Gransnet forums

Chat

Hints of Autumn

(65 Posts)
Lisagran Sun 18-Aug-19 21:55:59

I like all the seasons for different reasons, but I do love Autumn! Today, in the garden, there were a few signs that Autumn is on its way - sedums starting to colour up, Japanese anemones, Michaelmas daisies, etc. Hopefully a few more warm and sunny weeks yet though!

Lioness68 Mon 19-Aug-19 21:52:51

I love autumn, I was born in September. Our eldest grandson is an October baby and youngest son is getting married in October this year (on his nephew's 25th birthday). The wedding is at the church that the bride's parents go to and the reception is at a hotel in Sefton Park her in Liverpool. We are hoping for lots of autumn colours for the photos.

Lioness68 Mon 19-Aug-19 21:53:35

Here, not her.

gillybob Mon 19-Aug-19 21:56:25

The summer hasn’t reached the North East yet, so please stop this talk about Autumn grin

gillybob Mon 19-Aug-19 21:57:11

Beautiful flowers arrangement Lisagran you are very talented . smile

shirleyhick Mon 19-Aug-19 22:04:42

Lovely flowers Lisagran I always look forward to Autumn

NanKate Mon 19-Aug-19 22:14:56

Another Autumn lover here. My birthday is in September and I got married in October, so 2 things to celebrate.

I love warm days in September followed by chillier evenings. We often get this in the South East. I feel sorry for those further north who have not had much of a summer.

Rosina Mon 19-Aug-19 22:17:42

I love autumn with a passion; the sunlight is golden and warm on the skin, the air is fresh and cool, and from time to time I can smell burning leaves. I can't wait for the glorious tints in the garden - roll on September!

GabriellaG54 Tue 20-Aug-19 09:40:24

Ah...Sefton Park, the boating lake, I remember it well. grin
I attended a wedding in 2014 held in the Palm House. It was a magical day.
I used to visit a lot as a child and Liverpool has looked after it's green spaces very well indeed.
Now you can hire city bikes to ride through the park and download the app which tells you the nearest bike stands, liked and cafes.
At any time of year it's a beautiful place to be.
Visit Liverpool ??

GabriellaG54 Tue 20-Aug-19 09:41:17

liked loos

Grandma70s Tue 20-Aug-19 10:04:49

I’m another who loves Autumn. There's always a magic moment when everything looks slightly gilded, and you know autumn’s here.

I always loved the return to school after the long summer holiday, with the excitement of being in a new form or even a new school. I loved harvest festival, in the days when there was fruit, vegetables and flowers, not rows of tins and loo rolls!

I was married in September and my first child was born in September.

123kitty Tue 20-Aug-19 21:03:17

Braddock on

123kitty Tue 20-Aug-19 21:04:35

What? Don't know who Braddock is (not in my bed). Bedsocks on.

Scribbles Fri 23-Aug-19 17:44:02

Another sign of autumn: the GP surgery phoned this morning and offered me an appointment for flu vaccination.

TwiceAsNice Fri 23-Aug-19 18:11:36

No Autumn yet please. It’s boiling here in Surrey. Am hot in just a vest top and shorts. Don’t mind Autumn but don’t like it when it creeps into Winter I am a Summer girl!