Gransnet forums

Chat

Wimbledon men's fianals, the spectators.

(83 Posts)
phoenix Sun 14-Jul-19 15:20:16

That chap, behind and to the left of the one in the green jacket.

If he coughs and those shirt buttons can't take the strain, he'll have someone's eye out.

And is Mrs Federer wearing her nightie, or gone into Stepford Wives mode?

GabriellaG54 Mon 15-Jul-19 08:00:15

The guy in royal blue top and white cap looked interesting but may not be without the cap.

GabriellaG54 Mon 15-Jul-19 08:04:50

I agree Day6 and I also noted that the woman's uniform seemed too tight, especially the trousers. Not in a sexy way, just ill-fitting.

jusnoneed Mon 15-Jul-19 08:15:45

Dark trousers would look so much smarter, pale ones show all the lumps and bumps lol. And polo shirts rather than those badly fitting stripped shirts. I would think they would be much more comfortable too. And those awful belts, it all looks so scruffy.

Well done to Novak, he was battling Federer and the crowd.

Luckygirl Mon 15-Jul-19 08:49:37

OOps! - missed the decimal point!

GabriellaG54 Mon 15-Jul-19 08:56:14

Phoenix
FYI, the UK clothing industry received wisdom that the best way to see if trousers jeans etc fit without trying them on, is to put the waistband (as it is, doubled up) around your neck and, if it meets at the front without strangling you then they will fit your waist.

GabriellaG54 Mon 15-Jul-19 08:58:28

*Phoenix* phoenix

MawBroonsback Mon 15-Jul-19 09:04:49

I have always liked the blue and cream uniforms and think blue and white would just look naff. (In the same way that “cricket whites” are in fact cream)
You only have to look at the uniform outfits worn at the likes of Roland Garros to appreciate our linesmen/women. And if they have lumps and bumps, isn’t that real life? They are people doing a job, not fashion models!