Gransnet forums

Chat

tattooed man with horns

(80 Posts)
Fennel Thu 04-Jul-19 10:07:56

Yesterday I was behind this strange tattooed man in the Tesco queue.
He was very tall and well built and all the flesh you could see was covered in tattoos. Then I noticed 2 little horns on his tattooed head. Daughter was with me and she said they were metal and seemed to be implanted.
The poor cashier looked very nervous until he left.
Why on earth would a person want to do that to their body?

BradfordLass72 Sun 07-Jul-19 08:22:40

Personally, I always wonder what they will look like when they are elderly and all wrinkly!

I can tell you. They look beautiful.

LullyDully Sun 07-Jul-19 08:11:21

I do wonder what everyone , with huge tattoos on their arms and legs , will do when the fashion changes.

elizasnan Sun 07-Jul-19 06:51:04

A chap gets on our bus who has a spiders webb tatooed on his bald head and face. I'm 69 and get the creeps looking at it. I dread to think what a young child would make of it. He can't see it but we can !

Lilyflower Sun 07-Jul-19 06:07:25

It is all very well saying that tattoos are a choice and do no harm but I am left feeling panicked and overwhelmed at some of the more extreme body disfigurements. I would have had nightmares as a child. No one should have the right to inflict horror on children or sensitive adults.

Jaxie Sat 06-Jul-19 19:24:47

I imagine these people are searching for significance. Perhaps their mothers didn't give them enough attention as children.

Shropshirelass Sat 06-Jul-19 08:30:15

How vile. People seem to do thinks to get a reaction. How will they feel when they are older? Like a freak. I think that heavy tattoos look like bruises, they are not attractive at all. If we were meant to have holes in our body we would have been born wit them. As for eyeball tattooing- well that makes me cringe. How will this affect their precious sight later on. It is all so ugly and repulsive!

MissAdventure Fri 05-Jul-19 23:19:48

I think its reasonable for people to think "That's weird!" when they see extreme body modification.
I would expect it if I had a pair of horns on my head.

okimherenow Fri 05-Jul-19 23:06:26

Would you employ him?
I sometimes wonder if it's a way of making yourself unemployable ....
Or just Look at me , to extreme ...

Callistemon Fri 05-Jul-19 22:59:11

Tatts are common and I don't personally know anyone, man or woman, who has any.
And I always thought you would move in elite circles, eg Samantha Cameron, Lady Steel, David Dimbleby et al, Gabriella!

moggie57 Fri 05-Jul-19 22:53:03

usually because they have something to hide or they feel insecure. maybe he's just a weirdo.....

Barmeyoldbat Fri 05-Jul-19 21:10:48

Roll on tomorrow when I get my new goggles,

Barmeyoldbat Fri 05-Jul-19 21:08:02

Fennel, we are still judging people on how they look, a pair of horns, so what,as long he is happy and not doing any harm well thats it. They might be held in like a piercing, if it had me I would have asked him and shown some interest into he got them. I do wonder if he ever goes abroad and how he gets on in security though. Some gn have been judgemental.

Fennel Fri 05-Jul-19 19:48:46

Barmey - I'm not talking/writing about people like your son. I have a son like that , and a DiL who has all sorts of piercings from her hippy youth. But who are fostering orphans in India now.
It's these extras, like devil's horns, that worries me.

Peaseblossom Fri 05-Jul-19 19:22:49

Anja Jeez you really do have an attitude problem. I've noticed before when you have commented on various topics. Maybe just ignore peoples comments if you don't like them instead of responding in an angry way. grin

Rosina Fri 05-Jul-19 17:49:34

A friend's daughter had a huge tattoo right across her shoulder blades and when she became pregnant there was concern about the ink in her system - we were really surprised to hear this but evidently the lymph glands can be affected by ink leaking into them from really large amounts of tattooing. Many people now seem to have a 'sleeve' of tattoos - what is this doing to their lymphatic systems?

Barmeyoldbat Fri 05-Jul-19 17:24:28

Sorry my post is badly written, I am waiting for new glasses.

Barmeyoldbat Fri 05-Jul-19 17:18:26

Today I met my son in town for a spot of lunch and a gossip. He turned up on his bike, sunnies on, piercing in is nose and ears and to top it all a flowing mane of dreadlocks but no tattoos, torn jeans and a t.shirt finished off the4 look. He is the gentlest and caring person you could meet and a brain and he shops at times in Waitrose with me. I despise the people who judge other people by their looks and what they are wearing.

H1954 Fri 05-Jul-19 16:58:19

Just imagine.............getting struck by lightening! Lol ?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 05-Jul-19 16:48:26

Oh dear, some of these people who are into extreme body modification seem to me to be mentally ill. It's just not normal, is it? If they change their minds it must be very difficult to go back to 'normal'.
There is a man (in the USA I think) who looks like a big cat or a tiger. Rather sad, I feel. The ethics of these 'surgeons' who agree to do these things are questionable.

quasidodo Fri 05-Jul-19 16:02:45

I'm guessing that most of you don't live in London.

Davida1968 Fri 05-Jul-19 15:14:19

At the gym I've seen older women with "drooping" tattoos - which is one of the many reasons why I'd never have one. Each to her own...

Viviness Fri 05-Jul-19 14:17:10

With all those piercings, she still puts on eyeshadow? As the saying goes, there's nowt as queer as folk.

Stansgran Fri 05-Jul-19 14:10:25

It's the ones with the bolt through the top of the nose between the eyes that revolts me. I can't look at someone like that it makes my eyes water. I once saw a woman- in Cyprus - in shorts with atrocious varicose veins and wondered why she didn't get them done.as she came closer I realised that they were tattoos of vines up her legs. I've got pierced ears- reluctantly but DH gave me some earrings which he said would help finance my care home so I ought to have pierced ears for security ?

sunseeker Fri 05-Jul-19 13:48:52

I asked a friend with tattoos if she thought she would ever regret it. Her reply was along the lines of why would she regret doing what she wanted and having the money to do so. She tried to persuade me to get one - not a chance!!

sarahellenwhitney Fri 05-Jul-19 13:27:37

MOnica I don't know about what tattoos will look like if a young person loses weight can you imagine, as we are supposed to be living longer, what these body adornments will look like on those who reach a century plus ?