Chat

I wish

(61 Posts)
Anniebach Wed 24-Jul-19 14:31:32

I wish I had a Phillip in my life . Lucky Theresa

Anniebach Wed 24-Jul-19 21:20:58

Her Phillip loves her , she loves him.

Grammaretto Wed 24-Jul-19 21:53:04

I wouldn't swap with her though for all the Philips in the world.

Anniebach Wed 24-Jul-19 22:17:59

It’s over for her, now she needs a holiday with Phillip , it will I think take time but she can move on , PM’s do move on

Teetime Thu 25-Jul-19 06:27:36

I have a Philip thank heavens.

Iam64 Thu 25-Jul-19 07:28:22

Thanks Annie, it's good to acknowledge how important a strong life long relationship is. Theresa and Philip May do seem to have been lucky to find each other. You can bet both of them have made sure they nurture their relationship, as well as each other.

sodapop Thu 25-Jul-19 07:36:16

I agree, nothing to do with money but having such a supportive and loving husband. Both Philip and Theresa conducted themselves with great dignity throughout. Whilst I may not have agreed with everything Theresa May did the fact remains that she tried to do her best against all the odds and that is all any of us can do.

downtoearth Thu 25-Jul-19 08:00:23

I thought I had a 'phillip' till he cheated on me,it wasnt all one way as I was a 'phillipa' how I miss someone to be my 'phillip',a pair of arms and We rather than I.
I am coping and making a new life for myself,but my heart still cries for 'phillip' and a hug

dragonfly46 Thu 25-Jul-19 08:05:00

I wonder if they are closer because they don’t have children?

Lessismore Thu 25-Jul-19 08:08:53

www.rt.com/uk/429637-may-husband-capital-cannabis/

Anniebach Thu 25-Jul-19 08:25:36

yes, he stood with her when she made her last speech outside No 10, he was in the house for her last PMQ . This is what caused me to say ‘I wish’. He was there for her and for such a relationship it has to be a two way thing.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 25-Jul-19 08:32:07

Well yes, I can truthfully say as a widow that I miss my 'Philip' everyday and I wish I had a magic wand to bring him back with prefect health. We can all dream, can't we?

GabriellaG54 Thu 25-Jul-19 09:00:13

MissAdventure
I couldn't possibly think of anyone worse than the ideal you describe @ 18.09 yesterday.

Lessismore Thu 25-Jul-19 09:04:00

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKkXLB09h3w

Anniebach Thu 25-Jul-19 09:08:22

?

GabriellaG54 Thu 25-Jul-19 09:09:09

Putting out rubbish and recycling isn't exclusive to males in 2019. If you want equal rights and equal pay then do equal jobs...including you putting out rubbish and him hanging out washing.
It's not an arduous job putting a bin out once a week esp if you live alone. Just how much rubbish does one person generate?
My local council arrange for the refuse collectors to collect your bin and put it back if you are unable to do so yourself. I'm sure that is replicated across the UK.

Anniebach Thu 25-Jul-19 09:19:28

Watching your children grow up together. Being able to say
‘Where shall we go for holidays this year’. Having arms hold
you close. Longing to hear ‘I love you’.

having a grandson only three years younger than the person you loved was when he died.

Having to say ‘my daughters’, not ‘our daughters ‘

Nothing to do with equal rights .

Mapleleaf Thu 25-Jul-19 09:53:31

I don’t think a discussion about equality and whether or not there are “his” and “her” jobs were what was intended in this thread Gabriella, it’s more about being lucky to have or to have had a loving, caring, supportive partner. Not everyone is so lucky, sadly, but those of us who are count our blessings.
I agree with Annie, I think Teresa May is very fortunate to have a loving and supportive partner by her side. She’s certainly needed him this last few months!

dragonfly46 Thu 25-Jul-19 09:54:54

Spot on Annie it is not about putting the bins out either (my DH never has put the bins out) but it is somewhere there to turn to and get support from. Also someone to do nothing with.

Luckygirl Thu 25-Jul-19 10:02:24

I too miss this - all of this. But my OH is still alive. There is normal relationship left - I am the bin-putter-out, the financial organiser, the "mother" to a new "child".

I am not looking for sympathy - I have got used to all this and it is simply a new way of life. OH's "love" for me is really just total dependency and fear that I might not be here for him.

People say "It is good that you have still got him" - but I haven't really. I just preside over his poor quality of life.

Just saying that there is more than one way to lose your life's partner.

Luckygirl Thu 25-Jul-19 10:02:44

"NO normal relationship"

harrigran Thu 25-Jul-19 10:10:22

I have a man that knocks spots off any in the public eye, he has been looking after me for 56 years.

Sara65 Thu 25-Jul-19 10:21:58

I think the Mays seem a lovely and devoted couple.

I do have my Philip of 40+ years, and we have been friends since my mid teens, we’ve had our ups and downs, but I absolutely always know he’ll be on my side, even if he thinks I’m wrong!
He’s always been 100% supportive, and a brilliant dad and grandfather
I don’t want him to sound perfect, because he isn’t, but I’d surely miss him

Luckygirl Thu 25-Jul-19 10:28:21

Ah - but he does. Theresa has already told us that!

Anniebach Thu 25-Jul-19 10:34:32

Theresa has told us what Luckygirl ?

MissAdventure Thu 25-Jul-19 10:37:37

Its not really about having someone to do chores, though it would be nice to be able to share them; its about knowing someone is there for you, and you for them.

People live alone perfectly well for years.
There is nothing I need or really want a man for, but it'd be nice, sometimes, to have a cuddle, to hold someone's hand, or to share a joke.