Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Sun 20-Oct-19 06:27:00

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark but its dry here in Brackley this morning, today will be visiting cemetery and tending to graves along with my sister. Then when she leaves , will get back to routine , having a steak & kidney pie for lunch , made locally.
The pie shop is in the market place not far away , and when they are baking and the wind is right you smell the aroma of the baking.
Mick

whywhywhy Sun 20-Oct-19 09:12:24

Good morning from a grey but dry Market Harborough. I'm off to the garden centre to get more bulbs and manure. Hot chocolate at the local cafe then back home to do some gardening, if it's still dry. Have a nice day. X

NannyJan53 Sun 20-Oct-19 09:20:25

Good Morning from a bright, but increasingly cloudy Black Country.

No real plans today. We were side tracked yesterday by sorting out summer clothes and bagging them and putting up in the loft and getting Winter coats and jumpers down (small 2 bed house). I didn't realise I had so many summer tops smile

So our wander into town for the Navigation Trust weekend will hopefully be today.

Sounds like a very thought provoking play Maw, I read an article in The Times magazine by MP Rosie Duffield, who recently made a speech in The Commons about her experience of coercive control. No violence, but lots of shouting, anger, putting her down etc. It happens a lot more than we realise.

Impromptu weekends away can sometimes turn out to be the best Hurdgurdy

A long distance for your DS to travel Nankate, but an opportunity for you to have a lovely time with the GC's.

Good to see you are slowly improving Marydoll

We are all thinking of you gillybob and sending positive thoughts your way.

kittylester Sun 20-Oct-19 09:22:31

nortsat46 that could be very comforting or really scary. grin

Pantglas2 Sun 20-Oct-19 09:23:10

Morning all from sunny north Wales to add to gillybobs list of far and wide well wishers!

Late getting in from airport last night so still under duvet with my chamber pot of tea while DH frets over the rugby, it’s not looking good for ‘Cymru fach’ at half time!

I’d love an invite to micks or Marydolls - those pies have got me salivating and I haven’t a clue what’s to eat today until I shift myself.

Hope Sunday is good to everyone x

NanKate Sun 20-Oct-19 09:28:11

Yes NannyJ I think the school is in Dudley. It is his third visit, they make him so welcome and buy lots of books so the journey is worthwhile.

Yes coercive control can be devastating as experienced by my DS and many other GN members and their families I would suspect.

BlueSapphire Sun 20-Oct-19 09:39:11

Good morning from a cloudy but dry Northampton. I'm a bit late this morning, having been waiting for my Kindle Fire to charge up. In the meantime have had a cup of tea and chocolate biscuit, finished reading yesterday's papers, done the crossword and puzzle pages, and am at the moment watching Wales v France in the Rugby world cup.

What a good win for England yesterday! And my team Northampton Saints won away at Saracens!

Will probably do some gardening today and cut back some overgrown stuff before winter sets in.

Hoping that today is a good one and that we hear better news soon from our poorly folks. Sending good wishes.

BlueSapphire Sun 20-Oct-19 09:40:57

But I shall not be going out in the garden until I have watched Japan v South Africa!

gillybob Sun 20-Oct-19 09:42:34

Good morning from the NE coast.

I am just popping in to say a huge thank you to everyone for keeping us in your thoughts (and prayers) I can’t tell you how much it means to me to know that you are all thinking about us.

I wish I had some good news to share but sadly there is no change . My DH remains in an induced coma and on life support. It seems that they just seem to get in top of one infection and another one rears it’s ugly head. They tell me that the microbiologists are really being put to the test with this one.

Nothing can every prepare you for the “non life” that is spending 15 hours a day in ICU . It’s like the whole world has stopped and you live your life by every beep and alarm. I am even beginning to breath in time with the ventilator which is making me feel light headed . It is a very lonely place although the nursing staff (These are not just nurses they really are angels ) are mostly wonderful . I can’t believe we are on day 9 . My DH should have been home with me by now.

I have begun the LS diary (recommended) as when he comes through this (and I am still saying when) he will undoubtedly suffer from PTSD (so I am told) and will have flashbacks from short lucid moments. They also tell me that he will have overheard snippets of conversations.

As for “that place” I don’t know what to do. I don’t have anyone to turn to for advice but I know it can’t go on much longer as it is . Jobs have been cancelled and postponed and the outlook is very bleak indeed. I am so glad my DH is unaware of this .

Anyway, apologies for the jumble of lines and paragraphs and thank you all again for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers , it means so much to know my virtual friends are routing for him. smile

Just off to the hospital now , hoping and praying for the tiniest snippet of good news.

Much love Gilly x

MawB Sun 20-Oct-19 09:45:06

flowersflowers Gillybob - you are a woman of such strength - thinking of you. Xx

vena11 Sun 20-Oct-19 09:45:57

gillybob flowers

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 20-Oct-19 09:46:32

Morning all from South Notts. We have blue skies after a damp night. Will do the weekly shop soon and am now well enough to resume going to church after that ghastly chest infection - just the occasional cough now.
Sending best wishes to all those who are worried or unwell, especially Marydoll and gillybobs.

Susan56 Sun 20-Oct-19 09:49:31

gillybob?thank you for updating us.I really hope you get that snippet of good news.Sending love and strength your way.xx

Pittcity Sun 20-Oct-19 09:55:41

Lots of love to Gillybob from Colchester xx

EllanVannin Sun 20-Oct-19 09:55:51

Good Morning All x
Was up at my usual 4am for a bathroom visit, then wide awake. So quiet here you could have heard a pin drop but I eventually dropped off for a couple more hours until I noticed the sun coming up and streaming through the bedroom curtains, beautiful morning. Let the cats out, made a strong cuppa and read the paper.

Showered and dressed or I find myself still sitting in my dressing gown on here at 11am !
Mick's steak and kidney pie sounds delicious. I'll be making some of those in the winter using suet pastry. I did make a mincemeat pie yesterday in favour of a sponge cake and it smelled quite Christmassy as it was "doing".

I've moved chairs here as the sun was right on the screen, but I'm certainly not complaining about this lovely morning.

I'm hoping the Gillybob household is more restful than of late and that things are picking up a bit. It's a real worry for them all. Thoughts to all there. x

Anyone else under the weather I hope you're fortunate enough to enjoy a drop of this sunshine to give a much needed lift. Whatever everyone does today, have a peaceful one.

Urmstongran Sun 20-Oct-19 10:01:16

Your anxiety must be off the Richter scale on many levels gilly I can only imagine the torment you must be going through. I hope you get that glimmer of a breakthrough today.
❤️

cornergran Sun 20-Oct-19 10:01:22

Thank you for sending an update gilly, sending love from Somerset.

Yiayia4 Sun 20-Oct-19 10:02:13

Thoughts and prayers Gillybob from Surrey X

EllanVannin Sun 20-Oct-19 10:02:22

HurdyGurdy, I was always mesmerised by the night sky in Australia, it's out of this world and the best sky to gaze at even with the naked eye. The Southern Cross is so dominant and is featured on the Aussie flag. Shooting stars galore too. The best night sky in the world I'd say.

Sar53 Sun 20-Oct-19 10:10:23

I'm sending love and hugs to Gillybob from Essex by the sea. The ICU can be a very lonely place. Xx

Lisagran Sun 20-Oct-19 10:11:37

Thinking of you, Gillybob - sounds like your husband is receiving the best care. Hoping for a good improvement soon. The business must be a big worry, but that will resolve, one way or another - health is far more important. Look after yourself xx

whywhywhy Sun 20-Oct-19 10:13:46

Sending love and hugs Gillybob. Xx

Cherrytree59 Sun 20-Oct-19 10:14:21

Gilly Thank you for the update.?

Hard as it is, Please try and keep your strength up with some food, Bananas are good.

Can you listen to some music, radio or CD player?
It could be soothing for both of you.
I know you both love your country music .

sending my love and hugs xxxxx

dragonfly46 Sun 20-Oct-19 10:17:49

Just popped in to read your update Gilly. Sending you love and hugs and hoping there is some improvement today.

Sprout Sun 20-Oct-19 10:21:12

Morning Mick and all. Hope everyone is ok. Just short note as one of the Stables is leaking in the roof so needs urgent attention. Me just handing the tools up to Mr fix it. Take care everyone

EllanVannin Sun 20-Oct-19 10:22:33

Gillybob, just focus on yourselves for the time being, never mind the business, you can't do both.
ICU/ induced coma is there to heal/protect the body from inside and I know many who've come through illnesses following this process.

Infections do happen because the patient can't cough to clear the lungs as their reflex's are numbed during unconsciousness but staff are prepared for this and will treat it accordingly.

I'm sure your DH will receive the best of treatment during these times, but the waiting game for yourself will bring its own problems so looking after yourself is vital at this stage-----easier said than done I know, but there is light at the end of that dark tunnel.

I send you love and my very best wishes xx Keep talking to him.