Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(82 Posts)
12Michael Fri 18-Oct-19 06:25:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark, and its wet here in Brackley this morning.
my weekly shop with extras as my sister is coming down and staying in the guest room facility.
Today , pop into Banbury, and then come home and have a quiet day.
Mick

Greyduster Fri 18-Oct-19 08:10:02

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Hope you enjoy your sister’s visit Mick. Dull but dry in South Yorkshire. I had a horrible flare up of my diverticulitis yesterday and it is still hanging around this morning☹️ so I will be taking it fairly easy. Lins glad to hear you had a better night. Hope the brace gives you some continued relief. Gilly much in my thoughts.

NfkDumpling Fri 18-Oct-19 08:13:22

Morning All

Wet and miserable here in the north of Norfolk, but it’s supposed to pass by lunchtime so more gardening beckons for this afternoon. The compost heap can’t get much higher.

I’m glad to hear that you’re behaving Marydoll. Hopefully you should start to feel better soon.

I do hope that Gilly is looking after herself and things are looking up for Mr G.

Marydoll Fri 18-Oct-19 08:14:06

Good morning all from a dark, but mild Glasgow.
Mick, I hope you have a lovely time with your sister and Kitty, a busy weekend for you.
Another day in for me. sad

I have slept in this morning, having had to lie down in a darkened room last night, after spending a day with a very hyperactive wee girl on steroids, who thought she could fly, (from the back of the sofa!)!!!! She is usually such a gentle, well behaved wee thing. smile.
DGD was chattering when she came in the door at 8pm and was still chattering without stopping when she left at 6pm. (Takes after her old gran)
My sister and law and I spent half an hour and used all our teacher tricks , to persuade her to take the 5 dissolved steroid tablets. I wonder if all the chocolate bribery played a part in her hyperactivity? Don't tell her parents. wink
Anyone, who has ever bitten a steroid tablet in error, will know that it is the most disgusting taste ever! ?

My middle son had the same problems when on steroids as a child ( once rode a bike down a flight of stone stairs) and I felt myself transported back to similar days in the past. How did I ever survive weeks of that? grin
Despite all that, my SIL and I had a lovely , (but exhausting) day. We chatted about my late BIL, without upsetting DH (as he was out), put the world to rights, gossiped, moaned about our offspring and kept DGD amused. Very cathartic.

No news of Gilly is worrying me, as no matter how bad things are, she always finds the time to post or PM. She is the lynchpin in her family, I hope they are looking after her for a change.
Lins, I hope you are feeling in less pain today.
Kalu, nice to see you back. I bet it's 10 degrees warmer up the road in your micro climate!! grin

For anyone else under the weather, flowers.

Susan56 Fri 18-Oct-19 08:24:11

Good morning from Shropshire.It has rained overnight but stopped now.
Dentist for me today?Also have to phone the hospital as had a message asking us to contact them about the date for my husbands surgery.He is scheduled for surgery on 29th,been waiting since March so I really hope there isn’t going to be a long delay.
The plumber came out to fix the shower and apparently it can only be fixed by the company who made it.Phoned them and £99 for a service,who knew we were meant to have the shower serviced?
Lins,Marydoll and granddaughter,Ellan,Sar,Resurgam,hoping you all feel better soon?and to all those with worries?
Gillybob,as ever you are in my thoughts.Hope things are improving and you are managing to get some rest.x

gillybob Fri 18-Oct-19 08:31:09

Good morning to all my wonderful Gransnet friends.

It just doesn’t seem right posting my usual “hooray it’s friday” picture today. My DH has now been in hospital for 7 days . He is intensive care where he remains critically ill and on life support following an emergency operation on Sunday morning . I really don’t know what else to say except I am numb and feel like I am living in a different universe. I have been spending almost every waking hour there, talking to him and holding his hand, trying to reassure him. Can he even hear me? I don’t know. It has to be the saddest most lonely place in the world . He is getting one to one care and the staff are almost all wonderful.

Can you run out of tears?

Thank you for all your lovely messages of support, hopes and prayers I have read them all but just don’t have the strength to reply at the moment . So sorry I am not my usual cheerful Friday self .

With love to all,

Gilly xx

NfkDumpling Fri 18-Oct-19 08:33:31

Take care of yourself Gilly xx

Marydoll Fri 18-Oct-19 08:35:09

gilly, no words can express how we all feel.
Sorry to hear your sad news. All your GN friends are right at your shoulder, lean on us. ? x

Pittcity Fri 18-Oct-19 08:37:06

Good morning from rainy Colchester.
Dropping in to send love and hugs to Gillybob and her family.

MawB Fri 18-Oct-19 08:38:02

Dear Gillybob if you have had time to look, you will see how worried your GN friends have been about you.
Many of us will have an idea of where you are coming from and you are in the right place, he can hear you and will know you are there.
Keep talking to him reassuring him and telling him you love him. If you can get some sleep -do- you can’t afford to be ill or have an accident through our own fatigue.
From my experience, tears are a bottomless well but we cry because of our love ?
Keep strong, miracles can happen - love MB

annsixty Fri 18-Oct-19 08:39:12

Oh Gilly our love and sincerest prayers are with you both.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 18-Oct-19 08:42:01

gillybob take care of yourself, talk to mr.gillybob he knows you are by his side. ?????

EllanVannin Fri 18-Oct-19 08:43:09

Yes,dragonfly, it's been reduced. I take it at night. In a strange way I'm being positive about it because when I first began taking it in 2007 I think it amounted to 22mg's a week and now, to date as from last night it's going to be 16mg's for the next 2 weeks.
Which means that if I'm taking more than is necessary and stays reduced, that things are levelling themselves out until I only need the minimum. I hope so anyway. x

Lins1066 Fri 18-Oct-19 08:43:38

Oh gilly such mixed feelings, glad to hear from you but sorry that your husband is so ill. Rest assured, he knows you're there. Glad to hear that he is getting such good care, take care of yourself too.

kittylester Fri 18-Oct-19 08:46:31

Just sending massive hugs gilly. Come back if it helps but dont if it won't. Just know we are all here for you! brew

mancgirl Fri 18-Oct-19 08:47:16

Good morning from cloudy Spain. Urmstongran home on Thursday, pleased to hear you haven't got the heating on yet! Gilly thoughts and prayers flowers

Susan56 Fri 18-Oct-19 08:51:37

Gilly,so sorry to hear how unwell your husband is,thank you for taking time to let us know how things are.I feel absolutely certain that he can hear you so keep talking and reassuring him.The care received in intensive care is amazing and as Maw says,miracles do happen.
We are all here for you,sending our strength,love and a shoulder to lean on.x

Annapops Fri 18-Oct-19 08:52:37

Sending a hug Gilly. Everyone's thoughts are with you. X

EllanVannin Fri 18-Oct-19 08:53:52

Oh poor Gilly. I've just seen your post. Keep talking to DH as he'll hear you at some point and it'll give him encouragement as well. Sometimes they can hear you even though they can't speak.
So sorry this is happening to you and you must try and stay strong. Have a drop of chicken soup ( Heinz ) because you won't feel like eating though you must keep going yourself.

I send my love to you. Please try and look after yourself as DH needs you and while he's in ICU he's healing so you must do as well.xx Thoughts to the rest of the family.

Anniebach Fri 18-Oct-19 08:55:15

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

gilly my love to you x

Hope everyone has a good day x

NannyJan53 Fri 18-Oct-19 08:57:24

Oh gillly this is so upsetting to hear. Hugs and love for you and your dear husband.

Mapleleaf Fri 18-Oct-19 09:10:17

Good morning,

It's brightening up a bit here after a dull, damp start.

gillybob, thank you for posting, which must be hard for you right now. Mr gillybob will be able to hear you, so keep talking, but also make sure you try to get some rest yourself. You are in my thoughts. ?

Mick have a lovely time with your sister this weekend.

To all who are feeling unwell, I hope you soon feel better. ?

Marydoll it sounds like you've had quite a busy time with your GD - I think you'll be in need of some rest and recuperation, and maybe a nip of something tonight! ??

Feelingmyage55 Fri 18-Oct-19 09:12:57

gillybob. Intensive care is indeed a lonely place. Try to pop out to the hospital canteen and at least keep hydrated. If you can eat nothing else force yourself to eat a banana if you can - a superfood. Holding your husband’s hand and being there for him is everything just now. I send you both love and prayers. And thank you for updating us.

dragonfly46 Fri 18-Oct-19 09:15:22

Gilly just what others have said and remember we are there with you supporting you both. Sending gentle hugs

grannysyb Fri 18-Oct-19 09:18:43

Sending you hugs gillybob, thinking of you.x

Thorntrees Fri 18-Oct-19 09:19:04

I don’t usually post on this thread but do read it everyday.
Just wanted to add my thoughts and prayers for gillybob and family to everyone else’s.