Gransnet forums

Chat

tattooed man with horns

(80 Posts)
Fennel Thu 04-Jul-19 10:07:56

Yesterday I was behind this strange tattooed man in the Tesco queue.
He was very tall and well built and all the flesh you could see was covered in tattoos. Then I noticed 2 little horns on his tattooed head. Daughter was with me and she said they were metal and seemed to be implanted.
The poor cashier looked very nervous until he left.
Why on earth would a person want to do that to their body?

GabriellaG54 Fri 05-Jul-19 13:27:20

Tatts are common and I don't personally know anyone, man or woman, who has any.

jaylucy Fri 05-Jul-19 11:51:52

Tattooing and piercings etc are now seen as forms of self expression apparently!
Personally, I always wonder what they will look like when they are elderly and all wrinkly!
I must say that most people with tatts etc are often some of the nicest people you could meet - no different from wearing a certain style of clothing and saying they must be criminals because they choose to decorate themselves is so wrong - maybe you should google how many criminals don't have tattoos !

lemongrove Fri 05-Jul-19 11:43:19

Have said it once and for those who don’t read posts fully
Will say it again .... it was a joke ( Waitrose customers).hmm
Massively tattooed people are( unfortunately )everywhere.
They look horrible.

vickya Fri 05-Jul-19 11:33:12

Grandma70s and Lemongrove it is not a lower class or lack of self-esteem thing. I go to a David Lloyd health club daily to swim. They do a very good OAP rate smile. And quite a few people, more men than women but both, have tattoos. You can see them all in the pool. It might be a good deal for OAPs but it is not that cheap unless you use it often. So they must all be people with Waitrose incomes and jobs to offer those. As there are so many I can't think they lack self-esteem. They seem fine when you chat to them smile

I'd not have a tattoo myself, although I had my ears pierced when I was about 20. My mum had too and her mum. People did then as it meant earrings were safer from being lost. I haven't had anything else pierced smile. #1 daughter has a small tattoo I think..maybe it was on her ankle. I can't recall. Something like a flower. I don't think her younger sister has one.

Alexa Fri 05-Jul-19 10:27:03

I had my ears pierced for earrings because clip ons hurt and because I thought I looked nice with earrings. I have not worn earrings for years but I do like them on other people as they seem pretty , to me.

I think prettiness is ruled out as motive for most of these queer piercings and paintings.

gillybob Fri 05-Jul-19 10:04:58

At the risk of another accusation of “having nothing to worry about and too much time on my hands.....”

I really can’t understand how could anyone do this to another human being M0nica and I think they deserved a prison sentence.

Fennel Fri 05-Jul-19 09:52:45

Interesting link M0nica.
It might make a few people think twice before having these procedures. And those who carry them out.

lemongrove Thu 04-Jul-19 23:26:12

Good night moon
Tomorrow is another day.smile

gillybob Thu 04-Jul-19 23:06:06

No of course it isn’t lemon but being told that I must have too much time on my hands and very little to worry about ....etc kind of hurts you know? Or maybe not .

Goodnight all x

lemongrove Thu 04-Jul-19 23:02:38

That’s not any GNers fault gillybob !

gillybob Thu 04-Jul-19 22:54:56

Oh get lost ! I’ve had the shitiest of shit days.

lemongrove Thu 04-Jul-19 22:52:02

There is a Marvel character who has horns and red tattoos.

Anja Thu 04-Jul-19 22:49:21

Yes, we all know.

lemongrove Thu 04-Jul-19 22:49:03

It was a joke gillybob?

gillybob Thu 04-Jul-19 22:48:19

I have no worries in the world Anja none at all........

Anja Thu 04-Jul-19 22:45:31

Yes, the world would be a better place without all the Busy Lizzie....or is that mentioning another thread?

Really gillybob you must have a lot of time on your hands and very little to worry about if you have to take on everyone elses’s issues.

Chill woman.

gillybob Thu 04-Jul-19 22:42:52

Oh for goodness sake. Let’s not comment on anything that is not “our” direct problem.

I suppose only Tesco, Asda or Aldi could possibly have tattoood or pierced customers ? Never in Waitrose of course.

Consensual ? Planting metal horns into someone’s skull ? Really ?

Anja Thu 04-Jul-19 22:39:48

And I do say it about plenty of things. If it’s not impacting on me and mine, and it’s not illegal, the get over it!

lemongrove Thu 04-Jul-19 22:39:08

Fennel........shop in Waitrose next time.grin
They have a better type of customer.

Anja Thu 04-Jul-19 22:38:59

So? It was consensual, and really not your problem.

gillybob Thu 04-Jul-19 22:35:08

Well I suppose you could say that about plenty of things couldn’t you Anja ? The fact is that someone did this to someone else !

Anja Thu 04-Jul-19 22:32:01

Not doing you any harm so live and let live.

gillybob Thu 04-Jul-19 22:15:33

Exactly what I said up thread Calli were they implanted by a real doctor or a piercist ? Whoever, it’s simply grotesque .

Callistemon Thu 04-Jul-19 21:10:47

What happens when they get old and their skin goes all stretched and saggy?
Everything will look distorted!

Horns? Who did that to him anyway!

M0nica Thu 04-Jul-19 20:17:45

If you have the stomach for it, read this. www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/dr-evil-trial-sentence-brendan-mccarthy-tattoo-gbh-wolverhampton-a8833811.html

This may be the man who implanted the horns.