Gransnet forums

Chat

Fluffy thread.

(150 Posts)
Lessismore Wed 24-Jul-19 12:26:53

Dame Judy certainly knows how to dress. See todays DM.

Lessismore Sat 27-Jul-19 22:07:29

It's not hard, and I am no techno babe.

Barmeyoldbat Sat 27-Jul-19 22:13:23

Trouble is Gab you say you speak your mind, fine, but you have a habit, time after time, of adding in a sentence that is offensive. You just can't help yourself. People don't have to be old or overweight to wear loose clothing.

Lessismore Sat 27-Jul-19 22:17:48

Speak your mind......is no excuse at all....we can be any size we like and wear a scarf. For God's Sake, enough of this bitching.

Callistemon Sat 27-Jul-19 22:17:57

Less you're more techno-savvy than me then!! (Not difficult)

Callistemon Sat 27-Jul-19 22:19:34

I wear a scarf, just not over my shoulder!
How does it stay there?

I'm just not very good with scarves.

lemongrove Sat 27-Jul-19 22:49:38

Less ......do stop it.

Callistemon same here, I like scarves but if you’re not tall,
Then the over the shoulder thing just looks wrong.
I wouldn't mind a whole new look, but not Judy Dench clothes.?

lemongrove Sat 27-Jul-19 22:52:12

There is an actress who always looks great, but can’t remember her name?

pinkquartz Sat 27-Jul-19 23:36:20

I think Judy Dench looks lovely. I am a fan of her scting and the way she looks..
Do people on here stop to think that you are judging on photographs that are composed ?........also the red carpet pics......all styled
She probably doesn't drape a scarf over her shoulder when shopping for food or other mundane stuff.
I imagine the shoot stylist arranging the scarf to add some colour or texture to the photo.
Claire Raynor didn't particularly wear scarves.....she liked kaftans and ponchos.

We should dress as we want to without nasty remarks from women who are old enough to know that they are being unkind.....I am thinking of you GG !

Sara65 Sun 28-Jul-19 08:00:08

Pinkquartz

I was thinking the same, I don’t personally like that scarf over one shoulder look, as someone already say, why doesn’t it fall off?

But we don’t see pictures of Dame Judy hanging out the washing, or mowing the lawn, everything we see is staged, she does look lovely though

Re Gabriella, why is it so hard to just ignore her if you don’t like what she says, it’s not personal?

GabriellaG54 Sun 28-Jul-19 08:23:23

Lessismimore
You're walking on shaky ground when you make unfounded allegations against me.
I'd stop if I were you...unless you can explain, on here, on my multiple identities etc. With proof. It's dangerous to make libellous statements.

GabriellaG54 Sun 28-Jul-19 08:44:33

Mawbroonsback
I did mention 'the 'late Claire Rayner in one of those posts so there was no need to remind me of something I was well aware of, had you read my posts.

It's as well to read the initial post before making a comment, instead of making incorrect assumptions on just 1/3.

You're very quick to write snipey replies about my comments and remarks which subliminally encourage your 'followers' to echo your thoughts, yet you never ever comment about the vast majority of my posts which are positive and that's a fact.
I wonder why you do that.

As for 'superiority', that's funny and you'd know why if you had read all the posts.
How could anyone think that a comment on clothes comes from a writer's feeling of superiority?
Does that apply to everyone who writes disparagingly about the looks of or clothes worn by Princess Eugenie, the Duchess of Sussex, Fergie or anyone else deemed to be newsworthy?
I fail to see any correlation.

MawBroonsback Sun 28-Jul-19 08:58:49

Good morning to you too GabriellaG smile
May I respectfully refer you to the “Moaning Negativity” thread?
Wishing you a pleasant day. ?

GabriellaG54 Sun 28-Jul-19 09:18:50

Barmyoldbat
I agree, but we each are allowed to write in our own style, as long as it's not racist, defamatory, overtly rude, inciting unrest/violence or bad feeling towards another poster.

My comment breached no guidelines.

Few, if any, slim people, wear the type of clothes worn by the ladies I mentioned.

lemongrove Sun 28-Jul-19 09:24:40

My son bought me a cashmere pashmina a few years ago for my birthday, it’s lovely, very silky soft, I have added it to the drawer containing other pashminas in all kinds of materials including silk.I will never wear them, although there is one that I sometimes use for a bit of warmth if we sit in the garden for a drink in the evening.
They are just not ‘me’ .....too large.

Sara65 Sun 28-Jul-19 09:25:35

Okay, so that’s fair comment Gabriella, now play nicely

lemongrove Sun 28-Jul-19 09:26:55

I have thought of the actress ( who always looks good IMHO) it’s Helen Mirren.

Of course, all actresses dress up for the public.

Sara65 Sun 28-Jul-19 09:28:04

Lemongrove

Agree, she’s gorgeous, and she always dresses beautifully

Callistemon Sun 28-Jul-19 09:29:12

Sara65 true, I've not seen Judi hanging out the washing but we did see her, hot and sticky and dressed appropriately in the jungle recently in her programme about the orangutans.

However, she didn't look as hot and sticky as me when I've been in the jungle, or even hanging out the washing for that matter!

Sara65 Sun 28-Jul-19 09:34:00

Callistemon

Perhaps she had people rushing around out of shot, fanning her and spraying her with a mist of iced water!

MawBroonsback Sun 28-Jul-19 09:36:15

Few, if any, slim people, wear the type of clothes worn by the ladies I mentioned says GabriellaG

Callistemon Sun 28-Jul-19 09:38:17

And someone to tweak her hair!

That's what I'm missing - a personal stylist, a hairdresser and someone to keep fanning me whenever I venture out!

Sara65 Sun 28-Jul-19 09:40:03

Callistemon

Aren’t we all!

Callistemon Sun 28-Jul-19 09:40:09

I wonder where Joanna shops?
But she never looks hot and sweaty bothered either!

GabriellaG54 Sun 28-Jul-19 09:40:29

Helen Mirren...yes smile
I like her dress sense as it often has a quirky edge.
Penelope Keith is another. I've seen her 'off duty' as it were, as we both have links to the PWRR (Tigers) and met on several occasions.

MawBroonsback Sun 28-Jul-19 09:57:37

Name-dropping, for the use of (or a grander version for those who need it) tcrwinktcrwink