Gransnet forums

Chat

Things children say [smile]

(138 Posts)
Laurensnan Thu 11-Jul-19 10:09:08

My grandson ordered fish and chips for his meal when we were out. When they brought it he tucked in and ate all the chips. Then he left the rest. "what about the rest? Why did you order it if you don't want it?". He said "I do want fish and chips, it's my favourite .... but without the fish" ?

jaylucy Thu 11-Jul-19 10:07:57

My son had us puzzled for ages with his school dinner that was orange footprints , we eventually found out was ravioli!
I was also told that he said he liked the Scotch but not the egg!!
GD asked her pappy why his face had "crinkles" - same GD claimed that"I'm not a spotty person" when choosing a new dress - one of which had polka dots!

hereshoping Thu 11-Jul-19 10:07:37

Years ago, I was rather pleased with the results of my dieting and keep fit regime and was trying on a new swimsuit. My DD then about 7 said "You look lovely Mummy, just like Ma Larkin" .

Theoddbird Thu 11-Jul-19 10:02:16

Not a funny comment....just strange coming from a two year old. Son said...of course when you die you come back as another baby...

Grannybags Thu 11-Jul-19 10:01:55

I have a letter which I wrote to my Dad when I was about 6 which said "Mammy is cranling on the flourbouts"

Never did find out what she was doing!

Cranling is still a word used by the family!

Blinko Thu 11-Jul-19 10:00:57

I asked my toddler DS1 what sort of eggs he wanted for breakfast. He thought for a moment or two then asked for splattered egg. Another time, he wanted knock-knock egg.

Splattered is of course, fried egg and knock-knock egg is boiled, when you tap the shell to break it before peeling.

Very inventive, I thought at the time.

coast35 Thu 11-Jul-19 10:00:41

My grandson just newly 9 said to me last week “Granny back in the olden days when I was at nursery.”
I suppose it does seem a long time ago to him!

Jillyblom59 Thu 11-Jul-19 09:58:44

My daughter asked me if she could have an “ upstairs downstairs cozimashoom”....... she meant a bikini!
We still call them that to this day. ?

annodomini Thu 11-Jul-19 09:48:15

During a particularly noisy thunderstorm, toddler son came into our bedroom and complained: 'Man with big drum waked me up!'

NannyJan53 Thu 11-Jul-19 08:09:23

When my now 8 year old DGD was 5, she asked her Mum what were the 5 senses.

DD listed them, sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch.

DGD then asks, "what about sense of humour"? grin

Bordersgirl57 Thu 11-Jul-19 07:28:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bordersgirl57 Thu 11-Jul-19 07:12:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BradfordLass72 Thu 11-Jul-19 04:04:04

Reminiscing with a friend.
She sent her son (7) outside to watch Dad mending the car. When he came in Mum asked, 'Did Dad say what was wrong with it?'
'Yes,' said, the wee boy, 'some cake was stuck in there.'
Puzzled, she questioned her DH later. The boy had asked if the problem was serious and Dad had answered, 'No, son, it's a piece of cake.'

One of my sons, when he needed the lavatory would say, descriptively, 'My bottom's heavy.'

What's your offspring's droll or funny saying?