Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(42 Posts)
12Michael Thu 18-Jul-19 06:13:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dull grey and has been raining start here in Brackley this morning .
Busy day , laundry , and start to get ready for my weekend away.
More on that tomorrow.
Mick

Auntieflo Thu 18-Jul-19 08:03:22

Morning Michael, Annie to come, and all others. Looking forward to hearing where Michael goes.
DH went off for his radiotherapy treatment, 20 mins or so ago. The lady volunteer driver was almost 15 mins late, and he was getting agitated.
It has rained in the night, and hooray one of the water butts has been replenished. Yesterday evening, I felt about 6 drops of rain, and thought that was that.
Marydoll, glad yesterday went well for you, and hope that the little one doesn’t tire you out today.
Bellasnana and Persistentdonor flowers.
Have a good day one and all.

BlueSapphire Thu 18-Jul-19 08:04:56

Good morning all from an overcast Northampton. Slept well last night for a change, must have been the effects of the lovely wine we had at wine club yesterday!

Sainsbury's delivery this morning, then I may go to ballet after lunch - just got some new ballet shoes so am keen to try them out.

Those of you feeling poorly take care of yourselves and take it easy. Hope we all have a good day.

Greyduster Thu 18-Jul-19 08:23:10

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is trying to break through in South Yorkshire; it has been raining heavily in the night. We went for a walk yesterday and everything is very dry, but the dry weather is helping our local farmers. My leg hurts today so I suspect that it is not as “getting better” as I thought it was, but we have a quiet day today. To all who are poorly or sad today ??.

GabriellaG54 Thu 18-Jul-19 08:29:01

Good morning to all...? from an overcast ? drizzly ☔ but warm?Godalming, 17° rising to 22° later.
Got wet through on run but it's only water and I don't now need a shower ? (kidding)
Not much on today but I need? bread however, I can make some in the machine so it's not as if I must go out.
Washing was done last night and had almost air dried in utility room overnight. I think rain is a little heavier now so it'll be a day for reading and possibly starting my one jigsaw.
Wishing everyone a good or better day and brewcupcake for those of you feeling under the weather.
I'm glad yesterday was a loving occasion Marydoll. Trust your 'wee one' to keep people smiling. She's the tonic you need. smile

vena11 Thu 18-Jul-19 08:37:47

Dull this morning in Bristol, such a hot night hardly slept a wink so not feeling to bright this morning.

Anniebach Thu 18-Jul-19 08:55:25

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

gillybob Thu 18-Jul-19 09:07:35

A very late good morning from somewhere on the M62 !

Well I can’t quite believe it but I got my wish and we are heading to the RHS Tatton Park Flower show . It has been raining very heavy on our journey ( left home before 7) but starting to clear now . Weather forecast says best day to visit . I’m sooooo excited. What do they say about simple things and simple minds? grin

I do hope everything went well yesterday Marydoll ( daren’t try to look back and read as the signal keeps dropping out and this is my 4th attempt to post ) I will try to catch up later .

Have a good Thursday everyone (I feel like I’m playing the nick) xx

EllanVannin Thu 18-Jul-19 09:11:58

Good morning All x
Cloudy, breezy and with the odd glimmer of sun. We had rain through the night and one of the cats who'd decided to go out via the open bedroom window entered the same way later and woke me up jumping on my chest-----he was saturated ! Don't know what time that was but I had to get up and find an old towel to dry him.

Back to bed and I lay there thinking of all kinds of things so consequently overslept until 10 past eight so not the best of nights. Never mind there's no work.
I did note that a few of you didn't have such good nights also.

Glad things went well for Marydoll.
Also hope that Persistentdonor settles after her sleeplessness ( a side-effect of statins ) but stick with it as you'll soon feel the benefits of them as life-savers.

A couple of phone-calls to make today and possibly more sorting for a charity bag being collected tomorrow.
Hope everyone has a " half-decent " day.

Mapleleaf Thu 18-Jul-19 09:25:58

Good morning all,
The sun is out now, but we had rain last night and through the night which is welcome to all the gardeners out there.
Take it easy persistentdonor. I hope it doesn’t take long for the meds to settle.
? Bellasnana - you too have a lazy day, it’s an emotional one for you, so take the day as it comes.
Going on a trip out to a local country house today. There will be a guided tour so I’m looking forward to finding out something new.
Hope today is kind to everyone and those feeling not so well, I hope you soon feel brighter.

Legs55 Thu 18-Jul-19 10:46:12

Good morning all from Devon, overcast but sun is trying to get through. Going to Castle Drogo (NT) with my friend as it's my Birthday, I like to do something rather than stay at home. Family will be over at the weekend.

Thoughts with you all who have health problems & those with day of sad memories, I miss DH on special dayssad but after 6+ years I need to live my life, lots of fun things & laughtersmile

MawBroonsback Thu 18-Jul-19 10:50:25

flowers on your birthday - these special days can trip one up but you sound very positive. Enjoy Castle Diogo - and maybe a cheeky little slice of NT cake?

gillybob Thu 18-Jul-19 10:51:15

Happy birthday Legs55 I hope you have a lovely day flowers

Auntieflo Thu 18-Jul-19 11:02:27

Morning, again. I had to go into town to return some Aveeno that I bought on Tuesday for DH. I thought I had picked up moisturiser, but when I looked, it was body wash. So now he has E45, as I did. Took some small jars in for the children's holiday club, collected my prescriptions. Now home again, have hung out the washing (that did itself whilst I was out) smile. Now am drinking a coffee c/ o DH, and it’s only 11.00 am. What shall I do now?
Gillybob. have a lovely day out, you deserve it.

gillybob Thu 18-Jul-19 11:04:30

Why thank you Auntiflo we’ve been in a traffic jam for over an hour now . Wonder if we will ever get there ? So close and yet so far ....... hmm

gillybob Thu 18-Jul-19 11:05:16

I’m examining the £millions mansions as we pass . Must be footballers houses round these parts !

Justme67 Thu 18-Jul-19 11:15:03

Good late morning again, like one or two others here, I had a really bad nights' sleep - was it something to do with the weather I wonder, it is very close and sticky here, even though there is a breeze and it is also very damp - if you listen you can hear the weeds growing! I was supposed to go with my friend and do the usual for the coffee/tea at bowls roll up, but I did not wake up until 8.am, having been awake until 4.30am, then falling into a deep sleep which was difficult to really wake up from, but here I am, 11 o'clock and finally up and running? hopefully going to a Parish Lunch, something I have not done before, but welcome since I do not feel like getting myself anything to eat. Hey ho! Hope you have a lovely birthday Legs55 and for everyone else, take care and stay safe.