Gransnet forums

Chat

Bed time rituals anyone ?

(34 Posts)
Ninarosa Tue 01-Oct-19 20:39:49

Just been reading a thread about duvets. It seems that crackly down duvets are much disliked. I love my crispy crackly duvet, the noisier the better as I climb into bed. I sometimes have a little fight with it just to provoke it.
Do you have any hygge bedtime routines, something that inspires pleasure, and anticipation of a a hopefully good night's rest ?

Urmstongran Thu 03-Oct-19 22:31:29

Haha! And why not? I’m trying to think of something to add to the thread .... doh!

annep1 Thu 03-Oct-19 22:35:25

Indeed well spotted Ninarosa
Gemini ?
Bradfordlass so true.

My pillow is thumped into shape every morning.
Cleanse my face and brush my hair vigorously in the hope it will improve the thinness. Listen to Classic fm whilst GNetting and sometimes having milk and a rich tea biscuit. Pjs or satin nightie depending on room temperature. Pyjama trousers always end up in a bundle on the floor at some stage.
If I can't sleep I listen to a 10 min meditation or do a God bless list of everyone I love and often fall asleep before it's finished.
Goodnight all.

DanniRae Fri 04-Oct-19 09:15:09

I sleep in a vest type t-shirt and my knickers - pj bottoms near by for putting on in the morning. I take my statin tablet and I always have a bottle of water by me - just tap water BTW. I snuggle down on my left side - immediately thinking how amazingly comfortable my pillow is. It will have had a shake and a pummel when the bed was made. I do a short prayer of thanks for myself and my family coming safely through the day then 99 times out of 100 I drop off to sleep. I usually wake about 2.30 for the loo and manage this without putting any light on and then straight back to sleep zzzzzzzz smile

Rufus2 Fri 04-Oct-19 10:41:54

Don't encourage me Urmstongran, I love an audience !
Nina; What can you do with "Commando style?" wink

Ninarosa Fri 04-Oct-19 15:50:42

Ok Rufus2
Naughtily natural freedom for fa...ies.
And the word isn't fairies.

Rufus2 Sat 05-Oct-19 11:22:46

OK 2U Nina: I've counted 3 dots, but it doesn't fit with anything in my lexicon confused : I trust it conforms with GN guidelines even though you've resorted to using "naughtily"!
I guess "fai...ies" must be a Pommie euphemism for "tackle". That would certainly describe the situation as we approach our hot summer nights, I hope! grin

Ninarosa Sat 05-Oct-19 23:22:33

Ah one too many dots, sorry about that Rufus2. Yes, Pommie slang.
Here's a clean one : Commando? cold certainly ( as our winter approaches ), but fuss free freedom.

DanniRae Sun 06-Oct-19 10:20:56

This has got a bit smutty for me so I am not going to post any more shock