Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday.

(32 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 25-Sep-19 06:58:23

Just opening up, as I can't see a thread. Fingers crossed!

ninathenana Wed 25-Sep-19 07:03:30

Morning Mary and all to follow

Very dark here in Kent. Our corner was lucky yesterday, there was flooding 30 miles up the road. We have more rain forecast. Not sure what the day holds.
Hope you all have a good one and that you are feeling a little better Mary.

Lins1066 Wed 25-Sep-19 07:10:48

Good Morning Marydoll,Nina and all who follow.
I've been waiting for someone to open up, been awake for ages. Heavy rain here on S Welsh Coast.
DH is watching the rugby World Cup.

Have a good day everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 25-Sep-19 07:11:25

Goodmorning Marydoll, ninathenanna and all following.

Hope Mick is enjoying the cycling and hasn't been soaked!

Greyish here in SE Essex, off to Chelmsford to buy gifts for our new GS later, then just waiting to find out when Mummy and Baby will be home.

Keep dry and have a good day x

NanKate Wed 25-Sep-19 07:13:13

Morning Mary and Nina and All to follow.

Yes hope you are feeling more chipper Mary. How is your cough?

Can only spend 15 mins on my IPad now as I need to get a move on as we are packing up and going down to Sussex to look after our 2 young rascals.

Hope it doesn’t rain on the dratted M25.

Beechnut Wed 25-Sep-19 07:14:07

Good Morning Mary and nina and all who follow.
Cloudy with a bright spot from my bedroom window.
Off to get my parcel from the Post Office as I didn’t hear the doorbell when the postman came yesterday. It was probably when I turned up a favourite song on the iPod.
Later I will potter and finish a framing the birthday card from DD and get things ready for my craft class.
I see you’ve added another word to your work place description on last nights thread gilly ?

I hope you all have a good day and take care of yourselves ?

dragonfly46 Wed 25-Sep-19 07:14:22

Good morning Mary and nina from dark damp Leicestershire.

Visiting my mum today as she is 99 today! I have been neglecting her recently as so will make up for it today. She will not know what’s happening but I will feel better. I have had regular updates that she is okay.

Then I need to get my haircut and if I have any energy left coffee with a friend.

BlueSapphire Wed 25-Sep-19 07:17:13

Good morning everyone. Raining again here in Northampton.

Book club this morning. And the AGM of our ladies' wine club club tonight, which will be very short before we get down to the serious business of wine-tasting. DD (who is our treasurer) is coming over for tea first. We shall line our stomachs with Spaghetti Amatriciana.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

Marydoll Wed 25-Sep-19 07:21:16

Good morning all from a damp and dreary Glasgow.
I have been up and about after the glass of water I was taking for my sore throat, flew out of my hand and all over the bed!!!

The weather won't matter to me anyway, as we will be looking after our very poorly wee granddaughter.
No nursery for her today , as her asthma has got worse and she is running a temp.
There are three patients, DGD, myself (stoically battling on, as we women do ) and Papa who is still suffering from man flu , (I'm suffering too, listening to him ) who will be no use to man nor beast today! grin.
Why are men such bad patients? ? You have a COLD, not double pneumonia!! (Wo)man up!

It will be an easy day, (I hope) not much getting done and I think something from the freezer for dinner to make life easy.
I'm in the middle of a shoe cull, as part of my Dostadning, however, I'm finding it difficult to part with the many pairs, I can no longer wear, sad which I have collected for work over the last twenty years: the six inch stilettoes may still be wearable one day! grin A girl is allowed to dream! wink

Dragonfly, I'm glad you went to get checked out yesterday and Gilly, so sorry about the cancelled holiday. My friend phoned last night to tell me his holiday with TUI has been cancelled on Sunday, as it was on a Thomas Cook flight.sad

Take care whatever your plans.

harrigran Wed 25-Sep-19 07:22:29

Good morning from a grey NE, been around for ages but I am not a designated deputy so didn't like to open the thread.
DH will be going to meet up with old work colleagues this afternoon, I use the time to catch up on recoded TV programmes.

NfkDumpling Wed 25-Sep-19 07:24:46

Morning All

A brightening sky after much welcome overnight rain here in Norfolk.

We’ve got to read the Book again to see why the electrics in our new camper van isn’t doing what it should. We may need to ask DGD2 (aged just 10) for her help. Too complicated for our brains.

Brunette10 Wed 25-Sep-19 07:30:39

Good Morning from a dull damp Fife. Had lots of rain through the night but it's finally come to a stop. Sorry to hear of everyone that's feeling under the weather, it so brings you down. Have DGS2 today whilst the DGS1 is at nursery. DH still feeling under the weather but like Marydolll I have given him a few sensible words in his ear IT'S JSUT A COLD. Hope everyone manages to get through today.

Zaiba78 Wed 25-Sep-19 07:35:08

Morning everyone, on my daily commute to work from London to Buckinghamshire.
A grey morning so far, but at least it’s not cold!
Enjoy your day!smile

Harris27 Wed 25-Sep-19 07:38:39

Cold dull and grey ne. Need to say in bed but have to work and have busy day ahead. Sons office doing the macmillan day tomorrow so I will be baking tonight. Doing quiche and cakes. All for a good cause. Happy Wednesday all.

cornergran Wed 25-Sep-19 07:38:45

Morning All. Just opened the curtains to see huge puddles joining up to make a lake. Apparently it will clear later, that would be good as I could do with some fresh air to clear a streamer of a cold. Other than that a quiet day ahead here. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

NannyJan53 Wed 25-Sep-19 07:44:32

Good morning from beautiful Croatia! We are staying on Korcula at the moment, then onto Hvar next week.

So sad for anyone caught up with Thomas Cook flights.

Off to explore further today

Have a good day everyone

Grammaretto Wed 25-Sep-19 08:01:26

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it's dry so far.
I look forward to Wednesdays. I try to keep it free for craft group followed by lunch at the local cafe.
It's our German helper's last day with us. We will miss him.
Happy birthday Dragonfly's mum.
The world has changed much since 1920.
I hope baby Gravy gets home soon.
Marydoll get better soon!

gillybob Wed 25-Sep-19 08:09:13

Good morning from the NE coast where we have had heavy rain all night and it’s still coming down in sheets....getting heavier as I type.

DH slept right through the night for the first time in I can’t remember how long, so technically I should feel all bright eyed and bushy tailed today, instead of zombiefied as I normally do.

I heard on the radio that there were travellers with other companies also effected by the collapse of TC if one of their journeys involved a TC flight Marydoll which seems crackers as surely they could pay someone else to operate it for them? Probably just too short notice . I can’t imagine there are many spare planes and pilots waiting around for a job. Such a shame.

My DGS was poorly at school yesterday (I had to pick him up early ) so doubt the school will have him in today. I might end up having to bring him with me to “that place” which will not be much fun for him. Await instructions from DDiL .

Thank you for sharing your lovely holiday photo with us NannyJan how beautiful it looks . I hope you have the best time smile

Sorry for those not feeling very well at the moment and very glad you “did as you were told” dragonfly and got things checked out. I hope you are okay .

I bet you can’t wait to get your hands on your new baby GrannyGravy huge congratulations to you. smile

Well to everyone else , have a good Wednesday, stay out of trouble if you can. I’m off to “that bleedin’place” again for another wild and exciting day ..... roll on 2029 ! xx

Urmstongran Wed 25-Sep-19 08:11:10

Good morning everyone from a mild, damp South Manchester where the sky is grey but in the distance is a slice of brightness so hopefully the sun will be out later. Not that it makes any difference as we have no plans at all today - might watch a film this afternoon (that always seems wonderfully decadent!)

Welcome to you Zaiba78 on your train (I assume) if you are new.

I’m sure I can’t be the only one who’s going to have a peep at anne’s ‘what I did today’ thread to see what gillybob’s new word is!

Sorry to her your granddaughter has a temperature Marydoll and is joining you both on the poorly ward today. Again, I laughed at your water episode - bet it woke your husband as you shrieked!

Amazing that your mum is 99y dragonfly

Bet you are looking forward to buying those baby gifts GG13 and finding something to spoil your daughter in law. What a magical time in a family.

Hope Wednesday is good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

kittylester Wed 25-Sep-19 08:12:00

Morning all from a greyish Cornwall.

Hoping to go to Falmouth on the foot ferry today but we could be going home if there has been more rain. The poor girl who feeds our cats discovered that the hall ceiling was pouring (again!!!) and was looking very ominous!

Thinking of crowd funding for a new roof as replacing the existing one is looking inevitable. sad

Teal Wed 25-Sep-19 08:12:13

Good Morning everyone, it’s raining again in the NE. We had some localised flooding in our area yesterday so hoping the rain eases today.
Another work day today , yesterday I found out I have an interview tomorrow for a post I applied for, so today will be spent preparing for that.
Have a good day everyone ?

Greyduster Wed 25-Sep-19 08:20:31

Good morning, all GNs. Hope Mick will get one or two dry days for the cycling. I have an awful cold and have been up sneezing most of the night. We have been relieved of the school run today so if it stays dry we will have a walk and some lunch out. DH is to football this evening, so catchup tv for me. Have a good day, folks.

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 25-Sep-19 08:20:52

Good morning from east London, rain has stopped for the moment, it was tanking down earlier, but at least it’s mild. Not holding out much hope for tennis this morning, even if the sun comes out, the courts may well not dry in time. I suppose there are other things I can be doing while dodging the builders. School pick up and gymnastics for GD later on. Yesterday she insisted we have a girls club in her bedroom and I would be a vet with her providing clients (teddies, rabbits, hippo and lion). What she doesn’t know is one of the dreams I harboured in my teens was becoming a vet until I realised my sciences were never going to be good enough and I was actually a little bit afraid of some animals and of being bitten. Have a good day.

Greyduster Wed 25-Sep-19 08:22:00

I will have a fish down the back of the sofa for your roof fund, Kitty!?

Pittcity Wed 25-Sep-19 08:23:50

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester. I am back in my old routine after a busy Summer and am off to the weekly coffee meetup in town.
This afternoon I will contemplate the holiday laundry......