(61 Posts)
Anniebach Wed 24-Jul-19 14:31:32

I wish I had a Phillip in my life . Lucky Theresa

Luckygirl Thu 25-Jul-19 10:55:42

....that Phillip puts out the rubbish!.......annie

Luckygirl Thu 25-Jul-19 10:56:36

"“I do the cooking, because I enjoy cooking, and Philip puts the bins out."

Lessismore Thu 25-Jul-19 11:46:30

I'm not entirely sure Phillip is all that.

MissAdventure Thu 25-Jul-19 11:48:28

Most peoples' husbands are only 'all that' to them.
I usually praise the lord they're not mine! grin

BlueSapphire Thu 25-Jul-19 12:32:39

I want my 'Philip' back very much, just miss him so much.

Sara65 Thu 25-Jul-19 12:37:03

Luckygirl

Oh yes, I remember that now, good old Phillip

Day6 Thu 25-Jul-19 12:46:35

Yes Annie, you are right.

I imagine Theresa May has gone home quite exhausted and often stressed out most nights, for the last three years. She has behaved with dignity throughout even when all the knives were out.

I admire her as a woman, and yes,it would have been very much harder for her without her loyal and supportive husband. (I never had one of those as a married woman.) I loved the way he was so protective of her, almost urging her on at a difficult time when she said goodbye on the Downing Street podium. I expect he is relieved that she doesn't have to take the strain any more.

Grammaretto Thu 25-Jul-19 12:55:17

Well that's a relief Gabriella it would be awful to fight over the same Philip.
I think it was Iris Murdoch who said "Anyone can love anyone and anyone can prefer anyone to anyone else" or words to that effect.
My Philip would have to be reminded putting out the rubbish. That's usually my job along with grass cutting.

My DM was a widow for 54 years and she never stopped missing her Philip. Anniebach flowers

Anniebach Thu 25-Jul-19 13:48:31

Day6 I have always admired her dignity. To ridiculed her because she had a croaky voice when making a speech, a male member of the SNP was brutal. Knives from all directions must have been horrendous. But She had Phillip
there at the end of the day . I’m glad she did.

Anniebach Thu 25-Jul-19 13:49:36

I can understand that Grammaretto