Gransnet forums

Chat

Moaning thread

(544 Posts)
Lessismore Wed 31-Jul-19 22:22:15

The weather is awful, it's not even August and the nights are drawing in. My husband has an irritating cough and the cat has disappeared.

BradfordLass72 Sat 31-Aug-19 12:54:13

It's been a beautiful day for a change (still in rainy season) so I got some laundry out including 8, white hand towels all in a pristine line. smile

There's native bush adjacent to my house and just at the moment the Karamu with its bright red berries is not only a delight to look at but delicious to native birds.

So why did the little beggars have to pooh bright red all down my white towels?

Namsnanny Sat 31-Aug-19 14:13:55

Bradfordlass...yes you’re right, and I did enjoy my sojourn zzzzz!!smile
Pushed bedtime bad too far though. Why is it that elicit snoozes in the day are deeply satisfying, but nighttime sleeps are less so?
Tell us that joke, go on...lessismore won’t mind, it’s really a moaning/humorous thread...maybe a moamorous or a humoaning thread??!!?

merlotgran Sat 31-Aug-19 15:00:23

Grrrr! That flippin' woman who owns our village shop has got up my nose again.

I was the only customer in the shop. I went to get some cash from the post office bit and she walked straight past me, no eye contact, no greeting and out through the door leaving me standing there.

I called out to the woman in the back if there was anyone serving?

No reply.

Her ladyship finally wandered back in having been nattering to a delivery man, walked behind the PO counter and just said, 'Yeah?'

Is it any wonder I rarely go in there? angry

Her husband, on the other hand, is an absolute sweetie.

BradfordLass72 Sun 01-Sep-19 02:04:03

Namsnanny Why is it that elicit snoozes in the day are deeply satisfying, but nighttime sleeps are less so?

Simply because you DO have a zizzzz during the day. Battle on, go to bed as late as poss and you'll sleep like the proverbial...

'humoaning' is a great word. smile
I'll send you the joke by PM. It's not risque but what my Dad used to call 'a shaggy dog story' = a bit long and would probably bore people.

merlotgran How rude! Make sure you fart next time you're in the shop - or maybe that's why she walks out when you enter?

Mealybug Sun 01-Sep-19 02:53:12

I lost my little 12 year old dog three weeks ago through a ruptured gall bladder. Some know it all on here said she pitied my grandson having me as his Nanna etc over something she got the wrong end of the stick with and got on her high horse. Hubby has dementia and I'm his full time carer but apart from all that life is still s*

DanniRae Sun 01-Sep-19 07:21:39

Oh dear Mealybug how sad to hear about your little dog. There are some awful people on here, aren't there? I just feel sorry for them - they must have such miserable lives.

So take no notice of the nasty ones because most of us are nice smile
Take care,
Best Wishes, Danni x

Marydoll Sun 01-Sep-19 07:50:07

Mealybug, Danni is correct, there are more nice people on here than nasty ones.
I'm sorry you are so upset, people can be quite cruel, but we aren't all like that. flowers

MissAdventure Sun 01-Sep-19 20:36:49

Someone told me they're going away for a few days next week.
When I said how lovely it sounded, she said she'd see if there were any more places available.

What do people think I do with my boy?
Shove him in a cupboard so I can swan off?

It really gets on my wick!

blondenana Sun 01-Sep-19 21:53:45

My hair is falling out, my dog has died suddenly [which is the worst of my moans]and my cat has a bad stomach, and my bedroom TV remote has dissappeard into thin air, searched in every nook and cranny, and even in the bed and pillowcases

MissAdventure Sun 01-Sep-19 22:29:57

Oh I'm sorry about your dog (and your cat, your hair and your remote, too, obviously)

Anniebach Sun 01-Sep-19 22:34:53

Gardeners don’t like me, another hasn’t turned up today it’s
not because of my garden they haven’t seen it, must be me

MissAdventure Sun 01-Sep-19 22:38:30

A lot of trades people seem to not turn up, Annie.

It's infuriating!

It happens to me all the time; I think it's because I haven't got thousands to spend.

Anniebach Sun 01-Sep-19 22:44:21

Think this was was number 5 MissAdventure , I even said I would buy a weed burner because he didn’t have one and I won’t have weed killer in my garden

MissAdventure Sun 01-Sep-19 22:48:21

It's so disappointing, isn't it?

You make plans in your mind about what you'd like done, and start to wonder about other little bits and bobs to ask them about.. then... nothing!

BradfordLass72 Sun 01-Sep-19 23:54:03

Mealybug and Blondenana - how awful, I'm so sorry you're both going through bad times.
They WILL pass.
They always do. flowers flowers flowers flowers

janipat Mon 02-Sep-19 00:02:54

blondenana I can really sympathise with the hair situation, mine never came back properly after chemo ( they don't tell you that can happen!) Male pattern baldness makes for some inventive hairstyles trying to conceal bald patches
as I refuse to wear a wig anymore. God only knows how I'll cope at son's wedding next year!!

BradfordLass72 Mon 02-Sep-19 02:51:01

I know it's not the same janipat but when I was bald, I'd previously made myself some little embroidered pill-box shaped hats.

Many people have asked me since where I bought them or even if I could make one for them but I doubt my eyes could manage it now.

I like the unusual so if you do too, Google 'ethnic pillbox hats' - there are some very pretty ones out there.

janipat Mon 02-Sep-19 08:59:11

BradfordLass72 thanks for that suggestion, I'll google smile

MissAdventure Mon 02-Sep-19 09:46:11

Well, I unexpectedly had a day off today. smile

Now I'm unexpectedly working sad

grannysyb Mon 02-Sep-19 10:58:56

Cystitis kept me up half the night! Got a drs appointment and now on antibiotics, which is good as we go away next week .

BradfordLass72 Mon 02-Sep-19 21:51:56

grannysyb
When you've finished your antibiotics, please start taking acidophilus bifidus capsules to renew all the good bacteria they will have killed, otherwise your next problem could be intestinal.

A-B is now known to be wonderful for IBS sufferers as well.

As an ex-cystitis sufferer I can also recommend good quality, plain A-B yoghurt, straight from the fridge, as an application to the genital area. It's very soothing.
Just smear a little onto a tissue and pop it against the burning place and leave it.

And drink plenty of water. Dehydration is a big factor in contracting UTIs and their reoccurance.

Wherever possible go without knickers and avoid nylon ones if you can.

Then have some Cranberry capsules or juice handy to take at the very first sign of any further UTI.

SparklyGrandma Mon 02-Sep-19 23:21:17

Plenty of water is good. I am drinking a lot of iced water to try and prevent infection, plus to feel full up and loose weight...

Ah, moaning thread...summer is on the way out here, jumpers on, no more airy sandals, heating on until April ?

MissAdventure Mon 02-Sep-19 23:29:09

The heartburn express has rolled into town here.

I'm awash with acid.

Probably because I haven't taken my prescribed pills for 6 years awhile.

BradfordLass72 Tue 03-Sep-19 23:06:19

MissAdventure

I posted recently about Slippery Elm capsules and although some had their doubts, it's never failed me on the occasions I've had heartburn.

Prescribed drugs have a history of doing me in, sometimes quite severely, so even my doctor, who actually gave me a pack of magnesium rather than a drug for RLS, agrees that if I can solve a problem with alternative medication I should try that first.

Strange that we now call what used to be mainstream remedies, 'alternative' when it is actually the pharmaceutical industry who were the newcomers.

Oh, sorry, this was supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek moan wasn't it.
Well here goes: it's 10am, I'm still in my nightie because I coloured my hair green at 7am and I'm waiting for it to 'set' before I can have my morning shower.

That actually takes only 20 mins, so why am I still déshabillé at my screen?

Because once I start reading GN threads I can't bloomingwell stop!!

grin

notanan2 Tue 03-Sep-19 23:40:05

My bedroom wall paper ever so slightly doesnt match!

It is lined up properly but one panel is slightly more faded than it's neighbour making it a slightly different shade

I hate the missmatch its all I see
But I love the pattern and had searched everywhere for one like that.
I cant get it redone as the paper is discontinued.

So I'm stuck with it now I guess, and the miss match irks me daily.