Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(35 Posts)
12Michael Tue 03-Sep-19 06:14:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another partly cloudy start , with it feeling cooler here in Brackley.
Bus Pass at the ready with trips to Buckingham and then Bicester vice versa, reason I go via Buckingham we have no direct bus link to Bicester since cuts a few years back.
But I do occasionally meet up with former work colleagues in Bicester a brief chat etc, also in Buckingham as well.
Mick

Urmstongran Tue 03-Sep-19 08:34:39

Good morning everyone from sunny Malaga. I have a slight hangover .... oh dear. Met up with my ladies yesterday for wine & tapas, home to eat and then we went out to a bar to see friends - their long holiday had finished - I don’t usually go back out on Mondays (for good reason!). I’m not up for a swim. I think we will go out and eat a full English breakfast.

Congratulations Sprout! Did you have an igloo about a proposal? ?

Sorry to hear your little granddaughter is poorly Marydoll I can imagine your concern for her. I hope she is better soon.

gillybob it’s sad to read that you feel so down. You truly are amazing in all you do for everyone. These last few months have understandably sapped your strength and enthusiasm. Big hugs for you.

I do hope dragonfly’s operation went well.

We have been invited to a silver wedding celebration tonight. As it’s Spain, the party starts at 9:30pm! I may need a siesta this afternoon ....
?

Anniebach Tue 03-Sep-19 08:55:35

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Mapleleaf Tue 03-Sep-19 08:58:20

Good morning everyone,
It's a bright but nippy morning here today. Not sure if the sun is set to remain or disappear.
Many congratulations to you, Sprout. Such lovely news to read. ???
To all feeling under the weather, I hope you soon feel better.
Take care.

Susan56 Tue 03-Sep-19 09:02:31

Good morning from sunny Shropshire.All we had planned for today is a trip to the tip,we are sorting out the garage,it’s going to be a long job.Have had a phone call from my mum so may have to take her to the drs which is a 120 mile round trip, also a message from DD1, she may need us to look after DGD.So not quite sure how the day is going to go!
Congratulations sprout??
Marydoll I hope you and your little granddaughter start to feel better very soon.
Sending love to dragonfly,hope everything went as planned yesterday?
Gilly?for you.
Cornergran and everyone else with worries and illness,hope you are all feeling better soon.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 03-Sep-19 09:07:23

Morning all from a sunny South Notts. The sky is blue and I think it's going to be warm again - though I put the heating on for a little while yesterday evening for the first time.

Congratulations Sprout, now if my memory serves me well, are you the same lady who took a nasty tumble the other day? If he has proposed with you bandaged up, swollen etc then it must be the real thing!

Expecting a visit from sister later for the usual chinwag.

Hope all is well with everyone.

gilbo21 Tue 03-Sep-19 09:13:48

Congratulations sprout, fantastic news. I’ve just had an acupuncture session to try and relieve my anxiety!
Very cloudy and chilly in York!

EllanVannin Tue 03-Sep-19 10:08:20

Good Morning All x
Breezy again ( it's always bloomin' breezy here ) except that you can feel that nip with it now but at least it isn't raining-yet.

Best wishes to Sprout, that'll put a spring in your step !

Thoughts to those who are not so grand and gillybob I can relate to your feelings as I had all that in the past x. It does get better but just keep prepared for the unexpected then nothing comes as too much of a shock.

A couple of B/day cards to write, one to send to Oz to a GS who'll be 30. There are a flurry of Birthdays coming up.
Some shopping, mainly a weeks supply of cat-food but also I'm going to look at jumpers in readiness for winter.

I hope things are okay for everyone today.

Applegran Tue 03-Sep-19 10:33:16

Good morning from lovely Cornwall, where we are spending a few days. Blue sky with white clouds and wind blowing - and views of the sea. Will go for a walk, but mainly be glued to the news. What an extraordinary time this is.

Legs55 Tue 03-Sep-19 10:35:42

Congratulation Sprout, lovely to hear good news.

Good morning all from an overcast Devon, sun is trying to break through without much success. Day for houseworkhmm

I will go out later to check out the Post Office & General Store in the next village. Sadly on Saturday our PO & General Store closed due to owners Retirement, no-one was interested in buying a very profitable business, a sad loss for our Community.sad