Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Fri 11-Oct-19 06:16:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, wet and windy here in Brackley this morning.
May after my weekly shop, nip into Banbury for awhile later , but otherwise stay put.
Mick

vena11 Fri 11-Oct-19 09:01:18

Good morning from a very wet Bristol, food shop today .
Best of luck Marydoll and I hope everyone has a lovely Friday.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 11-Oct-19 09:10:10

Goodmorning Mick and all.

Hope you get your procedure Marydoll.

TGIF Gilly ??

Goodmorning Anniebach ?

Hope you all have a peaceful and fulfilling Friday.

We are back home and I am in my own bed looking out at a very grey, wet and windy SEEssex.

We had a fabulous time in Edinburgh managed to dodge the rain but the wind was relentless I had to purchase a "wee pink arran bobble hat" as the wind was hurting my ears. I have never been before but hopefully we will return.

Nail appointment at lunchtime then hopefully popping into S and DIL for a cuddle with our new GS. This evening it will be dinner out somewhere with eldest son as he is flying back to Kenya tomorrow.

GrannySomerset Fri 11-Oct-19 09:15:37

Awoke to find lots of cars parked in our (higher) bit of the road so there must have been a flood alert in the night. River has dropped back a bit but is still very high so we could be in for a more interesting weekend than is desirable.

Hope our lunch guests are not affected by all this surplus water. Just off to make a Delia apple and almond pud - if all else fails we like it!

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 11-Oct-19 09:21:09

Good morning from east London, miserable and dull at the moment (and that’s just me as I’ve spent ages trying to get ‘black on white’ back on the iPad after last night’s update). Tennis tonight for a change, just hope the wind drops. Back to stripping the tomato plants this morning, may have a school pickup later/taxi to her dad’s. Have a good day.

Urmstongran Fri 11-Oct-19 09:28:10

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s chucking it down. It’s mild enough but as I look down over the balcony, everyone is in big coats, boots and carrying huge umbrellas. The clocks go back too in a couple of weeks so we are turning the corner into winter. Halloween, Bonfire Night and that ‘C’ word ...

It’s not just this week that’s flown by harrigran - where’s the year gone?

‘Cuddle duty’ for a baby in a growbag - too cute Maw
Such a gorgeous puppy with a sweet face desjumeaux17 (I had to check your spelling there! Where do you post from? France? Belgium? Salford? (heh!)

I shall keep you in my thoughts Marydoll as you asked. I know you’re hoping for the best but preparing for disappointment too. It’s a stressful time for you right now.

gillybob your washer mended AND it’s Friday! I bet your cup of joy is overflowing this morning.

Hope Friday is good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

Auntieflo Fri 11-Oct-19 09:29:36

Morning Michael, Annie, and all.
Woken up to a grey and wet day here.
To Marydoll, all best wishes for the angiogram.☺️
You all sound a busy lot, and I am itching to be able to get out and about again soon.
Freezer has been well used and kept us going in prepared meals, but the fresh fruit and veg has run out. Apart from a couple of wizened carrots and sad nectarines.
BlueSapphire, hope the visit from the bathroom fitter goes well, and it's always good to be patient enough to wait for a good workman.
Gillybob, enjoy your weekend and chinese laundry
Your puppy looks like he could be a mischief Dejumeaux17
Have a good day one and all.

Sprout Fri 11-Oct-19 09:34:53

Morning Mick and all. Wet windy horrid here in Kent. Home here til Sunday when I permanently move to Essex. Sad but also very happy time. Will be busy now arranging my marriage next year. So exciting. And at my time of life and after a happy 53yrs marriage to find a lovely partner again is amazing. Well have a good day everyone.

EllanVannin Fri 11-Oct-19 09:40:38

Good morning All x.
Damp and dreary but still so far which usually indicates the calm before the storm so will get whatever I need before the gales.

Hope the angiogram goes ahead alright Marydoll, make sure you rest afterwards and take it easy----if you can.
Those under the weather I hope things improve for you.

I'll be mooching through my clothes to see what to wear for tomorrow night when I join the family. I'm such a cold individual that every part of me will have to be covered even though the venue will be warm. I'll find something without looking too much like Nanook of the North.

Fridays soon come along when you're not working, gillybob.
Have a good day everyone.

Barmeyoldbat Fri 11-Oct-19 09:41:11

Good morning all, boy did it rain last night but its stopped now and its looking bright.

Hope all goes well today Marydoll and be kind to yourself. That puppy, whow, we, well me really, is thinking of getting a puppy and seeing Dejumeaux17 makes me want one all the more.
Just had breakfast and need to do a bit of admin for my daughter then I am going into Bristol to meet my lovely scruffy son for lunch and a chat. Then I off to Lidls to buy up their stock of Polish honey that they sell now and again at knock down prices.
Have a good day one and all`

moggie Fri 11-Oct-19 09:43:58

Good morning Mick & all raining in Nottingham. Shopping & catch up on ironing.
?for your angiogram marydoll all goes well.
It’s Friday gillybob
Good luck with puppy classes
desjumeaux & Lins1066 enjoy dog sitting.
Hope your volunteering visit goes wellsar53
Hope all not feeling well are better soon. Have a good day everyone.

Mapleleaf Fri 11-Oct-19 09:46:01

Good morning,

It's a damp, grey one here today, as greyduster says.

I hope you get your angiogram done today, Marydoll.

Glad to hear you had a lovely anniversary day, kitty and belated congratulations to you and Mr Kitty.

Welcome to GN, dejumeaux. Your puppy looks adorable and full of mischief!

I think a new suite sounds a good idea, if possible, BlueSapphire, then everything will match.

Well, it's Friday, gilly - hooray!

No fantastic plans here today. I will be putting together a stew shortly to go in the slow pot so that it can sit happily until DH gets in from work which can vary from 6 until 8 depending on the traffic. (Occasionally it's been even longer, so hoping that won't be the case today).

To all feeling under the weather today, I hope you soon feel brighter.

gillybob Fri 11-Oct-19 09:46:17

Good morning to all the late comers. Hope you all have a good Friday. x

Grammaretto Fri 11-Oct-19 10:14:52

Sorry you'd a wet visit to Edinburgh grannygravy
It's bright sunshine now.

redsue Fri 11-Oct-19 10:25:19

Morning all

It's a very miserable looking day outside in Brum but at least it's not raining yet so might just go for a little walk around the block.

Hymnbook Fri 11-Oct-19 11:28:37

Morning. Rainy windy am in Huthwaite. Meeting my sisters this pm to view a flat in a brand new complex in Sherwood over looking woodthorpe park. Very undecided about moving. Smaller than where l live now what to do with all my stuff.

Sweetcheek Fri 11-Oct-19 11:51:11

Good morning (just)
Sick of the wet and windy weather here on the South Coast, most likely staying put today again, doing some baking and bits and bobs, all a bit boring really
Never mind I can play some tunes to cheer me up ?

Feelingmyage55 Fri 11-Oct-19 11:54:39

Just in time to say good morning and best wishes to all with appointments especially marydoll. Happy Friday everyone else. Helping my friend this morning so now we are going to reward ourselves with lunch.

mrsgreenfingers56 Fri 11-Oct-19 11:57:51

Horrible morning here in Lancashire, pouring down and the garden looks very sad.
Well done NannyJan53 for your Hotter boots find at £10, wow what a steal!
Doing some sewing and will try and have another go at a knitting pattern I am struggling with.
Have a good day everyone.