Gransnet forums

Chat

Smile

(77 Posts)
Yorkshiregirl Wed 07-Aug-19 11:20:07

Am I the only one who finds the forums full of moans about anything and everything? Some of the moans really are unbelievably petty in my opinion.

I know we all have problems, but come on lighten up and rejoice you are still here to enjoy life.

Some of us have battled serious illnesses and know how precious life is, or lost loved ones far too soon.

Just to lighten the mood I was talking to family about laundry the other day...go on admit it how many of you have washed trousers or jeans with undies still inside, and then worn them unaware last weeks knickers are creeping down your leg grin

Teetime Wed 07-Aug-19 11:22:09

It has been known. But can I juts confirm for anyone wishing to try it oven cleaner does not clean the bath very well... I know I just tried it! grin

RosieLeah Wed 07-Aug-19 11:25:06

I have often washed trousers with socks inside but not knickers. It's the tissue in the pocket that causes the most trouble...spending ages picking off the shreds!

Callistemon Wed 07-Aug-19 11:43:14

Teetime I was cleaning the shower once and remarked to DH that the formula of the cleaner had changed and it was now so much thicker and a strange green colour.

Then I checked and I was using oven cleaner.
Duh!

Poppyred Wed 07-Aug-19 11:50:05

Agree with you Yorkshiregirl - the political threads are full of the same old ones getting their knickers in a twist on a daily basis - for heavens sake get a life and lighten up!

dragonfly46 Wed 07-Aug-19 11:55:34

I keep finding knickers in the clean bedding when I change the beds.

Chewbacca Wed 07-Aug-19 11:57:20

I've just taken a load of washing out of the machine to find everything covered in tiny bits of wet tissue again! When will I learn to check sleeves and pockets before I put things in the wash? Can't blame anyone else either as I live alone

Miep1 Wed 07-Aug-19 12:08:00

I too fins socks and knickers inside duvet covers - usually when I am taking them off!

lemongrove Wed 07-Aug-19 12:14:22

I agree Yorkshiregirl the moaning threads get worse and worse, all the โ€˜we are all going to hell in a handcartโ€™ ( you know the ones I mean)๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜„

I always seem to find that pillow cases worm their way into duvet covers when washed, then refuse to be shaken out.

Calendargirl Wed 07-Aug-19 12:21:04

I have not been using the Gransnet site for very long compared to some, but I agree that it has a lot more moans and complaints than when I first used it.
Some of the posts are quite nasty and vitriolic. Sign of the times I suppose. Sad.
๐Ÿ˜ข

Oldwoman70 Wed 07-Aug-19 12:27:17

I was thinking this the other day - also some unpleasant comments.

Talking about things which make you smile - I sat in my conservatory the other afternoon with a well earned cup of coffee and in the field behind me there was a family of deer - it looked like two adults and a fawn. Wonderful smile

Yorkshiregirl Wed 07-Aug-19 12:29:19

Yes Calendargirl there are some nasty comments too I agree, and no need for them. I believe there is a facility to block tye nasty posters.

Enjoy your day everyone. I'm just going to lunch with 2 friends now.

GabriellaG54 Wed 07-Aug-19 12:40:46

I'm always contented and smiley but here are a few more and some flowers for everyone.
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜„โ˜บ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜

Pudding123 Wed 07-Aug-19 12:43:09

Here here ! Some people seem determined to have the last word however petty and have to post numerous times on the same thread in order to feel superior to the rest of us friendly GN ladies.luckily they are in the minority.

Sussexborn Wed 07-Aug-19 12:46:05

One of my cousins lived with us when I was a baby. She went out dancing and crept in late one night. She didnโ€™t want to disturb the household so in the dark she picked up a tube of Immac instead of toothpaste. Yuk!

How do you block certain posters? I nearly unsubscribed this morning because of the way so many of even the most innocuous of threads turn nasty within about 10 posts. Beginning to feel that some people are deliberately setting out to undermine gransnet. Sad as it used to be so friendly and tolerant of varying viewpoints.

JenniferEccles Wed 07-Aug-19 12:46:16

You are absolutely right about how many doom and gloom threads there are, and as I have found, any attempt at humour to lighten the mood doesnโ€™t go down at all well, especially on the politics threads.

It seems to me that everyone is determined to look on the black side of what is going on at the moment.

What happened to British optimism?

EllanVannin Wed 07-Aug-19 12:49:41

I've used fly spray before today mistaking it for room spray.

Anniebach Wed 07-Aug-19 12:50:18

Some only have this forum to reach out to

sharon103 Wed 07-Aug-19 12:52:25

I don't read the politics posts. Not really interested.
Whatever happens after brexit, we will survive.
Have a lovely day Gransnetters. smile

Lisagran Wed 07-Aug-19 12:56:34

Some flowers from the garden smile

Kittye Wed 07-Aug-19 13:00:42

Lisagran Beautiful !

Pantglas1 Wed 07-Aug-19 13:03:25

Wow Lisagran - you obviously have a knack for arranging flowers......if Iโ€™d picked them, they wouldnโ€™t look half so lovely! I canโ€™t even get artificial ones to look goodsad

downtoearth Wed 07-Aug-19 13:09:45

I was waiting for the bus I am currently on and got talking to a lady we didnt stop chatting,she is new to the area,we swapped phone numbers and hopefully meet up for coffeesmile

Lisagran Wed 07-Aug-19 13:33:08

Thanks Pantglas1 - Iโ€™d like to be a florist when I grow up smile. I like nothing better than gardening and fiddling with flowers in pots flowers

SueDonim Wed 07-Aug-19 13:35:39

I found my daughter's wedding veil inside a newly washed duvet cover! shock