Gransnet forums

Chat

Moaning thread

(544 Posts)
Lessismore Wed 31-Jul-19 22:22:15

The weather is awful, it's not even August and the nights are drawing in. My husband has an irritating cough and the cat has disappeared.

matson Thu 01-Aug-19 18:02:54

Hot !!!, it's positively chilly here ? fed up of it!!

Namsnanny Thu 01-Aug-19 19:56:58

Bellanonna…..Me too! Wow, I didn't realise how much I needed a laugh grin

Boheminan…. Do your hens have all the 'necessaries' to make eggs?
I've been watching Marie Antoinette on telly. Louis XV1 was her under performing partner, and I immediately thought of your hens!
Keep us posted, I'm sure they'll deliver soon.

Lessismore...Loving this thread, just what we need for the summertime blues, Thanks!!

DanniRae Thu 01-Aug-19 21:11:05

Love this thread but unfortunately I am having a reasonable day so can't join in.......but give it time!

ginny Thu 01-Aug-19 21:22:48

I would like to moan about someone who keeps burping loudly and never says ‘pardon’.
Such bad manners.angry

DanniRae Fri 02-Aug-19 08:09:41

Ok now I can join in the moaning.
I had a terrible nights sleep because I kept waking up....
I have a headache this morning....
We have grey skies in SE London....
It's only just after 8am - I feel I will be back later.....

LullyDully Fri 02-Aug-19 08:20:21

Me too dannirae I keep waking up for no apparent reason. Then as I think about it I might as well go to the loo. I would love to go to sleep and wake up in the morning. Moan moan.

Yorksherlass Fri 02-Aug-19 08:33:16

Other half snoring all bloody night then says he didn’t sleep!!
Well I had a wonderful night , THANK YOU , ? sorry for shouting everyone ?

Bellanonna Fri 02-Aug-19 08:36:23

I’ve often woken OH up from a deep snore, and he claims he wasn’t even asleep!

MissAdventure Fri 02-Aug-19 08:53:09

I'm tired, my pimple has reached epic proportions overnight, I barely slept, and my bum pain has spread to my groin and down my leg.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 02-Aug-19 09:07:06

I should vacuum upstairs but I can't because puss is on the bed and he's scared of the noise.

I'm on a 'short list' for The Chase but they haven't rung back - there's a year to go before I get 'dumped.' I'm still waiting for Jeremy Clarkson or one of his underlings to request my (brilliant!?) presence. C'mon Jezza.

I could buy a Lotto ticket but I expect that as usual I won't select a single correct number.

vena11 Fri 02-Aug-19 09:17:48

Bad nights sleep cant get motivated this morning so probably just wont bother .

Margaux Fri 02-Aug-19 09:48:34

Great thread Lessismore - like one of those semi-comical wry poems that resonate with others: I moan therefore I am.

Grandmanotnan Fri 02-Aug-19 09:51:05

Weather awful, pain in back , again, funny smell I can’t locate in bathroom/landing. Going to friends house tonight for ‘concert’ in garden, take a chair , a bottle and a plate of food! ( have I mentioned the rain) , today I could go on forever!!!!

Laurensnan Fri 02-Aug-19 10:05:26

I weighed myself this morning and I've put on 5 lb. It's the chocolate
and crisps that keep jumping in my trolley. This needs to stop but they won't listen. Last week some biscuits nipped in too. They sneak in the online food shop too, it's disgraceful.

grove1234 Fri 02-Aug-19 10:05:37

Ecological biodiversity rampant in my garden nasturtium nearly gone Lilly beetle no longer hungry . Cats not currently visiting .

KatyK Fri 02-Aug-19 10:08:39

Checked our Premium Bonds. Nothing. Again. angry

HannahLoisLuke Fri 02-Aug-19 10:12:39

My legs, neck, elbows and wrists have been stiff and painful for a month now but I've got to take advantage of a break in the rain to get up on a ladder and trim four shaggy shrubs.
Lawn needs mowing too but might leave that for now and say I'm growing a wildflower meadow.?

HannahLoisLuke Fri 02-Aug-19 10:16:14

And my car has been of the road for a month while the garage have tried to source a reconditioned electronic hand brake.
My car is fifteen years old and a new part costs more than the car is worth!
But on the bright side just heard they've found a part and are fixing it this afternoon. Fingers crossed!!!

Lona Fri 02-Aug-19 10:20:09

Hardly any sleep as my right knee keeps twingeing painfully.

I do love a good moan.

marionk Fri 02-Aug-19 10:34:20

BUILDERS not on site AGAIN
No washing machine for a week now because of the BUILDERS
Car badly scratched whilst parked on the road because the BUILDERS materials are all over our drive
Definitely a theme going on here!

missdeke Fri 02-Aug-19 10:34:51

It's not fair!!! I have nothing to moan about and I so wanted to join in envy

Katek Fri 02-Aug-19 10:35:32

Been waiting a week for a crochet kit to arrive and it’s still not here, plus we’ve run out of bread so no toast this morning.

Lilacmickey Fri 02-Aug-19 10:47:32

I have a patch in my eye which has gone blurred and the weather is still humid and I sweat buckets every day. Yes hospital this afternoon.

Pearlsaminger Fri 02-Aug-19 10:53:33

Didn’t get to sleep until gone 1.30am. Woken at 4am by two foxes fighting outside my window. Watched them kicking the life out of each other while they screamed blue murder.
Didn’t get back to sleep until gone 5am.

The postman’s just rung the doorbell 4 times and banged on the front door with his fists for me to answer it. He does it every time he’s on this route, usually three times a week. It infuriates me as I take a little longer to get to the door due to my mobility problems and he knows this. I want to punch him in the face every time he does it. (I’m not a violent person normally!) blush

The new coffee machine my daughter purchased doesn’t like me at all and I fight it every day. I only have to push one button but it always says No!

The next door neighbours are a pain in the backside and are in the middle of a marathon arguing session (usually lasts several hours) I wish they’d shut up. Police will arrive once it spills out onto the street. All the neighbours will be out watching again no doubt, videoing the action!

And I’ve got the car to clean out and vacuum which is difficult at the best of times, before I pick up my elderly neighbour and take her to her social club. If it’s not done she’ll moan at how terrible it is and if I WANT her to come in my car (I’m guilt tripped into giving her a lift as she can’t get a taxi. All the drivers go to the mosque on Fridays!) I should ensure it’s cleaned first! This is the same neighbour who once gave me £10 to go and get a hair dye as my grey roots were showing through (I’d decided to embrace the grey and was growing my hair out) and that I was embarrassing her! Cheeky mare!

Thanks for letting me spill that. I feel much better grin

SillyNanny321 Fri 02-Aug-19 10:59:49

OMG Its that time of year again. My lovely cat sits with a big smile ( she really can smile ) looking at the floor. Two mornings running she has killed & then shown me the bodies. Huge great nasty eight legged monsters! Help!!