Gransnet forums

Chat

I truly do not mean this to be another Meghan bashing thread...

(189 Posts)
Gonegirl Wed 10-Jul-19 18:23:05

....she hasn't really got the hang of holding that baby has she?

grin

GabriellaG54 Wed 10-Jul-19 19:26:03

If you look at her tummy, she looms pregnant again. See where Archie is resting and look at the curve, yet there was no sign of it in the black dress she wore the other day.
Anyway, almost £600 for a khaki tent? ??
More money than sense.

GabriellaG54 Wed 10-Jul-19 19:26:26

looms looks

Day6 Wed 10-Jul-19 19:27:05

She does look a bit awkward. I wonder if Archie had started screaming or suddenly pooed in his nappy, would a nanny have taken over?

Day6 Wed 10-Jul-19 19:30:34

She may have a post-pregnancy rounded tummy. I did with all of mine, in the days before new mothers fretted about their body shape. I think she is dressed appropriately.

MissAdventure Wed 10-Jul-19 19:31:50

I still have a post pregnancy rounded belly, 37 years after the event! blush

merlotgran Wed 10-Jul-19 19:33:06

Gove??? Oh Gawd! don't bring him into it. grin

Urmstongran Wed 10-Jul-19 19:33:30

MissA ?

merlotgran Wed 10-Jul-19 19:36:51

I thought the dress looked lovely and cool for a warm summer day and well done Meghan for not wanting to look like a skinny Minnie so soon after giving birth.

But then I saw the price. shock shock

Do the royals not realise somebody's 'avin' a larff? at their our expense? grin

Doodle Wed 10-Jul-19 19:52:44

I once spent ages rocking a supermarket trolley back and forth thinking it was my pram with baby in it. Good for her being out and about with her little one. I bet she loves him to bits. I hope to see more lovely photos of her with Archie and Kate with her 3 enjoying some family time together.

Doodle Wed 10-Jul-19 19:54:42

Regarding the price of her dress. I think she has enough money of her own to buy what she wants.
If you are going to have a pop at someone for spending money on stuff then what about these footballers and their wives who spend an extraordinary amount on.....whatever.

Anniebach Wed 10-Jul-19 20:01:13

The footballers earn their money, yes vast sums but it is earned and they are not paid when approaching 40, or do they?

crazyH Wed 10-Jul-19 20:02:06

She has a scared look - scared of dropping him, I guess.

Rosarie Wed 10-Jul-19 20:02:38

I wonder is she breast feeding him in that photo ?

GabriellaG54 Wed 10-Jul-19 20:05:27

No. She wouldn't risk being snapped and the dress has no false front.

annep1 Wed 10-Jul-19 20:09:28

I didn't think it was Meghan bashing. It was lighthearted?

Grannyben Wed 10-Jul-19 20:13:00

Perhaps that was taken mid changing position. There was another photo shown where he was all snuggled in to his mummy and she was gently kissing the top of his head. Maybe we could have discussed that one instead.

Oh, and I've just remembered, I went to see my cousin when her baby was about 10 days old. She stood there proudly holding her little girl. That was before she dropped her, just managing to grab hold of her by her matinee jacket before she his the floor.

Urmstongran Wed 10-Jul-19 20:21:40

I had our second baby daughter in the carry cot we had used for her older sister. Remember we all (I think) used to put a carry cot on the back seat of the car - just slide it along? (Or was that just me - horrors!)

Anyway, it had had some use.

I had my newish baby in it, was walking out of the front door when one of the handles snapped and my baby rolled out onto the carpet, bunched up in a cot sheet!

Oh god I don’t know who was more startled - me or the baby!

Minniemoo Wed 10-Jul-19 20:31:34

I am possibly thinking about this far too much. I have no idea if she's a breast or a bottle feeder. But if she's a breast feeder there can be leakage. And looking at the material of that dress it looks pretty unforgiving to me. So maybe, just maybe, she's holding him in such an odd way as to avoid any glimpses of damp patches. So that's just my pointless point of view. As you were!

HildaW Wed 10-Jul-19 20:44:08

Sheesh.......so many pictures in get taken in rapid succession of these folks that I suspect there is one of her that looks like she's strangling it!
Some folks need to lay orf....can you imagine what she's coping with.....giant sanitary towels, stiches, lumpy boobs everyone wanting her to look awful/wonderful/thin/fat ....and drop dead gorgeous!

merlotgran Wed 10-Jul-19 20:47:09

Giant sanitary towels, stitches?.....The baby is two months old!!!

HildaW Wed 10-Jul-19 20:50:12

blimey aren't you all counting....and definitely not giving an inch.

Minniemoo Wed 10-Jul-19 20:53:28

Well I think we can safely say that she's fortunately not wearing giant sanitary towels now. The jeans she wore to Wimbledon proves that!

Callistemon Wed 10-Jul-19 20:58:15

I think I held DD1 awkwardly but that is because she was rather an awkward baby, always fidgeting (sorry DD1, I love you very much).
DS snuggled in nicely.

Iam64 Wed 10-Jul-19 21:00:09

Minniemoo, she may have been wearing those things you can allegedly jump out of aeroplanes wearing, always I think the name is. Can't say they helped me during those awful menopausal decades, driving home as soon as I got to work because everything needed changing.
That's the thing sisterhood. Those of us who've been lucky enough to be young mothers (or not so young in many cases) and to have survived through the menopause and beyond, we'll know a thing or two about managing various fluids over those years. Tears included in the managing of fluid fronts. those young wives of Windsor may never have to worry about paying bills but I am so relieved that I didn't live under a microscope and that my own daughters can survive (just) having their babies, learning how to hold them, feed them, whether to let hem cry for a whole minute, etc, without having the world's press photographing and cataloguing every mistake, every frock.

Callistemon Wed 10-Jul-19 21:12:20

Aaaah, just checked the pictures
She's holding him with his ear near her heart; it's supposed to soothe babies, reminds them of when they were in the womb.
Sweet.