Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Sat 24-Aug-19 06:12:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Looks like thee start of a warm day today here in Brackley.
Usual bus trips out, to Bicester and Buckingham, will explore the flea market in Buckingham again, look for maps.
Tour of Spain cycle race starts later today will watch it on TV, plus a Chinese take away as well later.
Mick

Susan56 Sat 24-Aug-19 09:43:33

Good morning from sunny Shropshire.I too am excited at the prospect of the washing drying Ellan!This afternoon we are walking into town as our town has its annual balloon festival.We have booked a table at the local Indian restaurant and will hopefully finish our meal just in time to walk to the park and see the night glow when all the tethered balloons are lit up.
The concert sounds amazing Bellasnonna,I would be very excited too!
Hope the antibiotics kick in Marydoll and you start to feel better.

EllanVannin Sat 24-Aug-19 09:34:48

Good Morning All x
The start to a beautiful day. Patio doors open but curtains closed to stop being blinded by the sun----makes a change I must say, this is lovely so I'll make the most of it.

Dark washing to do this morning as the boiled wash was done the other day, and pleased that the heavier stuff should dry. Oh the excitement !

Like other seaside coasts, it'll be packed here too with all cafe's and eateries overflowing on the front it'll be fairly buzzing. A lovely park nearby will serve as a respite if it gets too hot for some plus an area for the little ones, with swings. A great place when the sun's shining. Over the water in Liverpool will be full too especially if there's a cruise ship in to fill the coffers of all the shopkeepers etc, great.

Like many, I'll be staying put in the garden with the cats after my shower and hair-wash.

Hope you all have a lovely day/time, home and abroad in this drop of fine weather. Gillybob, it will stay fine for your weekend the sun will soon melt that cloud.

NfkDumpling Sat 24-Aug-19 09:13:16

Morning All

Another wonderful day in prospect in the north of Norfolk. I’d like to head for the coast but it’ll be standing room only!

Instead we’re off to look at the results of the excavations at our local Roman Archaeological Dig. Lots of interesting stuff. They know there’s a villa there somewhere but haven’t quite found it yet!

BlueSapphire Sat 24-Aug-19 09:04:20

Good morning everyone from Northampton where it is bright and sunny ?.

Shorts today for me as I make a start on clearing the garage of 26 years of accumulated junk, mostly late DH's, I am sorry to say. He was the kind of man who would throw nothing out on the grounds that it might come in useful; every offcut of wood, every odd screw or nail. I tried to clear a few things a couple of years ago, but he was breathing down my neck asserting that he wanted to keep everything! I am desperate to find out what is in the unopened boxes from when we moved in.

Just sitting with a cup of tea, dark chocolate digestive and the Telegraph crossword before I make a start. Hope everyone enjoys our lovely weather.

Minniemoo Sat 24-Aug-19 09:04:10

Happy Saturday to one and all. Two grandchildren today. Paddling pool at the ready!

Anniebach Sat 24-Aug-19 08:51:41

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Lins1066 Sat 24-Aug-19 08:44:09

Good Morning from a sunny S Welsh coast.
Had lunch out yesterday and the sea was so blue and like a mill pond.
supernanny jane enjoy the Real Thing, back in 1976 DH said he played their " I Can't Get by Without You" when I went to Ibiza for a holiday. We got engaged not long afterwards.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

supernannyjane Sat 24-Aug-19 08:35:56

Good morning from the beautiful Forest of Dean - it's Gloucester Goes Retro today, so we're off to soak up the atmosphere, ogle classic cars, admire the folks in their best retro clobber, and listen to The Real Thing in Kings Square. You to me are everything.....! Bliss.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 24-Aug-19 08:28:21

Morning all from a warm South Notts.

Enjoyed lunch out yesterday with old friends.

Plan a quiet day with the giant crossword and the lawn mower, then feet up. Tackled the ironing very early.

Hope all is well with everyone.

TwiceAsNice Sat 24-Aug-19 08:21:55

Morning everyone it’s a very sunny day in Surrey. Have my patio doors wide open whilst I’m drinking my tea.

Family driving back from Norfolk today Hooray! It’s been a long quiet week without them although DD2 has sent me photos and has FaceTimed. They are bringing back some crab for tea so I am going to the farm shop for some yummy bread to go with it . I’ll collect the papers on the way and have a walk on the way back whilst it’s not to hot . Shorts again today I think! Have a lovely day whatever your plans

harrigran Sat 24-Aug-19 08:15:30

Good morning from a bright NE, same as gillybob but I am further from the sea.
Lunch out today in Durham and then will read the newspapers in the garden. Neighbours have finished building work so we can return to the back garden, builders had to be in our garden to do some of the work.
Family moving on to the second holiday venue, a shared house with 20+ in-laws. GC quite happy as it has an indoor pool and they get to meet up with cousins.

ninathenana Sat 24-Aug-19 08:14:44

I too would love to be reading 18th century family letters Maw
Do tell us if you uncover any skeletons smile

NanKate Sat 24-Aug-19 08:11:56

Good morning Mick and All.

We are in for scorcher here this weekend in South Bucks.

DGSs left yesterday after 6 days with us ?. I decided to take the advice from Gransnetters and enjoy every moment whilst they are young enough to want to be with us - they are 6 and 8. The eldest said I wish we could stay another week !

Have a lovely hols NannyJ, hope you feel better soon Mary , enjoy your peaceful morning Kitty.

aggie Sat 24-Aug-19 08:09:29

Morning all , it is warm already ! I have been out watering the half baskets hanging on the old brick wall , they have been neglected this week so I hope they will respond to a bit of care . The hanging basket tomatoes are doing better than expected , but are on a shelf in the plastic greenhuse and threatened to topple off the shelf , I didn't know they were that variety and have nowhere to hang such heavy pots

gillybob Sat 24-Aug-19 08:07:34

Well I think I kind of jumped the gun, weather wise. Might’ve known it was too good to be true. The sun has now disappeared behind an increasingly cloudy sky . Grrrrrrrr

Get back out here , right this minute ! Do you here me ? sunshine

Persistentdonor Sat 24-Aug-19 07:55:57

MawB Your plan sounds like the best of the lot. smile
Family letters from 1798 ..... I would think I had died and gone to heaven.
A clear morning here in Torbay, might visit the carboot sale along the Totnes Road and then have a mooch round Totnes market after.
Enjoy your week end All.

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 24-Aug-19 07:55:26

Good morning from east London, where it’s bright and promising to be hot. Only one builder in today working on the basement floor but our plan is to get out; too much time indoors yesterday. I did make chutney and a plum crumble yesterday with our gatherings from Wednesday, now it’s the crab apples. I have identified a piece of muslin for straining, now just have to locate a high stool on a bench like me mam used to do and get on with it. Have a good day and just hope you’re not too hot.

Marydoll Sat 24-Aug-19 07:55:12

Good morning all from Glasgow, I see a glimmer of sun in the sky.

I'm planning to have a very restful day.

My trip to Lidl yesterday was a great success, even mastered the new road layout with ease. However, DH got a little carried away. I have never spent that amount in Lidl in my life.

I'm not going to spoil this lovely, happy thread thread, by relating the very stressful events of yesterday.
If you need cheering up, go on the Moaning thread,
www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/a1264381-Moaning-thread?msgid=27401927#27401927which includes comments about a garage door falling on me and an emergency visit to the doctors. (At her request not mine , think about yesterday's moan about mouth ulcers!)

I'm feeling pretty rubbish today, a bout of sinusitis and a temp, I didn't even know I had! So I have an excuse to chill.

It's lovely to read how upbeat this thread is. A good way to start my Saturday.
Safe journey for all those who are travelling and everyon else, have a great day!

Nannytopsy Sat 24-Aug-19 07:53:30

Good morning everyone! A restless night here. We thought we were doing our house exchange yesterday but it didn’t happen. We are booked to move on 4th then go on holiday on 6th. No idea what is happening now! And it’s a long weekend.

Greyduster Sat 24-Aug-19 07:52:32

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Going to be a hot one today. We have family from Wales expected and our children and spouses too, so a full house, and a barbecue for this evening when it has cooled down a bit! Have a good day folks!

gillybob Sat 24-Aug-19 07:48:40

Oh I don’t know where I would be without my trusty and hard working Dyson fan MawB it keeps me company almost every night and has been the best interest free credit I ever spent !

Pantglas1 Sat 24-Aug-19 07:43:43

Morning all - I’d forgotten La Vuelta was starting today Mick! We went down to Ardales last year to see it and like Urmstongran said it was gone in a flash - I don’t think they’re in southern Spain this year.

Off on a trip to Teba for the Douglas Day Festival - our Scottish posters will know all about it!

Good day to everyone!

MawB Sat 24-Aug-19 07:43:07

Good morning from N Bucks where I have had one of my best nights for a while thanks to my (silent) Dyson fan. I thoughtI had jinxed the good weather when I bought it a few weeks ago but oh, how I have appreciated it.
No plans for the w/e as I am still grounded, but I shall either sit in the garden or make a start on deciphering and transcribing the bundle of 200+ year old letters which have come to light in the family papers. The first one is 1798 and they mostly look very fragile and old.
Could be interesting.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

ninathenana Sat 24-Aug-19 07:36:34

Good morning from sunny Kent.

We are by the sea too Sar and will be inundated with day trippers.
A quiet day for us after the GC being here for a fortnight. They will spend today visiting other relatives with DD and SiL and then go back north on Sunday.
Have a good day everyone, I wish you sunshine

Brunette10 Sat 24-Aug-19 07:30:11

Good Morning and to all those who follow. It's going to be a scorcher today so will have to dig out my shorts. I'd put them away for this year. DD and DGS's are coming along to so will head out somewhere nice to keep boys busy and have fun. Just love days like this, cheers you up no end. I hope everyone has a good Saturday, enjoy!