Gransnet forums

Chat

Looking like a twerp

(80 Posts)
Merseybelle2 Wed 31-Jul-19 23:24:23

Anyone else made a fool of themselves today ? I went out for lunch with a friend and put on a new cardigan just before I left the house. When I got home I took it off and found to my horror there was a big sticker on the back of it. Saying SOFT TOUCH.

Merseybelle2 Thu 08-Aug-19 12:48:30

I’ve just come back from the chemist, and spotted on their counter some of those solar powered car toys. Without thinking I said to the young man behind the counter, ‘ Can you show me your nodding unicorn ?’

BradfordLass72 Fri 09-Aug-19 00:34:05

Merseybelle2 You naughty girl! You've made me laugh so much I spit all over my computer screen. grin

Compared to 'Still dead?" my experience is nothing but I'll tell it anyway.

I was at a very posh 'do' in one of Auckland's 5 star hotels, to celebrate a milestone birthday for one of NZ's famous, national treasures.

Before dessert was served, I left the banqueting hall to find the loo and as I can no longer read the signs on doors, looked for the 'Disability' symbol.
So having seen it, I went in, chose a cubicle and availed myself of the facilities.

I came out to wash my hands and saw several people, some with long, glossy dark hair, at the washbasins

'Isn't this a wonderful evening?' I gushed.

It wasn't until they replied that I realised these were
young men and those were not washbasins.

moggie57 Fri 09-Aug-19 00:43:03

haha nice one.

Grandma2213 Fri 09-Aug-19 00:58:29

I have had such a good laugh at this thread!!

When I was 60 my workmates organised a celebratory meal out. I had never had a 'do' like this before. One of my managers came with her husband who wished me 'Happy Birthday'. Never having been in this situation before I wished him 'Happy Birthday' back. His face was a picture. Luckily I had never seen him before not ever again since but I still cringe with embarrassment when I think of it. blush