Gransnet forums

Chat

Life’s too short to........

(86 Posts)
Atqui Sun 18-Aug-19 13:05:59

make bramble jelly! What a faff! Ruined a top , used loads of hard won blackberries and ended up with less than 2 pots of jam. What’s your life’s too short comment?

maryhoffman37 Mon 19-Aug-19 10:30:22

Making Bramble Jelly has become much easier since buying a jelly bag and stand from Lakeland! It is my family's favourite jam and we love picking blackberries so this is a relief. For me life is too short to worry about things I can't change. Doesn't stop me though.

geera Mon 19-Aug-19 10:46:21

All could be me

Callistemon Mon 19-Aug-19 10:49:56

I really must get off here and go and steam clean the kitchen floor

No, really! grin

Camelotclub Mon 19-Aug-19 10:50:21

The best thing to do with blackberries is a crumble. You can buy crumble mix from any supermarket so don't have to do that horrible gucky rubbing fat into flour thing.

Jeanlizzie Mon 19-Aug-19 10:51:27

Caring what the neighbours think and doing perfect "flicked eyeliner'

crazyH Mon 19-Aug-19 10:55:22

.......to iron. Hate ironing.
........to hoover daily. Hate hoovering
.........to mop floors. Hate mopping
..........to get dressed in the morning. I can easily stay in my pjs all day
...........to wear a bra in the house

Coconut Mon 19-Aug-19 11:00:07

Life’s too short to be bored, to be unhappy or to tolerate anything or anyone who does not enhance your life .....

inishowen Mon 19-Aug-19 11:02:20

I remember when my children were small there was a saying "they won't remember if you ironed their pyjamas but they will remember if you read them a story".

GabriellaG54 Mon 19-Aug-19 11:04:58

Peel a grape...??

karen1962 Mon 19-Aug-19 11:07:53

Waste time working when I could be in the garden being on holiday or babysitting

Missiseff Mon 19-Aug-19 11:08:57

Yes it is. Wish my Son and Daughter realised this. They think it's too short to waste it with me.

Allegretto Mon 19-Aug-19 11:18:54

Camelotclub, I’ve recently been making crumble by melting butter in a pot and mixing in the dry ingredients. No rubbing in required.

Shortlegs Mon 19-Aug-19 11:22:58

..........to dance with fat women.

HiPpyChick57 Mon 19-Aug-19 11:29:10

Agree with not ironing!!!
I refuse to stand there for hours straightening clothes!!!
Who made the law that clothes HAVE to be straight???
Pairing socks.
Nobody looks at your socks and so what if they do???
I buy only black ones now anyway so solved that problem!!!
My late husband called me Mrs half a job because I never wiped the dishes. I told him the air dries them so it’s a pointless waste of time. I asked him if he would water the garden in the rain???...Ha nuff said!!!

Saggi Mon 19-Aug-19 11:41:16

Ironing ( unless for funeral) ... I don’t attend weddings anymore!
Dieting
Moving furniture to clean
Make-up
Dying hair

Elcie Mon 19-Aug-19 11:41:30

Life is too short to put up with people that diminish you! I only see people that I really like now and my life is much happier. It’s also to short to wash rubbish, so I’m afraid my plastics go in the recycling as It is.

Nannyme Mon 19-Aug-19 11:51:34

To say yes to something you don’t really want to do, I now say no thanks and have found it quite liberating, but it took me lots of wasted years to say no I don’t want to do the blasted cricket teas ever again.

Lupin Mon 19-Aug-19 11:53:56

I will iron my clothes and bedding but life is far too short to iron a tea towel.
I had an aunt who polished the dustbin and sent her poor husband up to hoover the loft. She really needed to get out more.
I agree with those who choose not to finish a book they are not enjoying.

Foxyferret Mon 19-Aug-19 11:56:55

Dance with ugly men

Nanny41 Mon 19-Aug-19 12:32:53

Champion worrier here,yes lifes too short. As the old song said "worrying gets you nowhere at all"

Tooyoungytobeagrandma Mon 19-Aug-19 13:01:52

To stay with a man I neither love nor care for, as he neither loves or cares for me and hadnt done for years. Solicitor found, time set aside for appointment. Also too short to put up with spiteful narcissistic DIL just hoping gc dont suffer too much. I no longer try to be nice, it makes no difference so shall use my energy and time doing stuff to suit me going forward ☺️

Nonnie Mon 19-Aug-19 13:10:01

I'm another one who can't waste time on people I have no interest in.

Don't care about people on here who deliberately misinterpret what others say and are simply nasty.

Only other thing I can think of is going into DH's study, he is a hoarder and a clutterer!

Taichifree Mon 19-Aug-19 13:29:40

Some of these made me laugh - thank you.

@Tooyoungytobeagrandma - I was sad to read your post - I listened to R4 this morning (Mon 19th Aug) and they were talking to women who'd decided not to put up with their situation and like you, set wheels in motion and were out the other side. I wish you well.

Merryweather Mon 19-Aug-19 13:36:10

Crumble making gets done by the children. They think it's great to get all gooey and gakey. I get lots made for the freezer and the children have a wonderful time.
Ironing except uniforms for school, weddings, funerals us a big no.
Jam/jelly making, Nope. I use fruit in crumble.
Still can't put a book down if I'm not enjoying it.
Robo vac hoovers and mops.
Dusting gets done when I'm ready.
I do make the beds. It's lovely to get into a well made fresh bed.

Jaycee5 Mon 19-Aug-19 13:41:38

Washerwoman Totally agree. I started London Fields three times before I got through it (and it's not a long book). Wish I hadn't bothered. I'll give something a second try but there is no point i perservering if you're just not getting it.