Gransnet forums

Chat

Life’s too short to........

(86 Posts)
Atqui Sun 18-Aug-19 13:05:59

make bramble jelly! What a faff! Ruined a top , used loads of hard won blackberries and ended up with less than 2 pots of jam. What’s your life’s too short comment?

icanhandthemback Mon 19-Aug-19 19:17:46

Washerwoman, I have come to that conclusion. I have always made it a principle to read any book I start to the end as some of the best books I've read have been hard to start with. However, as I get older, I find that I just can't be bothered.
I've started worrying less about being hairy...it's natural so why should I?

Tooyoungytobeagrandma Mon 19-Aug-19 20:54:10

Taichifree pity I dont listen to the radio, might have picked up some tips. Don't feel sad (but thank you for caring) , I'm done with being sad and miserable, I want to enjoy what time I have left. I dont like who I have become so have decided I need to do something about it. As for the dil, I have tried for sons and gcs sakes but she had no interest in having a relationship with his family so I am taking a leaf from her book and not even trying any more, its a relief. As for all the other comments re dusting/housework/ironing etc Ive always thought life's too short for that and once kids had left home I cut right back. wink

BradfordLass72 Tue 20-Aug-19 08:22:14

Luckygirl
I sound more of a slut by the minute grin

Here's your quick, life's-too-short-to-make-lunch then ! smile

Grandad1943 Tue 20-Aug-19 09:10:35

Waiting what seems like forever in a queue on the phone with that awful canned music that organisations play these days

Then after many minutes you then think you have actually got through to real human being, only to quickly realize that it is in fact a "robot" who will inform you that every word you state will be recorded for training purposes.

That *robot" then goes on for several minutes, telling you how much easier it is to contact them online, which you have already tried to no avail. The "Robot" then informs you how to upgrade whatever service you have with them, when often you are phoning to cancel that service because you can never contact them.

Then after a further delay, you do actually get through to a real human being who asks you a string of security questions that you can never remember the answers to. So, they tell you to reset your security questionnaire and ring back as there is nothing they can do until you pass their security clearance.

AAHHH

Helmsley444 Tue 20-Aug-19 13:54:16

Missis eff Me too.
Ibhave 2 sins who i hsrdly ever see

Helmsley444 Tue 20-Aug-19 13:54:45

Oophs sons

123kitty Tue 20-Aug-19 20:01:36

Life's too short to give in or give up, keep making an effort

BradfordLass72 Wed 21-Aug-19 07:59:46

Dusting? I just walk round and blow on things occasionally.

Haven't ironed for years.

I give an audio book enough time to convince me that the story and/or the reader is of interest. It may be 5 minute or, if the reader is good, I may tolerate it for half the 1st disc to see if it picks up.

I often have to associate with people I don't like - that's life and, as such, not wasted because I learn something - to stay away next time.

And I long, long ago learned that life is far too short to repeatedly fail on diets which don't work.
Instead I learned why they didn't (your body is programmed to fight back) and stopped dieting.

Have been healthier and happier ever since.

mothertrucker52 Wed 21-Aug-19 23:32:59

I have a top bearing the legend "Life's too short to dance with ugly men" ??

annep1 Wed 21-Aug-19 23:50:29

I thought you could copy and paste links. Someone said you can't? ?

Life's too short to finish books I don't enjoy...I skip to the end.

Run in and out hanging washing in between showers (my husband does this!)

Read all the terms and conditions before ticking I accept!