Gransnet forums

Chat

I shouldn't laugh but ........

(27 Posts)
Willow500 Thu 12-Sep-19 11:37:30

We have finally gotten round to decorating my husband's bedroom which of course means the whole upstairs is a mess (why does it affect every room?!). We spent yesterday emptying it out and moving furniture, clearing out 10 years of clothes which no longer fit him (4 large bags currently in my car for the charity shop), dismantling the wardrobe he's always hated and setting him up in the spare single bedroom. This morning he is at work so I went in to wake him at 5.45 only to hear him mumbling something about the floor. I opened the door again and looked properly and there he was in bed actually on the floor - the bed had collapsed during the night and the mattress had fallen through the frame! I was naturally full of concern as I came downstairs but secretly found it quite funny. Things that go bump in the night grin

callgirl1 Fri 13-Sep-19 23:54:00

Flower, you`ve just reminded me of when I was 8 months pregnant. Our toilet was down the dellar steps and across the back yard. One night my husband and BIL were in the front room playing darts, and I was in the kitchen with my SIL brewing tea. I was desperate for a wee, neither of us wanted to go out in the dark, so she grabbed a plastic bucket from under the sink, saying "use this". I sat on it...…………..and it split in 2! The men wondered why we were laughing!