Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(45 Posts)
12Michael Thu 17-Oct-19 06:16:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looking dry here in Brackley at the present moment.
My usual day on the buses to Buckingham and then Bicester vice versa .
Bit of a shop , and general browse.
Got my clues for my mystery one night away coach trip , weekend after next .
Mick

mumofmadboys Thu 17-Oct-19 18:16:29

Any news from Gillybob yet? Hope her husband is recovering.

Rufus2 Thu 17-Oct-19 12:56:33

Hopefully he never mixes them up
Rosyanne; You'll be OK, your bonus being free of fleas for 3 months, but I'm intrigued about what Fido might come down with!? sad

Mapleleaf Thu 17-Oct-19 12:24:24

Good afternoon,

I'm a bit late posting today even though I've been up and about for hours.

It's a lovely day here, with sunshine and blue sky dotted with fluffy white clouds. Not sure how long it's expected to last though, but I enjoyed my brisk walk earlier.

Like everyone else, I'm concerned that we haven't heard from gillybob for a few days now. I do hope everything is going to be ok for the gillybob household.

Hope anyone else feeling unwell today soon feels better. ?

GabriellaG54 Thu 17-Oct-19 12:17:56

Rosyanne
Very funny. If you suddenly get barking mad you know who to blame...winkgrin

Rosyanne Thu 17-Oct-19 12:07:54

Our local chemist,(not in UK), also loves dogs for whom he carries meds. We also pop to the back of the shop for our injections. Hopefully he never mixes them up and I get covered in case I get distemper!!?????

JenniferEccles Thu 17-Oct-19 12:05:02

I don't usually post on here but I just wanted to join everyone else in their best wishes for gillybob and her husband.

I have read gilly's posts from time to time, detailing her very busy life with work and childcare duties, and I was sad to read how ill her husband is.

Several on here have commented on the fact that she hasn't posted an update but I would guess it's purely a matter of lack of time.

They run their own business I believe, so she will be having to keep that ticking over , plus of course she will be spending as much time as possible in hospital with her husband.

I am sure her family is being supportive by perhaps dropping off nourishing meals to pop in her fridge and freezer.

At times like this, the last thing we feel like doing is cooking .

giulia Thu 17-Oct-19 11:13:23

GabriellaG54 Yes, have just read here that you are in for snow this week and then the coldest winter in fifty years!
Mind you, they often get it wrong. I worry as I have a daughter living down on the South coast even if, usually, they are fairly protected from the worst down there.

giulia Thu 17-Oct-19 11:09:16

nonnasusie getting injections done in the local shop

Are you talking about the local chemist's here?

tiredoldwoman Thu 17-Oct-19 11:02:51

A nippy start to my day was a 7.30 walk on the beach here in St.Andrews . Well, the new regime didn't last long ! The walkways were frosted and I got too cold so tomorrow I'll put on a warmer jacket and take gloves !
Planting out bulbs later , it's sunny and dry now !

CaroleAnne Thu 17-Oct-19 10:59:44

Good morning Michael and everyone else from a rather drizzly Warminster.
I hope that all those who are not well or worried (especially Gillybob) have a more comfortable day.
It is indeed worrying that Gillybob has not responded but maybe no news is good news and she is resting.
Have a pleasant day everyone whatever you have got planned or not.

GabriellaG54 Thu 17-Oct-19 10:28:44

Hi everyone grin
Firstly, commiserations to all who are feeling unwell or having difficulties, especially Gillybob and Marydoll. I really hope that you can overcome the pain and deal with the misery that illness brings. I send you all my very best wishes flowers
Aafter my run and weights I had a glass of lemon in hot water anda glass of plain water, now feeling very virtuous and not at all hungry.
It's now raining in Godalming so I will read and sleep then do more weights later.
Mick, your mystery trip sounds fun, what are the clues?
Nonnasusie that sounds weird, having a non-medic to give your injections in a shop?? shock
I do hope we don't start that practice here in the UK.
Here's hoping everyone has the best day they can and planned trips can go ahead despite awful weather reports.
Keep warm and I'll see you here tomorrow. smile

giulia Thu 17-Oct-19 10:13:54

nonnasusie Nice to have another Brit over here - there don't seem to be many of us.

Whereabouts are you?

Hope all goes well with your injections. My father-in-law used to give the jabs for the Whole family but he passed on and now I DO ask my doctor to do any I need.

Auntieflo Thu 17-Oct-19 10:07:56

Morning Michael, Annie, and all
I have also been thinking a lot about our Gillybob, hope no news is good news, and that Mr G, is recovering well.
Yesterday we had a visit from our GD and our GGS.
He is just over 2, and is a delight with his chattering, and such a good vocabulary. (Boasting? moi?)
Have put in a wash, DH, stripped the bed, and so I am hoping for a dry day.
The constant pain in my hip, has started to ease, with the tablets I was prescribed, thank heavens. It was getting me down.
To all those with health problems, best wishes for an easy day.

Feelingmyage55 Thu 17-Oct-19 09:24:07

Two consecutive sunny days! Have some bulbs to plant and then shop for the weekend.
gillybob is on my mind. Good wishes to everyone under the weather.

Harris27 Thu 17-Oct-19 09:04:43

Hope gillybob is ok worrying not hearing her on gransnet. Cold day in the north and off to work soon. Love to all.

Greyduster Thu 17-Oct-19 09:02:46

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire but it is chilly with it! DH had a very poor night with the pain from his tooth as the dentist has only been able to get part of it out! He seems to think that what is left will work it’s way out. Sounds a bit odd to me! If things don’t improve he will be back down the surgery. Nothing much planned except food shopping and ironing.
Thinking of all who are struggling, especially Gilly.

Anniebach Thu 17-Oct-19 08:52:35

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

vena11 Thu 17-Oct-19 08:47:29

Good morning everyone, sun is shining in Bristol we had a lovely walk on the downs yesterday, today hopefully an other nice walk and a food shop.
Hope your DGD meds help her soon marybob I just hate when my little ones are unwell.
Like everyone else I too have gillybob in my thoughts.
I hope everyone else feeling under the weather have a better day today.

oldgaijin Thu 17-Oct-19 08:43:33

Good morning all from Aberdeenshire, bathed in Autumn sunshine. The flocks of wild geese are overhead, on their way to feed off some poor farmer's barley and a pair of roe deer are in the field. The mutt is still curled up asleep on my bed...far too early to rise!

My oncology appointment has been put back, bummers, so shall have to wait a bit longer to find out if the chemo has worked.

Daughter is arriving from Singapore on Thursday, for one night, so must get her bed made up.

Have a good day.

Brunette10 Thu 17-Oct-19 08:40:17

A late Good Morning from Fife where it is lovely and sunny. Have some shopping to do today and that's it so will take my time rather than rushing about. Marydoll, I feel for you, you must be getting pretty fed up not being able to get out and about. As everyone else it's not like like gilly not to be posting even a short message I do hope everything is ok. Us grans are busy women one way or another, take care everyone and hope those with problems get through today.

dragonfly46 Thu 17-Oct-19 08:27:31

I hope your appointment goes well Lins.

Maybe blow up beds are the answer for a short tim Ellan until the family get back on an even keel. What a wonderful Great granny you are. Not sure what an INR is but hope it goes well.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 17-Oct-19 08:26:02

Goodmorning Mick and all x

The sun is trying to chase away the clouds here in SE Essex.

My thoughts are with gillybob, I to am getting increasingly worried at the lack of any news.

Marydoll I hope your GD is improving, steroids usually "kick in" quickly, sorry you are struggling with your medications, growing old is not for wimps is it?

Lins hope your pain isn't so bad today.

Goodmorning Anniebach ?

I am off to Lakeside shopping centre today to start my Christmas Shopping, a necessity as we are not around during November.

Prayers for the gillybobs ??

EllanVannin Thu 17-Oct-19 08:17:51

Good Morning All x
A fine sunny morning so far, tempting enough to do a bit of washing.
My brain's working overtime trying to work out what'll be best to help out with the family. If only I had an extra room ! The teenage twins need stability/guidance and their school is nearer to where I live than they do. They're both manageable children and I wouldn't mind them staying with me. I'll have to invest in a couple of blow-up beds !

I have my INR this morning but I can't envisage it being where it's supposed to be as my emotional state seems to affect the outcome/result, ah well, worse things at sea. It's not as though I'm not used to dealing with a crisis.

I wish Gillybob would give us a couple of lines just to say she's muddling along alright if nothing else. I think about her as she's a hard worker, bless her.

Hope all is well with everyone and that the day goes well.

Nortsat46 Thu 17-Oct-19 08:16:26

Good morning, Mick and all who follow.
I am also hoping for news from gillybob.
Marydoll, sorry to hear it's another day indoors. Good news that your wee GD will begin to benefit from the steroids. I have 'complex' asthma and know the utter relief that steroids bring, when you are no longer fighting for every breath.
NanKate congrats on your success with the Red Box project, such a simple idea, with such obvious benefits.

A walk for me this morning and then lunch with a friend.

Good thoughts to all today, especially those facing challenges. ?

Annapops Thu 17-Oct-19 08:15:59

Haven't posted on here for ever so long but I too am very concerned about Gilly. Wishing her, and all others who are unwell or in difficult circumstances, some much deserved relief.