Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you remember?Scraps.

(32 Posts)
kircubbin2000 Sat 07-Sep-19 18:40:54

I used to love scraps when I was about 10 in the 50s. They were coloured stickers on various themes, animals,dolls, sport etc. We used to pass the shop after school to buy a new set to put in a scrapbook. There was something magic about them.

Gonegirl Sat 07-Sep-19 21:03:13

Am I the only one who got them from Sunday School? Right little angel I was. grin

annodomini Sat 07-Sep-19 21:22:39

I'd forgotten all about scraps - the paper kind. There were flowery ones but the most popular and the ones most frequently swapped were the variously coloured angels/cherubs.

paddyann Sat 07-Sep-19 21:38:39

Amazon have them I started a collection for my girlies,I got lovely sparkly christmas ones last year and they loved them.

I know gender specific yoys are not the way forward..but if that what they like.They are also into cars in a big way.their dad teaches racing drivers to drive so scraps are fine

sodapop Sat 07-Sep-19 21:50:33

I remember both. The ones from the fish shop and the ones for the scrap book. Many a wet afternoon spent with my scrap book. I have seen them on line but can't remember where.

Bathsheba Sat 07-Sep-19 21:53:58

I have no recollection of these at all! All of you who remember them are either much older or much younger than me wink.

Chip shops round here used to give out bags of scribbles, but not any more. I used to love them don't suppose my arteries did though

paddyann Sun 08-Sep-19 00:01:27

I was going through our attic last year and came across some books from when I was about 10 and in each page was a scrap .thats what prompted me to buy some for my GD's.We love swapping scraps at playtime