Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Thu 12-Sep-19 06:11:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dull grey start here in Brackley this morning , the days seem to be drawing in each week.
I am doing my usual bus trips , plus close to where I live we have the towns annual fair, so I will be hearing some of the noise in the evenings.
Mick

Alygran Thu 12-Sep-19 08:12:56

Gilly crossed posts.
Sending love, hugs and flowers

dragonfly46 Thu 12-Sep-19 08:17:53

Good to hear from you gilly. We missed you yesterday.
So sorry to hear about your back - not what you need on top of everything else.

moggie Thu 12-Sep-19 08:24:29

Good morning Mick & all from a dry, bright start in Nottingham. Kitchen removal starts today.
Thinking of you & your DH Gillybob
Glad you’re feeling better Dragonfly & Marydoll feels better soon
All on holiday continue to enjoy.
Have a good everyone ?

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 12-Sep-19 08:26:02

Good morning from east London, it was bright and sunny but is now cloudy; however, the man on the radio has said I can wear shorts for tennis this morning (24C forecast). Builders still working on the bathroom (thankfully we have an outside netty but it could be a busy place with 6-7 people in the house). School run this afternoon with possibly a swimming lesson thrown in, then choir tonight. Hope you have a good day.

Harris27 Thu 12-Sep-19 08:31:00

Hope things start to get better gillybob you do have a lot to put up with. Hope your back feels a bit better soon. I’m back at work and at hospital next Thursday hopefully with a date for next op to remove stone not in pain but stent little uncomfortable. Can’t afford to stay off work so doing my best. You all take care and have the best day you can.

Greyduster Thu 12-Sep-19 08:31:21

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dry at the moment in South Yorkshire. I am having a much needed haircut this morning and then a visit to my niece who I haven’t managed to catch up with for a while. We are out in the sticks this evening watching GS play football. If it overruns, it may end up being a dark sky experience!
Thinking of you Gilly?. Have a good day folks.

Feelingmyage55 Thu 12-Sep-19 08:41:59

Morning - I have left off the “good” today because it is clearly not a great one for gilly and marydoll. If only it could all be kissed better like we do for children. Nearly but not quite sunny here and I am off to lunch with special friends which will cheer me up after vampire treatment for the nurse.

Feelingmyage55 Thu 12-Sep-19 08:42:55

FROM the nurse ?

Anniebach Thu 12-Sep-19 08:59:01

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Dragonfly, Marydoll gilly. hugs x

oldgaijin Thu 12-Sep-19 09:01:05

Good morning from an overcast Aberdeenshire.. The mutt has had a morning pee and is cuddled beside me while I drink my tea.

I'm on the last chemo cycle, with one dose to go, hurrah. Yesterday was a shambles...arrived for 10.30 appointment to find that the script hadn't been signed and the docs were in a meeting. Finally signed at 1.30p.m. And it took two hours for the chemo to be made up in pharmacy. I was a tired wee girl when I came home so this is going to be a duvet day, SLEEPING! The NHS is wonderful, but they do work at their own pace.

Have a great day everyone.

dragonfly46 Thu 12-Sep-19 09:06:21

Know what you mean oldgaijin about the NHS. Everything which would take me 10 minutes to complete takes hours.

Susan56 Thu 12-Sep-19 09:20:23

Glad to hear from you gilly.So sorry you have hurt your back on top of everything else,hoping for a speedy recovery for you??
Sounds like the consultant realises the urgency of your husbands operation,I really hope you get a date soon.
Thinking of you both?

EllanVannin Thu 12-Sep-19 10:41:22

Good Morning All x
Dull morning so I've noticed, as I thought I'd get yesterdays dry washing, ironed while I felt like. I'm no good at jobs in the afternoons ! The energy saps.

Then breakfast, showered and dressed waiting for the prescription delivery, then maybe Asda.

All you brave ladies with illnesses and treatments and here's me avoiding the GP's like the plague when I should be sorting my " skin problems " out. I wish you all well. It's because of reading about those who are worse off healthwise that also holds me back too, especially when I'm not ill in myself.

Thinking of the Gillybob household and sorry to learn that things aren't as forthcoming as you'd like. What a nuisance !

Have a good day everyone, home and abroad.
Good job you weren't in/near Magaluf ? when they had their storm, Urmstongran. It looked a tad scary.

Hymnbook Thu 12-Sep-19 11:13:17

Morning. Should have been meeting my sister today. Had a bad night not much sleep. Stomach in spasm. Got alot on my mind. Decisions to make can't think clearly at the moment. Weather cloudy and windy. Hope everyone had a good day.

Legs55 Thu 12-Sep-19 11:51:58

Good morning all, sun, cloud, wind, blue sky, take your pick here in Devon. I've been out to Podiatrist this morning (NHS as I'm Diabetic & have Peripheral Neoropathy), lovely young man has done my feet & nails I can put varnish on again grin

Lots of jobs to do both in the house & garden, I'd rather be in the garden but I think I'll end up doing bits indoorshmm

Wishing those of you with health problems & dealing with family members with health problems the outcomes you desire flowers