Gransnet forums

Chat

Did anyone else collect these?

(60 Posts)
MiniMoon Tue 09-Jul-19 15:18:22

BTW my sister collected Wade Whimsies when she was a little girl. I wonder if she still has any of them.

blondenana Tue 09-Jul-19 15:17:36

I used to collect stamps, and when older cigarette coupons, green shield stamps, now i collect coins
Mainly the new issues, like Beatrix potter ones,Peter Rabbit etc

MiniMoon Tue 09-Jul-19 15:14:16

I don't collect anything, I don't see the point. DH collects Harmony Kingdom figures and pots. Why he bothers, I don't know. They mostly live in their boxes in the attic and never see the light of day!

blondenana Tue 09-Jul-19 15:13:55

What are Shopkins, this is a new one on me?

moggie57 Tue 09-Jul-19 15:12:01

my doll sally was bought with tokens from washing powder . fairy snow t. and wait for it ,i still have the doll .though she did get new arms at dolls hospital after my sister cut her arms up..so sally sits in my spare bedroom on the bed .with my jane replacement doll for the china one that i had. janes toes cracked and broke and my dad made me put her in the dustbin... boo-hoo.

midgey Tue 09-Jul-19 14:59:33

My daughters first pram was bought with my MIL embassy coupons!

Olderthanmost Tue 09-Jul-19 14:30:03

Green shield stamps. Embassy cigarettes coupons. Kellogg cornflakes tops.

Stansgran Tue 09-Jul-19 14:12:00

I used to collect the Wade characters. Lady and theTramp. I'm still collecting other things. I wish I could stop

joannapiano Tue 09-Jul-19 13:37:36

I used to collect plastic tiny Dalmatian dog figures, from Disney’s 101 Dalmatians film, from Woolworths, in the 50’s.
Plastic even then, I’m afraid.

jiggle Tue 09-Jul-19 13:13:43

My granddaughter was chatting to me about how she is collecting Shopkins and asked whether I used to collect anything when I was a child. I did - Wade whimsies. I confess I hadn't thought about these in decades, but it's been lovely to remember them with her. I'm not sure how they would go down in these days of brightly coloured plastic, but we loved them