Gransnet forums

Chat

Wimbledon men's fianals, the spectators.

(82 Posts)
phoenix Sun 14-Jul-19 15:20:16

That chap, behind and to the left of the one in the green jacket.

If he coughs and those shirt buttons can't take the strain, he'll have someone's eye out.

And is Mrs Federer wearing her nightie, or gone into Stepford Wives mode?

merlotgran Sun 14-Jul-19 15:22:20

grin Those buttons are mesmerising.

Millie22 Sun 14-Jul-19 15:30:40

Yes it definitely looks like a nightdress to me with that frilly neck.

Nannylovesshopping Sun 14-Jul-19 15:35:02

Some of the ladies are beautifully turned out, just shrieks money, not sure about duchess of Cambridge dress, lovely colour but looks like the material came from her grans curtains, William looking very dapper, but oh so dull, just my opinion of course?

phoenix Sun 14-Jul-19 15:42:55

merlot so glad it's not only me!

Nannyloves perhaps one of those strawberries & cream or tennis ball hats that 2 young ladies shown earlier were wearing might liven up his look?

Beammeupscottie Sun 14-Jul-19 15:43:40

I like the lady in the red dress with a small swiss flag on her face. Very tasteful

MawBroonsback Sun 14-Jul-19 15:43:49

I did seriously wonder about the Swiss milkmaid look. She can afford rather better - whether he wins or not!
Need to concentrate on the guy in green now.
And have you seen the silly tennis ball/strawberries and cream hats?
Time for kittylesters DGC’s school dress code!

MawBroonsback Sun 14-Jul-19 15:45:33

Anyway it makes a change from admiring those pert little bums in white shorts blushblush

jusnoneed Sun 14-Jul-19 16:11:03

Mrs Fed does wear some strange outfits, I often think it looks as if she has raided her grannies curtain stash!
Hadn't noticed the buttons, have to look for him now lol.

At least they don't have the rather outsize line judges, some of them have looked dreadful, most unflattering outfit unless you are slim.

MawBroonsback Sun 14-Jul-19 16:19:31

Djokovic’s uncle apparently Phoenix.

Grammaretto Sun 14-Jul-19 16:19:52

I thought the dress didn't do her Frau F, any favours.

phoenix Sun 14-Jul-19 16:24:44

Who, Maw the chap in the green jacket, or the one behind & left, with the straining buttons?

Pittcity Sun 14-Jul-19 16:35:34

It's one of those loo roll ladies or a lampshade......

merlotgran Sun 14-Jul-19 16:42:13

Kate looks like she's struggling to stay awake.

Pittcity Sun 14-Jul-19 16:54:21

I think Mrs F is on Gransnet as she's put a denim jacket on!

EllanVannin Sun 14-Jul-19 17:18:27

Who's the chap in the blue " operating theatre " shirt ? White cap. He pulls some awful faces.

Bellasnana Sun 14-Jul-19 17:22:39

Pittcity ???

I’m glad someone else mentioned the dress. You would think with a husband worth £99 million, she could have found something more suitable.

merlotgran Sun 14-Jul-19 17:24:12

Button man is keeping his arms folded.

Lilypops Sun 14-Jul-19 17:26:12

Wish Djokovic would stop bouncing his tennis ball before serving, it would irritate me so much I would confiscate his bloody racquet ,I like those little hats though ,

Lilypops Sun 14-Jul-19 17:31:04

I haven't seen Kate yet or William , are they there?

Pittcity Sun 14-Jul-19 17:34:03

Yes Lilypops , but the media is more interested in Tom Hiddleston and Benedict Cumberbatch.

phoenix Sun 14-Jul-19 17:34:52

I think the button thing just reinforces my theory about the ridiculous way that men's shirts are sized.

What possible relationship can there be between what a chaps neck measures and his chest size, let alone any (if they have one) waist measurement!? confused

Imagine if women's blouses/shirts were sold the same way!

Sorry, I digressed, blush back to the Wimbledon spectators (although I do want camera coverage if that button goes, and a slow motion replay)

Lilypops Sun 14-Jul-19 17:37:47

Thanks Pittcity, i will play spot the Cambridge,s

granfromafar Sun 14-Jul-19 17:58:59

When we spotted Kate and Will, DH said 'Wonder who is babysitting, First thought was that they are with the nanny, but maybe the grandparents have them. Do you think Carol Middleton or Camilla are GNettrrs?

MiniMoon Sun 14-Jul-19 18:11:39

Have you seen the silly hats? They look like green plates, one has a tennis ball on top, the other a fish of strawberries and cream. I don't like Mrs F's dress either, far too frilly.
The Duchess of Cambridge looks okay, she suits that shade of blue.