Gransnet forums

Chat

I am undertall -please help

(55 Posts)
Kiwigramz Thu 01-Aug-19 22:04:01

I am short and since aged 70 have put on so much weight through medication, particularly steroids)and yes I admit the odd bar of chocolate ?) being truthful, but it is embarrassing for me. Nothing fits, and everything feels tight. I have tried most diets, exercise but Limited due to lupus and arthritis. I try to eat no more than 1000 calories a day and for 8 weeks had no bread or potatoes. I am unable to walk far in one go, I do do a little gardening . I eat salads and love my fresh veg and beef and chicken. I never have sugar added to my food.

Please be kind to me as I know it has to be partly my own fault but there has to be an answer, even if I don’t like it ?. Thank you

MawB Tue 06-Aug-19 22:14:38

“Espoused” ???

MawB Tue 06-Aug-19 22:17:04

Apologies GG , I have just now seen a mention of a doctor 16 hours later at 21:22
Surely steroids count as “hard core” medication?

GabriellaG54 Tue 06-Aug-19 22:26:09

watermeadow
Hi smile
I've been known to eat a whole frozen (then part defrosted) BirdsEye chocolate cream sponge cake during the course of a day but that was decades ago when I had 5 children to ferry around and did miles of walking and activity.
I'm far from skinny and my weight for most of my adult life was 11st 2 which was perfect for me as I did lots of rowing and walking so had decent muscles which are heavier than fat.
I still have 2 teaspoons of brown sugar in coffee and when I have dairy it's always full fat. No cake but I had 4 Lotus caramel finger biscuits this afternoon.
I'm off ice-cream as it's often full of additives but this time last year I would happily and greedily, whilst reading a magazine, eat a box of 3 Magnums as soon as I put the shopping away.

It's a case of wanting change and not wanting to buy clothes in a bigger size. To feel comfy in the clothes I have and tighten and tone the parts which slip South if you do nothing.

I have a weighted hula-hoop (2lbs)
Anything heavier often leaves you with terrific bruising so I have seen online.
So...each their own methods.
I certainly don't want to be skinny as it would not be a good look...for me.

Next time you bake, have a warm buttered scone for me.
If I made them myself I'd eat the lot then regret it the next day.
It's all about willpower...but you know that already. grincupcakecupcake

Callistemon Tue 06-Aug-19 23:01:39

If I ate standing up I would be tempted to put another slice of bread in the toaster whereas if I walk away from the breadbin, butter dish and toaster and go to sit at the table I won't be tempted.