Gransnet forums

Chat

I’m such high maintenance

(7 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Thu 04-Jul-19 11:51:13

When I was younger, I would get up shower, wash my hair clean my teeth and put on my makeup when working - job done.

Now it’s shower using a special flannel and towel and disinfecting the shower after. Carefully drying between my toes then applying spray to the nails and cream to my feet twice a day. That’s because I caught nail fungus taking the GC swimming.

I apply oil to my skin because it’s so dry and flaky. . I have special sensitive shampoo because I’m allergic to other brands. The skin on my face is very touchy and flairs up at the drop of a hat.

I have a torn shoulder rotator cuff, which means at the moment I am sitting up to sleep because it’s so painful in bed. Strangely fine being upright. And I have every gadget known to man for my teeth to try and prevent gum problems, and seemingly failing according to my dentist.

I’ve also developed an intolerance to gluten.

😄😄😄😄😄😄

Getting older is quite interesting isn’t it?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 04-Jul-19 11:53:47

Whitewavemark2, as someone once said “Getting Old is not for Wimps” (sorry cannot remember source of quote, it’s my age!!!)

Bathsheba Thu 04-Jul-19 12:04:02

And someone else said "Old age never comes alone". That's certainly true for me, and I have similar, but different, daily routines Whitewave, that are time consuming and annoying. I have to go through all the washing and creaming nonsense to keep various horrors at bay shockgrin

I wish I could just brush my teeth and get into bed at night. It used to be so simple, didn't it?!

Bellasnana Thu 04-Jul-19 12:10:02

I believe it was Bette Davis who said “Old age ain’t for cissies”! It was one of my dear mum’s favourite quotes and she should know, she lived until she was 92!

Namsnanny Thu 04-Jul-19 12:24:54

Yep same here!! Overheard my son complaining his beard took a while to trim the other day....didn’t have the heart to say it gets worse so think yourself lucky wink

Whitewavemark2 Thu 04-Jul-19 12:26:24

Oh yes and there’s the beard of course!

Bathsheba Thu 04-Jul-19 12:27:35

Whitewave grin