Gransnet forums

Chat

I don't intend to do ever (again)...

(103 Posts)
Wheniwasyourage Wed 17-Jul-19 10:18:52

Following on from the I have never...... thread, how about things that you either have done and never want to do again, or just don't want to do ever?

I don't intend to...

Fly anywhere ever again
Wear makeup again
Go to a bridal shop with a DD to look for a wedding dress (if they want to get married again in future, they can look for their own dresses!)

I never want to...

Have a tattoo
Watch a zombie film

Glammy57 Wed 17-Jul-19 17:17:06

I will never work again, except at home!

Blondiescot Wed 17-Jul-19 17:58:22

Oldandverygrey, curious as to why you would never visit Edinburgh again?

Elegran Wed 17-Jul-19 18:05:52

I'd like to know that too, Blondiescot. Is that because you don't want to or because you will not be able to, Oldandverygrey ? If it is because you didn't enjoy your visit, maybe you were there during the Festival, and couldn't see the city through the crowds of tourists - try visiting at some other time.

notanan2 Wed 17-Jul-19 18:11:14

I would never again:

Have a wedding (I would consider marrying again if I found myself single, but no waste of money silly wedding nonsense)

Go on waltzers or bumper cars

Scuba dive

I never intend to try:

Parachute jumping

Marathon running

Scrapbooking

notanan2 Wed 17-Jul-19 18:12:20

P.s. not everyone has to like Edinburgh grin

fairisle Wed 17-Jul-19 18:16:25

I would never again:

Get married
Let blood relatives "meddle" with my life
Live with anyone
Have my hair short

Oldandverygrey Wed 17-Jul-19 18:18:51

On the day I visited Edinburgh a chap committed suicide by jumping off a high bridge taking his dog with him, all very sad, roads closed off, police and ambulance called etc., Unfortunately that is my memory of Edinburgh, so I wont be returning at all.

Luckygirl Wed 17-Jul-19 18:48:33

So agree with the flying - last time I vowed I would never put myself through that again ever.

Also agree with the make-up thing - you take me or leave me as nature intended!

notanan2 Wed 17-Jul-19 18:51:50

I wont say I will definitely never fly again, but I will go out of my way to avoid doing so if possible.

Elegran Wed 17-Jul-19 18:55:19

That is a shame, Oldandverygrey and I can see how it could put you off. However, I can assure you it doesn't happen all the time!

notanan2 Wed 17-Jul-19 19:26:58

I'm ALMOST at "never again" with high heels. I still have some just incase (in case if what I have no idea grin , I wear smart flats to weddibgs etc)

Blondiescot Wed 17-Jul-19 20:12:36

Oh, I remember that incident - so tragic. I can understand how that would put you off returning, Oldandverygrey. I wasn't having a go or anything - I was genuinely curious, but I do understand. I'm sorry that is your memory of our wonderful city though.

BlueBelle Wed 17-Jul-19 20:18:21

Sometimes you need to go back to wipe the bad memories just an observation not suggesting you do go

SalsaQueen Wed 17-Jul-19 20:18:55

I would never again:

go on a Waltzer ride at the fairground.
visit Venice
get sunburnt
eat Calamari

Grandma70s Wed 17-Jul-19 20:52:42

Why not Venice, I wonder, SalsaQueen? The trick is to go in winter when it’s not so crowded.

I’ll never do any serious travel- further than the local shops! - again.

Have a bath (can’t manage them, has to be a shower, sadly.)

Do anything I don't like unless it’s essential.

Go to parties, except those for the under-12s.

mcem Wed 17-Jul-19 22:34:14

Doubtful about high heels? That's another no-no for me too. I've just posted on the 'new shoes' thread why I won't wear high heels again.
Caught heel on kerb, fell over, broke my hip! Still feeling the after effects!

SalsaQueen Wed 17-Jul-19 22:46:47

Grandma70s.....perhaps I should have gone at a different time of year then.

I went on a day trip there when I was staying in Porec, Croatia. The place was absolutely packed, and I found the gondola rides very disappointing.

Grammaretto Wed 17-Jul-19 22:49:52

I agree with plenty of these.
I'll never smoke again, give birth, have another period (yippee)

I'll not say never for horse riding or writing a novel.

fiorentina51 Wed 17-Jul-19 22:56:27

Never ever be driven over the Applecross Cattle Pass again.. Husband reversed back down and round a bend to let a vehicle coming in the opposite direction come through.
There was a sheer drop on my side, I had a panic attack and had to get out.
I agreed to continue and it was amazing...but I don't ever want to do it again!

pensionpat Wed 17-Jul-19 23:10:58

After trying it once many years ago, I vowed never again to have a bikini wax.

sodapop Thu 18-Jul-19 08:40:46

It's not the flying I hate but all the hassle at the airport. It's so wearing, only UK flights for me now.

Sara65 Thu 18-Jul-19 08:47:08

Sodapop

I agree, by the time you actually get to your destination, you’re frazzled and exhausted, you need a fortnight to get over it, then it’s time for the return journey

BradfordLass72 Thu 18-Jul-19 09:06:46

I would love to be able to say 'I'll never, ever watch TV again' because I loathe it and it's such a waste of time but I have a hospital appointment in August and trying to get away from those crass American talk shows and infomercials is about as possible as taking out your own kidneys.

Even though I always stand in the corridor (I will NOT sit 3 feet away from the monsters flickering in every waiting room) I can still hear the screaming hysteria....and it's not even the patients.

I have often wondered how this utterly moronic, puerile rubbish can possibly be called entertainment.

But I miss Sooty.
grin

Franbern Thu 18-Jul-19 09:20:40

Never serve on any cttee for anything ever again. My determination always to be one of the 'little people' in future.
Never flying anywhere ever again (thankful that my daughter who lived near Belfast has moved back to Eastbourne). Not even renewing my passport when it runs out next year.
If my current home move goes through successfully, NEVER ever again moving.

Grammaretto Thu 18-Jul-19 09:24:00

* I drove over that pass recently fiorentina51* The weather was abysmal so there was no view but my indignity was meeting, and passing, a Tesco delivery van coming the other way!