Gransnet forums

Chat

Moaning thread

(544 Posts)
Lessismore Wed 31-Jul-19 22:22:15

The weather is awful, it's not even August and the nights are drawing in. My husband has an irritating cough and the cat has disappeared.

marpau Fri 02-Aug-19 11:00:21

Week 5 of school holidays when DIL went back to work I agreed to do school run and her DM would share care
in holidays today she is having DGS for the second time grr. Promised ourselves a lie in however been up most of night with arthritic knee still have lots of jobs to do which I cant do as always at DIL house. DH grumpy as rain is making weeds grow and he can't get out! Oh well another coffee and gransnet it is ?

Craftycat Fri 02-Aug-19 11:08:02

My DH - who is bi-polar - has turned our dining room into a 'Craft' room for a hobby he never actually gets round to doing. You can't move in the hall for boxes of useless stuff he has bought & I am going slightly mad! I know the phase will pass & I will ge able to get rid of it all but it is so frustrating while it is going on.
Mind you the next dad may be even worse!!

Blinko Fri 02-Aug-19 11:08:46

My lovely sister was visiting me today. We rarely see each other, so today was gonna be special. Then her attention seeking OH was rushed to A&E, so she had to rally round. Visit cancelled, of course.

Then my gardener who promised to turn up 'just after nine, mate' hasn't appeared.

BooHoo!

Camelotclub Fri 02-Aug-19 11:13:32

I am depressed and scared about the future. What with Brexit, buffoon Boris, Trump, China, Russia, plastic in the sea, ghastly lowest common denominator TV, developers trying to build at the back of us, the fact I've had a dicky tum since last Saturday, a husband who spends most of the day in his home office, I am fed up with the whole boiling. What is there to look forward to?

Camelotclub Fri 02-Aug-19 11:15:10

And that horrible Carney man at the Bank of England warning that a no deal Brexit would mean instant price rises of food and petrol.

How does anyone else deal with all this? I find knitting helps.

4allweknow Fri 02-Aug-19 11:17:44

Really irritated at those drivers who are constantly ducking in in front of me and I have to keep slowing down to accommodate them. I'm never going to get home unless I tailgate the vehicle in front. And, I've noticed most of the culprits are females!

SusieB50 Fri 02-Aug-19 11:22:35

Love this thread ! Have had groin and leg pain for weeks GP ordered an X-Ray last week, all done, but phone call today to go back and repeat !
. Weeds are like triffids and I will have to clear the front garden at least . DH just taken the last two Ibrobrufen ?

GillT57 Fri 02-Aug-19 11:29:48

GrannyGravy13 I love your logic, it is the same as mine. If chocolate is in the fruit bowl it must count as one of my five a day. Also, I see it as taking one for the team; I have saved DH from temptation. grin

Barmeyoldbat Fri 02-Aug-19 11:30:01

A long list of to do things but I am sat here on gransne. Will just have time decision and think it will be mending Mr BOB favourite t-shirt which I really don't want to do, but out of love will. Back is aching and I feel fuzzy headed. Think I need to go out and sod the to do list.

Lessismore Fri 02-Aug-19 11:35:27

Camelot, this was supposed to be sort of semi comical moaning. I agree with you totally.

How to cope? Maybe keep busy and avoid the news. It's very worrying.

On a lighter note todays moans ( so far) are I have bought too much fruit. I have made a veggie shepherds pie for son but it tastes horrible and there is a big drip outside.

GillT57 Fri 02-Aug-19 11:37:00

camelotclub are you me? We are awaiting results of appeal against predatory developers at bottom of garden. Also have DH who spends a lot of time in front of laptop, and I never ever sleep a whole night. Can't even consider selling up and running away as pending planning has put a blight on anyone selling. Still, on bright side, did manage an hour's weeding yesterday, the weather is good, and about to book a holiday.

BusterTank Fri 02-Aug-19 11:38:46

I have had enough of my unappreciated mother in law . Nothing is never good
enough for her . She feels the world owes her something and now she's causes a rift between me and my husband . Don't you just love family's .

Conni7 Fri 02-Aug-19 11:48:44

I have family staying for a month and my house is a tip. They borrow things and don't put them back. I was stung in the forest yesterday and it's itching and swelled up. My bushes have been knocked over in the heavy rain, but now it has stopped and the weeds are doing fine.

Nanaval4G Fri 02-Aug-19 11:58:32

Lessismore, you should make this a daily thread as previously suggested and call it "Good Moanin"

crazyH Fri 02-Aug-19 12:09:09

On antibiotics for a bad chest, antibiotics giving me the runs, going for afternoon tea with son and family (gd birthday), have to take Imodium, which will stop the runs but causes constipation. Tomorrow, booked to go with neighbours for dinner out at our local Italian. Will feel rotten due to tight stomach. Can't cancel anything......keep your fingers crossed for me.Thank-you x

maddyone Fri 02-Aug-19 12:09:14

I feel depressed.
My son returned his 40th birthday money to us because he says we favouritise his sister.
There’s absolutely nothing on television to watch in the evening.
I’m on a seemingly never ending waiting list for my hand surgery.
My sister’s causing family problems again.
It’s a long time till my next holiday when I can forget about them all.

Trudy1925 Fri 02-Aug-19 12:13:43

Lol Gransal I really empathise! Dh has a ‘golf elbow’ and talks me through each exercise he does and has me watch to encourage him, bless.

Abuelana Fri 02-Aug-19 12:17:28

My husband is bad tempered. I moan about ‘stuff’ to him if I can’t tell him who can I tell. The other day he said he didn’t want to hear anymore - so I’m keeping quiet. Although I have to listen to his shit - feel better already

EllanVannin Fri 02-Aug-19 12:19:53

Bloomin' bowels are a bit loose today----my own fault as I tend to be greedy now and again knowing I'll pay for it. I ate 4 little Melton Mowbray pies, salad and beetroot chutney yesterday for lunch, instead of the usual 2 that I'd normally have. Oh, and 2pkts of crisps !

It's a nuisance but a good job I'm not going far today or it would have been something else to worry about. I should fast for 24 hours but it's fish and home-made chips day. I might as well eat it while sitting on the lavvy.

EllanVannin Fri 02-Aug-19 12:22:53

PS. I don't need bicycle clips !

Flowerofthewest Fri 02-Aug-19 12:23:36

DH 'sorting his bits' storage boxes taking up long floor (it's been a week), cat fleas, cat doing a good impression of being abandoned. Asleep in middle of road. Kind soul took this 'stray' to vet. Cat escapes through locked cat flap. DH pill dispenser broken, I'm now the dispenser. DM constant demands.

Trudy1925 Fri 02-Aug-19 12:23:38

Oh Maddy - sometimes we can’t do right for doing wrong with our kids and siblings, you are not alone re your son and sis. My youngest son thinks he’s very hard done but its simply not true. Hope you hear about your op soon, awful to be in pain.

And my moan for today..personally I’m really fed up with text messages..you cannot communicate properly with these!

Pantglas1 Fri 02-Aug-19 12:31:45

Ooh EllanVannin you’ve put pictures in my head now.....! Ha ha!

I’m cross with my husband who asked for a sandwich for lunch without specifying the filling, saying you choose. I made smoked salmon and rocket and it has been declined and now bagged for me, tomorrow - he can darn well make his own!

nipsmum Fri 02-Aug-19 12:34:18

Suffering from painful right shoulder. Decided to put down my knitting for a day or two and do some cooking and baking instead. Problem is my shoulder is still sore. It's lunchtime only and it's going to be a long day following having to take more painkillers anyway. I'll walk the dog though.

marpau Fri 02-Aug-19 12:43:25

My day is getting better found support thingy for aching knee I have emptied my cupboard in bedroom looking for something hubby has lost full contents now on the bed item not found went to hubby's cupboard which he has searched and lost item is sitting there in full view! Phone rang before I could blow a fuse it was a scam call about internet asked lady to remove my number and not call again and she replied f**k off f**k off f**k off!!! Made a coffee to calm down and checked emails to find I've won £100 ??