Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Tue 20-Aug-19 06:11:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and bright this morning, and also starting to feel a bit autumnal in the air.
My day of bus travel to Bicester and Buckingham today, after housework.
Mick

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 20-Aug-19 08:45:27

Good morning from east London, bright here but cloudy. Based on yesterday, essentials will be sun cream and pac-a-mac. DP tells me he has no plans for today so it’s either cleaning (but what’s the point when the dust keeps coming) or sorting stuff. I think a forward motion out the front door will be called for. Have a good day.

Anniebach Tue 20-Aug-19 08:55:00

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

GabriellaG54 Tue 20-Aug-19 10:40:40

Good morning to all GNers ????
It's a super duper blue sky and sunshine now in Godalming, 18° rising to 21° later.
Our run ended with smoothies sitting by the river and obligatory brioche for the ducks who were well pleased.
Hairdressers this afternoon for colour and blow before evening date with OH ? which is dinner at his sister's home in Salisbury.
I'm really lucky as he's fit and a really nice person...too nice for me (so he says) but we're still a 'couple' after 6 years despite the age gap, a bit like the Macron duo but I've yet to have any 'work'.
I'm going to wear my new rust midi skirt which has two splits at the front, with a white 3/4 sleeve tee and white trainers but haven't decided which ones.
I might wear earrings.

I hope you all have a great day and enjoy some sunshine (those GNs in Spain are getting more than their fair share envy) and flowers for anyone feeling a bit down.
Take care...?

gillybob Tue 20-Aug-19 10:43:45

Oh Gabriella you do make me smile ?

I’m the most miserable cow around and you are so upbeat it’s almost ( I said almost) infectious !

I like the middle trainers with the gold backs, coupled with the tortoise shell style earrings . Knock him dead !

Nannylovesshopping Tue 20-Aug-19 11:01:47

I’m so loving those snake skin backed trainers, may I please ask where you got those Gabriella, love the sound of the outfit, my kind of clobber?

Urmstongran Tue 20-Aug-19 11:16:07

I too love the combo you’ll be wearing tonight Gabriella

I bought some white ‘Supergra’ trainers (similar to yours) from John Lewis 3 months ago, as worn by the Duchess of Cambridge (only £46 too!). Unfortunately my legs aren’t as shapely as hers ... or her mum’s!

Sprout Tue 20-Aug-19 11:27:29

Morning Mick and all. Nice day here in Leigh on sea. Home today but up Norwich to see my sister for a fewe days in 2 days time. Then off to Spain for a week lovely. Have a good day everyone.

FC61 Tue 20-Aug-19 11:45:45

So glad you get to go to Rome Marydoll ! We’re having a heatwave in this part of the Mediterranean/ Adriatic. 33c in Rome and 31c here ( But feels like 35c with humidity).

GabriellaG54 Tue 20-Aug-19 13:17:10

Thank you Mesdames for your kind words re my outfit.
I'll ask him what he thinks and if he keels over and dies the blame will fall on you. Police will be informed and compo sought. ??
I'll wear the trainers with rose gold backs in honour of gillybob. Thanks for the comments.
Skirt - Primark £8, tee - M&S £7.50 (20% off) trainers Topshop - Cuba/ Candy £29.
Yes Urmstongran I like Superga trainers/shoes too and have plain white canvas ones from Topshop which were about £30.
I bet Kate saw yours and copied. She's such a CopyKat. ??

GabriellaG54 Tue 20-Aug-19 13:23:46

...earrings, Primark 4 different pairs on a card for £3.

nonnasusie Tue 20-Aug-19 13:32:57

Where are you FC61? We're near Cassino and it's very hot and humid here. 6 weeks since we saw any rain!!

gillybob Tue 20-Aug-19 23:06:42

I do like the skirt too GabriellaG but I wouldn’t have a clue what to wear on top ?

That’s my problem . No style , no clue confused