Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Sun 13-Oct-19 06:11:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark , but its raining here in Brackley this morning.
Today, after my short stay in MK yesterday , going on the bus both ways.
Today, I have booked at a pub in Banbury for a Sunday roast, but my visit to the town is due to a 100th anniversary of the local bus garage , they will be having some vintage "Midland Red" buses on display and also giving rides.
Mick

MawB Sun 13-Oct-19 06:16:20

Good morning Mick and all to come. I think it was the rain which woke me around 3.30, that plus Hattie and I have now read the Sunday paper online, done the crossword and code words, read a bit of my book and am still wide awake nearly three hours later.
I might be worrying about DD doing the Birmingham Half Marathon or about Scotland’s chances in Japan, but I would prefer to be asleep! ?
However, I hope you have a pleasant Sunday!

Susan56 Sun 13-Oct-19 07:00:25

Good morning Mick, Maw and all to come.Heavy rain today in Shropshire.
Well,I am just off to do a 12 hour shift in the pharmacy.I have done several shifts since I retired but this is the first long day.I didn’t realise it was a long shift when I said I would do it,thought it would be the usual four hours but hey ho it will come and it will go.
Marydoll,hope you are feeling better.?
Gilly,I hope your husband is getting treatment and feeling better and that you have managed some sleep.?
Dragonfly and all feeling unwell or with worries sending love and strength.

Beechnut Sun 13-Oct-19 07:09:49

Good Morning everyone.
Dark here and is going to be wet today on Severnside.

Off to the dog swim at Cheltenham lido today.

gilly I hope that things are going in the right direction for your husband regarding some treatment and please do remember to look after yourself.

I hope you all have a good day ?

Urmstongran Sun 13-Oct-19 07:25:19

Good morning everyone from a dry but dark South Manchester. Up early - as to set the alarm, horrid thing - as we depart for Oldham at 8am, picking dad up on the way. Then I get dropped off to be with my aunt and my uncle gets in and the 3 musketeers head off up to Plockton, stopping at Loch Lomond for a small picnic en route.

We both feel a bit achey this morning. Perhaps having our ‘flu jabs yesterday wasn’t the wisest. Sorry husband who will be sharing the drive!

Hope Saturday is kind to us all whether we have any plans or none. x

giulia Sun 13-Oct-19 07:26:56

Good morning everyone. It's is my first time on this thread so be kind to me.

Have been awake and up since five a.m., so read through Gransnet and had early breakfast on tiptoe as husband still sleeping.

Have to make myself beautiful as am off to my five-year-old grandson's birthday party at ten o'clock in some warehouse with bouncy castles etc., and my co-grandmother (Italian) is always really smart. Mustn't let the side down.

Guess what he wanted as a present: a little chain bracelat with a black and White football charm as is already a keen Juventus fan!

Here, outside Rome, weather still warm, but misty at the moment.

My love to dear old Britain. I miss you.

BlueSapphire Sun 13-Oct-19 07:31:39

Good morning everyone from a very wet Northampton. At least I've no plans to go anywhere today. I shall just read the papers, do the puzzle pages and watch some rugby on tv. Happy that my team beat our arch rivals Leicester yesterday, an away match too; it's always good to win at Welford Road!

Spent some of yesterday choosing stuff for my new cloakroom - have found some nice floor and wall tiles, and visited the bathroom showroom. All noted down and the fitter will get a list of stuff to order. He will be surprised I've made my mind up so quickly!

Hope that all goes well today, especially for those who are feeling poorly or with poorly family.

aggie Sun 13-Oct-19 07:42:20

Good Morning all , it is a bit grey out there , and the heating has come on .
Giulia welcome to the thread , my Daughter and family are going to Rome for half term , I hope it keeps warm for them

kittylester Sun 13-Oct-19 07:48:03

Good morning all from a North Leicestershire which is soggy both inside and out. Not much roof repairing going on then.

Welcome quilia, this thread is never anything other than gentle. Enjoy the party.

My job today is to attempt to clean the carpet where the ceiling landed and to empty the vacuum as dh couldn't do it!!confused

Hoping for good news from gilly, that marydoll actually did sit down and that everyone else is well.

Brunette10 Sun 13-Oct-19 07:58:42

Good Morning from a dry and bright Fife. Very still and peaceful out at the moment. You are very welcome giulia, hope you enjoy this thread, we are all nice smile. Some chores to do today and that's it, will get out for a longish walk I hope. Marydoll and Gilly hope things are better for you both today. Hope everyone has a good day.

Marydoll Sun 13-Oct-19 07:59:26

Good morning Mick and all all from a very misty Glasgow.
Mick your day out sounds fun!

Welcome Guilia, you will find us all very gentle, we don't allow anything else. I'm not long back from Rome, my thirty third visit, it's my where my heart lies, I would love to be there all the time. However, I would be bankrupt, as I can't resist the shopping.
Don't worry about the Italian granny, I'm sure you will give her a run for her money! smile

Well, for the first time in ages, I actually followed orders and did what I was told.
I'm still feeling a bit yukky and have two very black and blue arms, I look as if I have beeen in a boxing match! grin. However, I'm in a much happier place mentally than I have been for months, now that know what is actually wrong with me and I have an idea what the future holds, healthwise..
I just need to do what I'm told. That's the difficult part. grin
Instead of taking all week to ready the Sunday times, I plan to sit and read it all today, a first!
DH has offered to wash my hair for me ( heaven help me ) and make Sunday dinner, ( heaven help us all! )
Oh, I sound so ungrateful!

I have been worrying about Gilly and hoping for better news this morning. I just wish someone could bring some joy into her life. [flowers}

Have a good day, whatever you are doing.

cornergran Sun 13-Oct-19 08:06:24

Morning Mick, morning All and yes, it’s still raining in our corner of Somerset. Plumber came, hooray. He found another problem but that’s not urgent so he’ll sort it in a couple of weeks and assured me it’s a small, easy job. Hope so or he may have to move in.

Faffing about day for me today. Some things to put in the upper storage facility, aka the loft, others to bring down. I am determined the spare room will look like a bedroom not a dumping ground.

Good luck with the carpet kitty, perhaps a training session for mr lester and the vacuum. It’s the other way round here, I’ve no clue how to empty ours. Oops. Hello giulia, warm and misty is preferable to cold and rainy, hope the party goes well.

I’m joining people hoping that gilly has had some positive news and marydoll did rest and indeed will still rest. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

cornergran Sun 13-Oct-19 08:07:36

Well done marydoll. Keep resting, smile.

dragonfly46 Sun 13-Oct-19 08:19:39

Good morning - I haven’t looked outside yet.

Not much on today - just admin and maybe a few miles on my exercise bike!

Thinking of you gilly I hope your DH is being treated.
Pleased to hear you are feeling happier Marydoll it is always easier when you know what you are dealing with.
The thought of your ceiling gives me nightmares kitty the rain must stop soon surely?
Welcome giulia.

harrigran Sun 13-Oct-19 08:19:49

Good morning from an overcast NE.
No plans for today, will read the newspapers and catch up on some TV.
Thinking of you gilly and hoping Mr gilly is being well cared for.

NannyJan53 Sun 13-Oct-19 08:33:08

Good morning from a very rainy South Staffordshire ( stayed over at DD's last night).

It is SIL's birthday today, but he is already out rowing!

Will pop in to visit Mum on way home.

I remember the Midland Red buses Mick, happy days smile

Hoping to hear better news from gillybob regarding her DH. Really hoping he is much better

Pleased to hear you are feeling more positive Marydoll

NannyJan53 Sun 13-Oct-19 08:35:05

Missed out saying welcome to giulia, You will find this is a very friendly and welcoming thread. I visited Rome 6 years ago, and would love to go back.

Marydoll Sun 13-Oct-19 08:37:30

I too meant to say Kitty, that I hope the rain stops. It must be a nightmare for you.
It's not just the water, it's all the mess and damage it causes before it is fixed.

Grammaretto Sun 13-Oct-19 08:42:44

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I have slept in but probably needed to. We have a house full but they are adults and know how to boil a kettle. Gardening today if it stays dry.
Sending virtual hugs to Gillybob and to Marydoll and all who are poorly today.
It is Sunday Urmstongran by the way unless I'm on the wrong thread.
Welcome giulia enjoy the party.

NanKate Sun 13-Oct-19 08:50:09

Morning Mick and All.

A big welcome Giulia. You have come to one if the friendliest threads on GN in my opinion. We all try to keep up with each other’s news and be supportive.

Sorry Kitty you are still in a soggy mess. Just like NannyJ I remember the Midland Red buses and in fact used to go on one to school, so do let us know Mick how your visit goes.

So pleased Mary that you feel more relaxed now you have your results of your health checks and have a new regime for your tablets. Best of luck if your DH cooks the lunch, he sounds a ‘good un’ as we used to say.

Still grey and more rain here in soggy South Bucks.

Anniebach Sun 13-Oct-19 08:54:00

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Can’t say more , in despair,

Hope everyone has a good day x

ninathenana Sun 13-Oct-19 08:58:00

A late good morning from Kent.
It rained all evening and last night but is now dry, grey and windy.
DH has gone to the plot to order his spuds to plant for next year.
Several rugby matches will be watched in this house today.
Have a good day everyone.

gillybob Sun 13-Oct-19 09:00:01

Good morning from the NE coast.

Have managed a couple of hours sleep but been worrying about my DH who is very poorly indeed . I feel sad and angry that perhaps if they had done the operation that he has been waiting months for, it might not have come to this but it’s way too late now. Possible emergency operation today but not the one he was waiting for .

Short of a minor miracle I think am going to have to make some very difficult decisions very soon. Feeling very upset and lonely.

Thank you all for your kindness and best wishes they mean so much to me. xx

EllanVannin Sun 13-Oct-19 09:00:19

Good Morning All x
A dark drizzly and damp morning but it doesn't dampen the memories of a wonderful evening with family last night celebrating my step-daughter's 70th birthday.

Everyone had arrived from around the country and the first half hour or so was spent hugging and greeting everyone. There were wives/husbands GC and GGC, so we had part of the venue/restaurant to ourselves.

It's so lovely to have that closeness with step-families and it can be done, believe me. Working together is key.

Back down to earth. A braising steak dinner today with mash so that'll do me, nice, easy and nourishing/filling.

Marydoll has to do as she's told.Kitty you're roof must be sorted before winter and thinking/hoping Gillybob had a better night's sleep. Everyone else have a peaceful Sunday.
Welcome to the fold,Giulia .

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 13-Oct-19 09:01:37

Morning all from a soggy South Notts. Why does it always rain on a Sunday?
Not coughing too badly now - this lurgy has hung around.
Oh dear kitty I hope you get your roof sorted. Perhaps marydoll's DH should not be too ambitious but I hope you enjoy dinner. Put your feet up and let him spoil you.
Hope all is well with everyone.