Gransnet forums

Chat

Celebrity Crush

(162 Posts)
CaroDane Sat 24-Aug-19 08:33:52

I must confess to occasionally getting an attack of palpatations that have nothing to do with a badly digested jammy dodger when certain CHAPS appear on the telly.
Even at my advanced age I'm not immune to a celebrity crush!

Mine are - Monty Don
Kim Bodnia (thanks to Lessismore for reminding me)
Michael Portillo
Jeremy Paxman
Simon Schama
Andrew Scott ( I know, black armbands all round ladies)
And the winner of my Nobel Prize for Hunk of the Year.......DAVID OLUSOGA ( A House Through Time)
I just love to see him staring gravely at the camera when he's about to announce another resident wiped off the face of the earth by typhoid, bankruptcy or lunacy.

I keep a picture of him I cut out of the paper stuck in the back of my diary. He's between my Sacred Heart prayer card, and my Farmfood coupons.

Who do you secretly long for?

merlotgran Sat 24-Aug-19 11:34:43

Rufus Sewell as Lord M in Victoria.

CaroDane Sat 24-Aug-19 11:36:11

Boosgran I mentioned him first so I get first dibbs!

DAVID OLUSOGA if you're out there, come round and do a programme on my 90's new build.

It has an incredibly fascinating history - double glazing, a flat roof kitchen extension, three wheelie bins.
And as many jammy dodgers as you can handle.

Come and look into middle distance by my composting bin and speak of me fondly in those dulcet tones.....

Oh if only - I'd reincarnate as his cat if I could spend an hour sitting on his lap ( hoping I'm more slender in the next life than this, or he'd be covered in cat hair and have two broken legs.)

quizqueen Sat 24-Aug-19 11:38:20

Aidan Turner (Poldark)

CaroDane Sat 24-Aug-19 11:42:11

As far as I know George Clooney is still stuck in the basement of The Argy Bargy Club, last seen locking lips with lemongrove

Word on the street is he's anybodys for a packet of pork scratchings and a pint of poteen. smile

dragonfly46 Sat 24-Aug-19 11:47:26

I like Martin Shaw but sadly he is too short for me.
Some of my favourite men are Steven Redgrave and Michael Palin.

WOODMOUSE49 Sat 24-Aug-19 11:53:49

Monty Don. DH ribs me whilst watching any prog with Monty in. "Watching your boyfriend again love?"

James Martin
Matthew Macfadyen - the voice does it.
Alan Rickman - voice again
Gary Lightbody - Snowpatrol
Andrew Scott
Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp)

TerriBull Sat 24-Aug-19 11:58:07

The "hot priest" in Fleabag, oh yes! why weren't there any priests like him when I was growing up grin
Matthew Rhys - Welsh actor who has departed to Hollywood sad but comes back from time to time was magnificent in "Death comes to Pemberley" a much more attractive Darcy than Colin Firth, who never did it for me, either with or without a wet shirt! [fat face syndrome - all wrong for George VI] imo
Brad Pitt - Saw him recently in "Once upon a time in Hollywood" he's aging well still looks good for 55, face more lined, but hey 10 or so years with Angelina explains a lot! I don't like it when he does those funny beards though.
Barack Obama - very attractive man, albeit in a rather detached and cool way.
I did like Johnny Depp at one time but he's gone off quite a bit of late.
Thierry Godard "Gilou" in Spiral, archetypal French cool, does look as if he needs a good wash sometimes, but exudes the gallic je ne sais quoi grin

Boosgran Sat 24-Aug-19 12:01:40

CaroDane ?? ok but I’m not happy

TerriBull Sat 24-Aug-19 12:03:27

"Hot Priest" forgot his name Andrew Scott, I see I'm not alone he has other admirers here!

Sara65 Sat 24-Aug-19 12:07:10

Terribull

Hot priest, most definitely!

Minniemoo Sat 24-Aug-19 12:08:59

People think I'm very odd for this one. But Terry Christian. I've liked him for decades. Just love the way he drones on. Even though I don't necessarily always agree with his views. David Cassidy was my first love.

KatyK Sat 24-Aug-19 12:15:16

Oh yes Barack Obama. That smile!

TerriBull Sat 24-Aug-19 12:20:54

Terry Christian looks like "The Joker" in Batman imo. I do agree he is entertaining to listen to, I either totally agree with him or completely disagree, but I think he's a maverick and I like that about him.

phoenix Sat 24-Aug-19 12:39:13

I blush to admit this, but when I see Noel Fielding I think "have that boy washed and brought to my tent!"

mind you, I was also rather taken with Robbie Coltrane as Fitz in the series "Cracker" blush

Two more different types it's hard to imagine!

soop Sat 24-Aug-19 12:39:54

George Alagiah and Monty Don. Mmmm!

Sara65 Sat 24-Aug-19 12:49:04

I don’t get the Monty Don thing, I find him very dull, and totally unattractive, okay, so it’s only my opinion!

CaroDane Sat 24-Aug-19 12:53:27

Sarah65 I have to warn you, you are dicing with death dissing dear Monty angry

If you come back from Asda and find two crossed burning gardening forks on your lawn, you've brought it on yourself.
Don't say you weren't warned!

crazyH Sat 24-Aug-19 12:54:28

Donny Osmond, Jeremy Vine and my lovely Bradley Walsh

boho43 Sat 24-Aug-19 12:58:36

The Delicious Martin Shaw for me too!

Sara65 Sat 24-Aug-19 13:02:16

CaroDane

I think I realised it may not be a popular opinion!

But you can keep Mr Dull and Dreary all for yourself, just don’t blame me when you die of boredom!

dragonfly46 Sat 24-Aug-19 13:05:23

You must be crazy crazy - Jeremy Vine!!! He is the most opinionated man around - he never listens and always gets it wrong.

CaroDane Sat 24-Aug-19 13:08:04

Sarah65 if you were married to my husband Great Dane, you'd realise just how exciting and thrilling Monty Don is. grin

crazyH Sat 24-Aug-19 13:11:06

oh dragonfly, but he's tall and handsome, and certainly a better presenter than Matthew Wright.

Beckett Sat 24-Aug-19 13:16:00

Jeremy Vine - handsome?????? crazyH When was the last time you had your eyes tested?

humptydumpty Sat 24-Aug-19 13:18:34

The gorgeous Rickard E Grant wink