Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(54 Posts)
Pantglas1 Sun 14-Jul-19 06:05:50

Guessed I’d be first today as I’ve just been to collect the car after leaving it at friends house last night. Birds chattering away as I walked down, cats slinking around smelly bins and dogs barking loudly but it looks like another glorious day - hope Sunday is kind to you all.

Mapleleaf Sun 14-Jul-19 08:26:04

Morning all.
Hope you are having a lovely time in Spain, Pantglas1.
Enjoy your lunch, Mick - I’ve never tried meat substitute meals before so you’ll have to tell us all what it was like when you post tomorrow.
We’ve had quite a bit of rain through the night judging by how wet DH’s car is and the puddles on the road, but it’s dry now and brighter.
We had a lovely afternoon tea yesterday, though we brought a lot of the sweet stuff home to have today as we were a bit over-faced by it all.
A lazy day today, just church in a bit and the bedding to change later.
Have a good day. ?

Pittcity Sun 14-Jul-19 08:30:21

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester. It's been raining overnight and I had to pull the duvet over me for the first time in ages.
DD and DGSs coming for lunch so I'd best get a wriggle on.

Greyduster Sun 14-Jul-19 08:35:10

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A blissfully long lie in this morning after recent crack of dawn fiascos. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire. We were in a restaurant near DDs’s yesterday when the heavens opened but we didn’t have a drop over where we live. We have a very quiet day today. I’m another who would like to hear what your roast was like, Mick! Have a good day folks.

Hal49 Sun 14-Jul-19 08:40:26

Morning All from a warm and sunny Mid Wales ?

Welcome Nortsat46 - I’m a newbie to this friendly group too.

Pantglas1 hope you don’t mind me asking but whereabouts was your grandparents farm? Pant means Valley and Glas is Blue, so translated as Blue Valley. Sounds like you have many happy memories ?

Well, it’s going to be yet more gardening for me today, can’t cope with the mess anymore!

Have a good day all ?

Lins1066 Sun 14-Jul-19 08:42:09

Good Morning Mick and everyone, I buy that Linda McCartney roast for our daughter in law, Mick and she enjoys it. It is warm and sunny on our Bristol Channel coast. So glad that it was fine for the Steriophonics concert in Singleton Park in Swansea last night.

BBQ later for us after the tennis and the Grand Prix, will have to follow the cricket and the Tour de France on the iPad. ????
Have a good day everyone, take care Marydoll and welcome to Nortsat46

Pantglas1 Sun 14-Jul-19 08:42:50

Urmstongran - it’s the name of their farm and means Blue Hollow which seems quite American to me but lots of farms in Wales have the name.

Lins1066 Sun 14-Jul-19 08:44:41

Thanks Hal49, I knew that Glas was 'blue' but wasn't sure about Pant.
Mystery solved.

Grannycool52 Sun 14-Jul-19 08:45:01

Good morning everyone. It's a lovely sunny morning in Dublin and I'm going to skive off church today and get outside while it's good. Hope you all enjoy your day and your Sunday lunch.

harrigran Sun 14-Jul-19 08:48:10

Good morning from an overcast NE.
I need to make a trip to a shopping centre to collect a watch I bought on Thursday, after I paid for it they couldn't find the box and paperwork so they have ordered another.
DS and family are in Yorkshire for the weekend and DD is back home in Belgium after just escaping dreadful storm in Greece.

gillybob Sun 14-Jul-19 09:01:11

A late good morning from the NE coast . It’s very overcast and more rain expected later.

I was hoping to do a bit gardening later (weather permitting) but we shall see.

Have a good Sunday everyone x

Anniebach Sun 14-Jul-19 09:06:29

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

My younger granddaughter coming today ?

Hope everyone has a good day x

EllanVannin Sun 14-Jul-19 09:08:47

Good Morning All x
Another leaden sky here on the banks of the Mersey and the roofs look damp so probably a shower through the night. Oh joy !
Must get the hoover on the go today a few clumps of cat hair from the part-Persian cat here and there. 2 large M&S lamb chops for dinner later so I need to pick some mint to chop.

I love reading about what you all get up to, it's better than picking up a book and gives an insight to the varying ways of life as it happens.
Mick and his daily jaunts and menu's is always uplifting too.

Anyway, hope you all have a good day.

Harris27 Sun 14-Jul-19 09:09:15

Morning all. Yes Michael fisherman friend was a lovely film thoroughly enjoyed it . It's a emotional week ahead as my class is leaving nursery to go to school and I will shed a tear.love the fact I might have made a difference but can't believe how quick the year has gone!

BlueSapphire Sun 14-Jul-19 09:16:41

And a late good morning to all from a very grey Northampton. Slept really well but I wish this cold would go away. I have a nasty cough with it as well, which is making my head hurt. Have just taken a couple of paracetamol in the hopes it will make me feel a bit better.

DD's choral festival went very well yesterday; it was lovely to sit in a beautiful church and listen to such talented singers.

Nothing much planned for today; I might have a walk up to the garden centre - or I just might lie on the sofa..

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 14-Jul-19 09:19:41

Good morning from east London, raining earlier but brightening fast, although view out of the window isn’t great due to the scaffolding. Off about midday to the Walthamstow garden party for the choir’s performance in the earthly paradise tent - our big gig of the year. There’s lots happening around here this weekend, including a cricket carnival on the field opposite, never mind all the sporting stuff on TV. The men’s tennis doubles yesterday was good, although may have to rely on catch up for the finals today. Picking up a small person later from her dad, luckily there is no homework to be done as school finishes next Friday. Have a good day.

Justme67 Sun 14-Jul-19 09:38:49

Good morning to you all, and thank goodness it is the last day of tennis, I have enjoyed some of it, but not the hours we have been having on the t.v., when I have switched off, which is easy. We started off the morning with brilliant clear blue skies but the clouds have now taken over, but I think that is temporary. I have at last started to sleep well, and I am putting on weight, both of which I suspect are due to some new medicine, but at least both are in the right direction, feeling so much better . Our son is coming later on, will bring his diary with him so that I will know what he has been up to, and we will enjoy talking about that. After that lunch and the garden (to sit in) if the weather is fine. Enjoy your days.

GabriellaG54 Sun 14-Jul-19 10:44:39

A late 'Good morning' from an overcast but very warm 17° Godalming rising to 22° this arvo.
No running today so I decided to go to the gym and do some rowing (which I love)
Had a chat with staff about weights as I have a cert from MU for basic levels when I was in my mid 50s which I haven't built on.
Back home, I had 4 buttermilk pancakes with banana and blueberries topped with pomegranate seeds and thick Greek yogurt, drizzled with maple syrup. I've counted out 14 each of almonds and walnut halves to snack on plus a bottle of orange lemon and mint infused water from M&S. A bit pricey at £2.50 but what the heck...you only live once.
For the rest of the day I will remove the labels and tags from my last Primark haul, 2 striped camis @ £1.80, 1 grey embroidered t shirt £5, 2 prs leggings blk & khaki £2.30 each and 2 pretty saucers £2.50 which I will use for pillar candles. Cost £18.20 but had £10 Groupon voucher so paid £8.20 + £5 for original voucher purchase.
They had some lovely aubergine towels and facecloths but I stayed my hand.
Here's hoping everyone has a chilled day before Monday mayhem hits again and brew + cupcake instead of flowers for GNs who are not feeling too good. Take care...grin

GabriellaG54 Sun 14-Jul-19 10:56:29

Oops! Forgot I also bought a white cotton cardigan £5.

inishowen Sun 14-Jul-19 11:01:25

It's a glorious morning in Ireland. I'm having a lazy day today as husband is away working. When Lidl opens I'm going for some fresh rolls and the Sunday papers. After that I will finish the baby cardigan I'm knitting for charity. In the evening I'll watch something on Netflix.

Bellasnana Sun 14-Jul-19 11:01:34

Good morning from Malta which is still hot and sticky.

I’m late today, in fact, being an hour ahead of UK, there are only a few more minutes of morning left!

I’ve been cleaning, a thankless task since my lovely dog sheds enough hair per day with which to make another large dog.It’s a losing battle, but I have a friend coming from Chester to spend ten days here. It will be nice to have company.

I was shocked to the core to see Mick hadn’t started today’s thread! I’m often up before he posts but wouldn’t dare be the first to start his thread off shock

Well, NanKate, who do you think will take the Championship? I’m hoping RF will prevail but it won’t be easy. You will hear some choice expletives coming from this direction if he loses. Good thing I can swear in Maltese!grin

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.sunshine

crazyH Sun 14-Jul-19 11:05:33

Good day to all. I'm almost embarrassed to come on this thread because I get up so late. No, no not this late but about 9 a.m. Anyway. Have a lovely day all !!

Urmstongran Sun 14-Jul-19 11:11:15

Sensible you crazyH it must be a long day for some posters especially if they have no plans.

That said, I think some on here are early risers because of health issues.

Charleygirl5 Sun 14-Jul-19 11:33:24

nortsat welcome but maybe you should consider moving to NW London where it rained during the night and the sun is peeping through now!

My washing is out- I am going to M&S food store to stock up with jars of coffee and then buy a treat for supper tonight. I will probably still be watching tennis so it must be something easy.

I like Roger and Novak but I would like Novak to win. What will I do next week/ Tidy the house even?!

Lilyflower Sun 14-Jul-19 11:58:53

A bit cloudy and glim today but might brighten up here in South Buckinghamshire.

Made a Dorset apple cake for tea later and have a homemade lasagne ready for supper.

Going for a walk round Cliveden later as the DD isd a bit flat post (wonderful) wedding and needs cheering up. The limes, of which there are many at Cliveden, are in full bloom and smell heavenly.

Life is good. I am a lucky girl.

gillybob Sun 14-Jul-19 12:01:03

We don’t have a Primark ( or Primarni as my DD calls it ) nearby Gabriella but on the rare occasion I venture into Newcastle ( where there is a huge store) I can never see anything that would suit me . Maybe I have forgotten how to “shop” ? I love those saucers they’re really pretty .