Gransnet forums

Chat

I am ridiculously excited about knitting dolls clothes

(32 Posts)
Flossieturner Fri 06-Sep-19 08:26:26

I have 8 GC, 4 boys and 4 girls, with a 22 year gap between the eldest and youngest. I enjoy knitting, but none of the parents like hand knitted children’s clothes. None of the girls have ever been interested in dolls. But now the littlest one who is nearly 4 has made my day. I made her a knitted doll with some clothes and it is her favourite toy when she visits. We recently chose together a dolls clothes patterns and I am eagerly waiting for the wool to arrive.

I was a bit surprised at the expense of the patterns and the wool, but I think I will get as much pleasure making them as she will playing with them.

Lilypops Thu 12-Sep-19 20:01:53

Witzend, Thankyou for the pattern numbers, I will look in my local wool shop for them or if they don't have it , I will go on Amazon ,

Mamissimo Thu 12-Sep-19 21:02:46

I have recently made a wardrobe of clothes for my DGD’s first doll. Because she’s really young the clothes all do up all the way down the back with Velcro. I found lots of patterns on Etsy and it’s worth looking on Pinterest too. eBay is a great source of genuine old knitting patterns. Lovely fun!

Witzend Fri 13-Sep-19 10:58:14

Oldandverygrey, yes, I'm making another set to donate to Dgd's (C of E) school - she's just started reception. If they don't want it for a classroom I thought it might do for a raffle prize - Christmas Fair is late November so I'll have to have it done in plenty of time.
Did the first batch of stuffing and sewing up yesterday - 2 shepherds - but still a lot of knitting and sewing up to go!

Oldandverygrey Fri 13-Sep-19 16:21:24

You sound busy Witzend, I get many requests to knit poppies, am happy to do it but I ask could they make a small donation to the British Legion.

travelsafar Fri 13-Sep-19 17:02:04

I love knitting and with the addition of a new great nephew in July my needles have been busy. Both the outfits i made have been used, i have photos to prove it and his mother told me she was waiting for other mum's at baby group to ask where she got them from!!! smile. I am now on a third outfit at her request, so nice to be needed and appreciated.

Flossieturner Sat 14-Sep-19 07:51:51

So an update. In my excitement I ordered the wrong wool. chunky instead of DN. I have made my self a lovely scarf and will make dolls blankets with the chunky. I have some DK now so have cracked on with the pattern. It is for quite a big doll so I might have to get a new doll too.