

Hope your appointment goes well gilly think my DH could do with seeing a neurologist.

Sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday Annie.

Dog walking, getting our feet done then a garden party this evening.

harrigran Thu 04-Jul-19 08:14:35

Good morning from a pleasant NE.
My sister will be flying into the UK today for a three week visit, going to be quite a buy time as one GC breaks up from school tomorrow too.
I think we will have a civilised lunch out at a good restaurant and enjoy the calm before the storm.
Good luck for your appointment gilly.

Bellasnana Thu 04-Jul-19 08:14:48

Good morning from Malta where it is very hot and sunny.
I’ve slept in today after a bad night, so need to get going.

Hope you all have a good day.sunshine

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 04-Jul-19 08:15:26

Good morning from east London, blue skies and sunshine at the moment. Last night, the warmth just kept going until very late. Early post for me as I have to catch the bus to tennis this morning and was competing with DS (and his friend) for the bathroom as he’s off to Techfest near Nottingham today and has a train to catch. School pick up later, taking GD to her swimming lesson then choir to finish off my day. Have a good day.

Ginny42 Thu 04-Jul-19 08:22:22

Morning Mick and everyone. Blue sky with wisps of cloud in Cheshire. Painting group this morning and taking my GS. Have arranged for a lesson for him with a very talented member of the group to teach him his technique. I may try it too which will be a big change for me.

I know what you mean about the anxiety of parking before an appointment Gilly. It's so stressful. Hope it goes well.

Take care everyone. xx

aggie Thu 04-Jul-19 08:27:22

Good morning all , sunny and pleasant here in co Armagh . Nothing much going on here , Tomorrow I have DGD from 7 till she goes to summer scheme at 10, not sure how we will get on ! at 8 she knows her own mind and is a real Daddys girl , I am just standing in so he can do an early shift to get home to see the end of week Show and watch her sing and dance , I am going along to see her as well