Gransnet forums

Chat

How many of you own...

(38 Posts)
GabriellaG54 Sun 28-Jul-19 16:27:29

...a neck pillow?
There have been many occasions when travelling on long journeys as a passenger in cars or on trains, coaches, ferries and aircraft, that I have promised myself that I'd buy one.
Never having done so until last week, I had the manager of one store scanning all the aisles for the colour I preferred and he triumphed, bringing me the last one.

Not peach, royal blue, grey, patterned or polka dotted but a pretty pink.
Bliss, and it weighs so little, has a removable, washable, cotton velvet zipped cover and memory foam.

Have you bought or used one and did it meet your needs or has it been discarded as NFFP?

Here's mine.

EllanVannin Sun 28-Jul-19 20:35:10

First glance I thought it was a rubber ring that you sit on if you have a sore botty.

Purpledaffodil Sun 28-Jul-19 20:39:56

I bought a memory foam one with excellent reviews. However I find it gets really warm on long haul flights and I think I may have wasted my money?

GabriellaG54 Sun 28-Jul-19 21:32:17

They are brown not bright pink EllanVannin ?

GabriellaG54 Sun 28-Jul-19 21:34:51

Purpledaffodil
If you spent a fiver then it's no big loss. The price of a beer.

Esther1 Sun 28-Jul-19 21:52:50

I do a lot of flights and have bought different types over the years and found I just keep fiddling and fidgeting with them - I am better without having what feels like just another item to have to think about when travelling.

watermeadow Mon 29-Jul-19 19:59:12

I’ve got one, acquired when a bad stiff neck stopped me from sleeping. It was great and soon cured me.

boho43 Mon 29-Jul-19 20:05:20

I too have the Trtl Pillow. It’s brilliant, so cosy too .

etheltbags1 Mon 29-Jul-19 20:10:23

I got one for xmas one year. Full of little beads. Its lovely but the other day my cat pinched it so i havent the heart to take it out of his bed bless.

shysal Mon 29-Jul-19 22:08:31

I had one of the bead-filled ones to use at home when I had polymyalgia. It was very comfortable.

lemongrove Mon 29-Jul-19 22:16:27

Yes, it’s very useful and like yours is a bright pink!?

Chewbacca Mon 29-Jul-19 22:23:51

I have one of the little bead filled ones on the back of my armchair. I always use it. Bargain at £3.99 from Aldi.

Willow500 Tue 30-Jul-19 13:21:21

I bought one in the US one year which I used for the flight home then bought us both the J shaped ones for long haul to NZ a couple of years ago. Husband won't sleep on a flight so never used his and we found them such a nuisance to carry through airports I doubt they'll ever come out of the cupboard again.