Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(58 Posts)
12Michael Fri 05-Jul-19 06:16:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looks like its going to be another hot warm day here in Brackley .
Usual day of shop , and bank etc, will have a quiet day today.
Mick

Beechnut Fri 05-Jul-19 06:22:40

Good Morning Mick and all who follow.
Warm and sunny on Severnside.
A warm, sleepy and dreamy night I’ve had.
Shopping and sorting out some stuff today for a weekend get together.

I hope everyone has a good day ?

Bellasnana Fri 05-Jul-19 06:23:41

Good morning Mick, and everyone. The weather in Malta is hot and sunny. They say it will reach 40°C over the weekend.shock

Was enjoying watching the Nadal/Kyrgios match yesterday when, almost at the end, we had a power outage! So frustrating, but glad Rafa triumphed anyway.?

No plans today other than to go and get my car cleaned and filled with petrol. I lead an exciting life grin

Wishing a good day to all.sunshine

Johno Fri 05-Jul-19 06:33:12

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Sprout Fri 05-Jul-19 06:41:18

Morning Mick and all. Sun is making his way through it is still warm. Like a lot of people didn't sleep well. Off to have nails done and feet today. Then home gardener coming to cut grass again every 2 weeks now. Hope everyone has a good day.

Ginny42 Fri 05-Jul-19 06:45:34

Good morning to Mick, Beechnut, Bellasnana and all who follow. We have a bright morning in Cheshire with a mackerel cloud formation. Not sure what that indicates for the weather today but it's pretty.

My grandson and I are off to Liverpool to stock up on paints, have lunch out and some treats no doubt.

Enjoy your day whatever you may be doing.

Ginny42 Fri 05-Jul-19 06:47:09

Oh and you too Sprout! You slipped your greeting in there whilst I was thinking about it.

kittylester Fri 05-Jul-19 06:47:27

Morning all from North Leicestershire where it is not quite so sunny but still warming.

We have Dd3 and Wolfie coming this morning and then this afternoon we have to go to a plumber's merchant to find a replacement shower door and a radiator. confused

Enjoy your days everyone, wherever you are.

BlueSapphire Fri 05-Jul-19 06:56:42

Good morning all from a very sunny Northampton. Strange to wake up and not be rocked by the sea!

Just having cup of tea, and have put my first load of holiday washing in. Don't know what else I'm doing today (except more unpacking and washing) but I hope to be taking it fairly easy. Must find out from DDIL whether I've got DGDs after school - think I can cope with that. Must also ring the cattery to organise them bringing the cats home tomorrow. At least I don't need to cut the grass, as my very kind neighbour has done both front and back lawns. But the weeds are like monsters, especially on the patio, so I might have to do that today, and every shrub seems to have gone mad!

Enjoy the weather, everyone!

BlueSapphire Fri 05-Jul-19 07:05:54

Oh, and have just stepped on the scales fearing the worst, but delighted to find I have only put 2lbs on! And that after a few full Englishes, two course lunches and 3-5 course dinners, plus wine! It must be all those times I did my 6 laps of the deck, the amount of walking to get from one place to another on the ship - practically the whole length of the ship to get to the dining room from my cabin, and the walking on the tours. I also managed to avoid the cake and biscuits, and only went to afternoon tea once. Back to normal eating now!

Marydoll Fri 05-Jul-19 07:12:21

Good morning all from a very cool Glasgow, where it's only 14°. I'm so envious of those who are posting about good weather.

We had a lovely day at the seaside yesterday, but it was not exactly warm! We were the only people on our part of the beach. I don't know who had more fun, my wee grandadughter ot me!

It means a quiet day for me today, as usual I overdid it yesterday. My husband has offered to do the supermarket shopping to let me rest. However, he can never follow the list and we end up with no end of items we don't need.
Last week, I asked him to get me PaNKo breadcrumbs, he came back with PaXo breadcrumbs. He said he thought I couldn't spell. grin

Have a pleasant day, whatever you are doing.

Resurgam123 Fri 05-Jul-19 07:19:44

Good Morning All.
We should probably be asking for cooler weather and not hot sunshine wall to wall.
This is really serious for our environment

EllanVannin Fri 05-Jul-19 07:20:09

Good morning All x
A bright enough start but not the settled conditions that further down the country has. One disadvantage of living on the coast, but hey-ho can't have everything.

A bit of tidying up to do and clean the windows-----nothing rash. D will probably pop along later as she's having a well-earned break from work for a couple of days, a rarity for her.

Still missing D2 since she returned home but I expect a volley of snaps with her next email. Happy memories.

Hope everyone enjoys their day today.

Feelingmyage55 Fri 05-Jul-19 07:22:11

Good morning from north of the border. Started off sunny but overcast now. Washing out and about to head off to the supermarket so that I can concentrate on the tennis today and tomorrow. Yesterday was good at Wimbledon. I like the surprises. I do wish Kyrgios had concentrated as he has all the potential to go to the top. I must admit that, although he went about it completely the wrong way, Nadal does keep his opponents waiting and unfortunately the “25 second clock” is not on show to the public or the tv viewer. I had a sneaky little bit of sympathy for his point of view. Nadal was the gentleman as ever. Ducking under the parapet now ?. Have the best day you can everyone.

Grammaretto Fri 05-Jul-19 07:24:57

Morning all from the Scottish Borders where it's overcast and decidedly cool.
Preparing for family arriving today from "down south" I hope we won't have to put the heating on.
I've been getting chilly beach photos from DDs holiday in Wester Ross. The kids don't mind though do they Marydoll
I hope you have a restful day Bluesapphire on dry land.
Wimbledon was interrupted by a surprise visit yesterday of old friends who live now in NZ. It was a real tonic to see them again.
Have a nice day today all of you.

Greyduster Fri 05-Jul-19 07:29:24

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Motley white clouds in a blue sky today in South Yorkshire. Yesterday my fishing day was something of a disaster. Instead of the gentle breeze and slight ripple I expected, the wind was hammering down the Derwent Valley straight onto the bank I was fishing and made it virtually impossible. Oh well, there will be other days. I am sitting watching a little flock of sparrows obligingly picking insects off my plants. Marydoll that’s a charming picture of your GD - nothing better than a beach day, is there? Window cleaning for me today. Have a good day folks.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 05-Jul-19 07:36:14

Good morning from east London, bright blue skies at the moment. Having a stay at home day today, busy weekend coming up, although I will need a walk at some point. May even manage to watch more of Wimbledon; I tend to listen to 5live to keep up. Have a good day.

gillybob Fri 05-Jul-19 07:39:45

Well to be honest I was in two minds about posting at all this morning but anyway here goes.....

Good morning from the NE coast where the sun is desperately trying to break through the cloud. The weather forecast suggests that the clouds will win. It’s a fairly breezy start too. The birds are going crazy outside DH must’ve filled the birdtable on his way out .

I’m off to “that place” in about an hour so just enjoying a cuppa. Thank goodness it’s a half day. I have a fair bit of running around to do this afternoon and will be taking my dad,DD and little Evie (food) shopping as I do most Fridays. Poor lamb fell and bit her lip yesterday and DD says she has a fat bottom lip. Oh dear, I think the start of many more bumps and bruises to come as she is a little whirlwind.

I’m so glad you had a lovely cruise BlueSapphire 2lb in weight is nothing after “pushing the boat out” I’m sure it will just drop off. It must feel strange being on dry land again.

Have a good Friday everyone x

dragonfly46 Fri 05-Jul-19 07:41:50

Good Morning everyone, clear blue skies in my part of Leicestershire.
Driving down to London to take granddoggy back. Will hear all about DD’s trip to Cancun with good meal out this evening.

NfkDumpling Fri 05-Jul-19 07:42:42

Morning All

Still with high cloud in the north of Norfolk. But it’s clearing from the east as the day is getting up.

We had a lovely (and hot) day on the river yesterday with friends. An impulse day. One of the advantages of being retired. Not sure what we’re doing today until Best Beloved gets up, but we’re seeing friends tonight for a meal in the garden.

ninathenana Fri 05-Jul-19 07:43:04

Morning everyone.

A few wispy clouds over Kent this morning and maybe a degree or two cooler.
Food shop and I want to pick up a couple of paint charts whilst out. It's Kent County Show starting today until Sunday so the route to anywhere from here will be chaos. I won't be going far.
Have a good day.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 05-Jul-19 07:52:17

Morning all from a warm South Notts. I think it's going to be another hot one. Did the dreaded ironing before it heats up - an unappealing job at the best of times.
Should be visiting sister later.
Hope all is well with everyone.

Urmstongran Fri 05-Jul-19 08:04:09

Good morning everyone from Plockton in Wester Ross where the temperature yesterday was only 11°C. And what rain too! Brr, it was chilly. Believe it or not we were grateful for a lit fire in the hotel bar last night - it made it cosy - it was like bluddy winter up here yesterday!

Forecast slightly better for today but we have clearing to do in the two attic bedrooms. They are both crammed with stuff. It will be interesting I think having a poke around in there. Yesterday my father found a huge schooner’s sea chart inside it’s original copper tube container from yesteryear! He passed it over to his cousin here who has a couple of boats - he was astonished at the find.
?

Home tomorrow.

Hope Friday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Brunette10 Fri 05-Jul-19 08:12:26

Good Morning from a bright but chilly Fife. Wind is blowing once again. Sounds you had fun yesterday Marydoll, kids just love being at the beach no matter what the weather is like. DD with DGS's coming along today whilst DH continues with garden. Shall I do any housework? - No I don't think I will! Have a good day.

Auntieflo Fri 05-Jul-19 08:22:36

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all GN's. Had an unsettled night, not only the heat, but a funny tummy as well that kept waking me with sharp pains. Not nice.
Yesterday I went into the bank to see if I had left my sunglasses there the previous day, no luck, and I am sad, as not only did I like them, but they cost £££'s when we were last abroad. (I hadn't realised until I did the Euro conversion)
DH now has the first 4 dates and times for his radiotherapy, so diary filling up for 4 weeks ahead now.
Am volunteering again this afternoon, as the shop is short staffed, so that will be 4 Fridays I shall have done.
Last night, when it was cooler, and still light, I planted out the Busy Lizzies that had managed to creep into my shopping trolley.
Have a good day one and all.