Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Thu 18-Jul-19 06:13:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dull grey and has been raining start here in Brackley this morning .
Busy day , laundry , and start to get ready for my weekend away.
More on that tomorrow.
Mick

Sprout Thu 18-Jul-19 06:22:13

Morning Mick and all. Up at 4.30 can't sleep tried a book etc I must have a lot on my mind. I am out for lunch today with my best friend we are known as the ladies that lunch cute or what. Going away the weekend also Mick and looking forward to that. Have a great Thursday everyone and all who are not to well get better very soon and those going through tough times my thoughts are with you all.

Urmstongran Thu 18-Jul-19 06:29:52

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s damp. It rained hard in the night. I too woke at 4:30am this morning, lying there with my mind racing. Oh well, I must have had enough sleep. Kettle is on now and I’ve just been watching the commuters getting on the 6:25am train that runs up to Liverpool.

Weekly wash and blow at the hair salon mid morning then we are going over to Oldham to visit my aunt and uncle at lunchtime, collecting my father on the way.

Hope Thursday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Beechnut Thu 18-Jul-19 06:30:58

Good Morning everyone.
Cloudy and we must have had a half hearted attempt at rain by the look of it.
Some sorting out this morning and laundry to do and then off to u3a this afternoon.

I hope you all have a lovely day and enjoy your activities ?

Beechnut Thu 18-Jul-19 06:33:40

I have been the opposite with sleeping. Funny old dreams one of which was that my mum gave me a cheese roll for my birthday ??

kittylester Thu 18-Jul-19 06:42:23

Morning all from a muggy and misty North Leicestershire.

Carer's course for me this morning and then butchers and Sainsbury's this afternoon.

Grammaretto Thu 18-Jul-19 06:48:27

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Bright, sunny with a breeze.
Must get the washing out early.
Yesterday turned out busy with a new radiator fitted, windows cleaned, clutter disposed of well some
Holiday booked.
I'm taking my cousin to the airport later. It's sad when visitors leave. I hope she's had a nice time.

Nannytopsy Thu 18-Jul-19 06:49:49

Good morning everyone from Leicester where it is overcast. I think we may have had a hint of rain last night. The house is full of cardboard boxes - DH has the packing bit firmly between his teeth now! grin
I hope everyone has a good day.

Marydoll Thu 18-Jul-19 06:51:15

Good morning Mick and all from a dreary Glasgow.
I'm curious to know where you are going, Mick.

Firstly, thanks to all for your kind words yesterday, It gave me a great deal of comfort..
The day went exceptionally well and I was so proud of my children and wee granddaughter, who all had roles in the beautiful service.
BIL was buried at the top of a hill in the most beautiul spot, overlooking our wee town, close to the next town, where he was born and all across the fields to Glasgow. The view was stunning!

Back to normality today, we have our granddaughter, who was in her element yesterday, she charmed everyone she met and no doubt will be suffering withdrawal symptoms from all that attention, she received! She will just have to put up with boring old gran and papa.
I fear we may have to don wellies and go for an adventure in the rain! Otherwise, some baking may be required, as my children cleaned out the cake tins! grin

I hope everyone has a pleasant day and those who are suffering or have worries, I will be thinking of you. flowers

Pantglas1 Thu 18-Jul-19 06:51:28

Bit cloudy in Spain at the moment but will clear later so we’re off to the beach with lots of cold drinks and a good book! Hope you all have a lovely day folks.

Persistentdonor Thu 18-Jul-19 06:51:51

Good morning All. It has been raining most of the night down here in South Devon.
I know, because I have been awake since 02:00.
I think it might be the statins and other meds I was put on after having a heart attack last week. sad
It has all been rather a shock as I thought I was really quite fit and well.
I am hugely grateful for the NHS and their care of me though.

Pantglas1 Thu 18-Jul-19 06:55:02

flowers Persistentdonor. Get well soon.

Marydoll Thu 18-Jul-19 07:00:52

Persistentdonor, I hope you are on the mend. I know how you feel! I was admitted to CC unit about three months ago and I too felt a bit odd, (the only way I can describe it) after starting statins. I also experienced night terrors, after it, (I had one last night sad ). You will have had a very nasty fright and it in my case I began to fear that I would have another episode.
I'm glad to say that I'm not so anxious and sleeping much better. It just takes time. Why don't you start a thread about this, I'm sure you will get many responses. Take care. flowers

Urmstongran Thu 18-Jul-19 07:01:04

Hello PD are you a newbie here? I don’t think I’ve seen you post before. My goodness no wonder a heart attack shocked you if you were previously fit and well. I hope your good progress will reassure you.

Mick’s GM thread is such a nice way to start the day. It’s a lovely inclusive thread and a joy to read because it’s kind and often witty.

Persistentdonor Thu 18-Jul-19 07:09:57

Thanks for kind messages, nice to know the meds might settle and I will start sleeping again perhaps.

No, not a newbie. Been a member for years, and started a meet up group in Torbay, but I don't post very often.

Glad to know you are somewhat better Marydoll, though night terrors sounds awful. shock Hope it doesn't happen to you very often. flowers

NanKate Thu 18-Jul-19 07:15:44

Morning Mick and All.

Light rain here in South Bucks.

Preparing to go for our week in the beautiful New Forest tomorrow. I could easily live there but we don’t want to move now.

So pleased your day went so well Mary I often find funerals can bring an opportunity for family and friends to get together and have a pleasant time especially with your wee DGD there to keep them all amused.

Looking forward to hearing where you are off to Mick.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 18-Jul-19 07:23:43

Morning all from an overcast South Notts. Some welcome rain last night after the heat. Who knows what it's going to do next?
I expect a quiet day with the ironing board and the vacuum cleaner. Then it'll be feet up with a bit more of a grapple with the new mobile. After the old faithful's journey through the washing machine it was done for. I wish the one one wasn't so complicated - I fear I have made an expensive mistake and may yet take it back to the shop to swap it for something simpler.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 18-Jul-19 07:26:19

I meant to add my usual 'hope all is well with everyone.'

Lins1066 Thu 18-Jul-19 07:27:41

Good Morning from a cloudy, cooler S Welsh coast.

Following the physio appointment yesterday, I have to use a walking stick now instead of crutches, so some progress.
She also arranged more hydrotherapy for me, for which I am very grateful.

Take care of yourself Persistentdonor
Have a good day all.

NannyJan53 Thu 18-Jul-19 07:29:47

Good Morning from a rainy Black Country!

We were planning to go camping from Friday afternoon to Upton Blues Festival. I am a fair weather camper and don't fancy putting a tent up in the rain. So going Saturday morning and staying overnight in a Travelodge in Tewkesbury. I was surprised they had any rooms left.

Visited Mum's sister with Mum yesterday in Hospital, as she has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer. She was quite bright though, and waiting to see what treatment they are going to do.

Today I am off to Lichfield to wait in for a bed to be delivered to my DS's flat. Then hopefully get back here to attend my DGD's leavers assembly, as she starts Secondary School in September.

Pleased the day went well for you Marydoll (as well as these things can anyway)

Hope you are feeling much better PD it must have been such as shock for you! Especially as you felt so fit and well. Hopefully this will subside, and you will be able to carry on as normal flowers

Nankate I used to camp quite often in the New Forest, it is a lovely area. Hope you have a great time there

Enjoy your day everyone.

Bellasnana Thu 18-Jul-19 07:37:20

Good morning everyone. We have blue sky and it is hot here in Malta today.

It would have been our 38th wedding anniversary today, but it is the fifth I am spending without my lovely husband, alas.
Still miss him so much, but am very thankful for the happy years we enjoyed, and for the wonderful family he gave me.

Marydoll, I am glad everything went so well yesterday, although it would have been a sad day for you all.

I think we might have a day by the pool today. I’m feeling very lethargic and not really up to playing tourist guide to my friend who is staying with me. Don’t know if it’s the heat or what, but I’m constantly so tired.

Hope you all have a good day, especially those of you with health issues and worries. sunshine

Brunette10 Thu 18-Jul-19 07:43:25

Good Morning from Fife, it's rained a lot through the night I know as I was wakened for ages. I have suddenly in my old age developed Hay Fever I reckon. Sneezed and sneezed. Eyes running and bit swollen. How does that happen after all these years. Anyway Marydoll so glad to hear yesterday went as well as it could under the circumstances and yes be very proud of your family. Off to visit a very dear relative today so have a fair journey ahead. Hope everyone has a good day.

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 18-Jul-19 07:43:41

Good morning from east London, dull but I don’t think we’ve seen too much rain yet. I’m another one who didn’t sleep too well, up with leg cramp about 3; I blamed it on being greedy after having both ‘afters’ at the tennis match supper last night. Library this morning, drink early eve with the foodbank people to mark its closure, last choir practice of the summer term and maybe a drink after that so the singing may go on a bit longer. (Mizzle has now started but don’t think it will wet much). Have a good day.

harrigran Thu 18-Jul-19 07:55:48

Good morning from a bright NE.
DIL's birthday today but she has to work so DH and I are going to take teenage GD out for lunch and then see her Mum after work.
DH has an infected big toe and had to go to a walk in centre last night, hope he is up to being on his feet all day.

MawBroonsback Thu 18-Jul-19 08:01:13

Good morning all from N Bucks where we clearly have had rain in the night.
flowers to MaryDoll,Persistentdonor, Bellasnana with my love and thoughts.
(Anniversaries in my mind at the moment, as ours would be next Thursday, 49 years, but Paw knew he would not “make old bones”)