Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Mon 28-Oct-19 06:12:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but it looks dry here in Brackley.
My mystery weekend was a mystery until the last coach break , I had chosen the wrong place for a start, originally it should been Torquay , but we ended up in Ilfracombe.
On the return home we stopped at Weston S Mare for 3 hours or so, to make it a full weekend away.
Mick

mumofmadboys Mon 28-Oct-19 08:04:40

Sending love and prayers for courage, strength and hope Gilly xx

Greyduster Mon 28-Oct-19 08:04:46

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is bright and cold in South Yorkshire this morning. We are waiting for GS to arrive for a couple of days with us. DH is recovering from a chest infection so he won’t be his usual active self this half term, but I’m sure we’ll do our best to keep the boy occupied - and off his phone! Have a good day folks.

Lins1066 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:06:23

Good Morning from a dry and bright S Welsh coast.
Glad you enjoyed your Mystery tour Mick.
It is Half Term here, so I'm glad that the forecast is for a dry week.
Glad your medical team is pulling out all the stops for you Marydoll.
You sound chipper dragonfly, we give to the Welsh Air Ambulance every month.
Hope that Monday is kind to everyone and to the Gillybobs in particular.

kittylester Mon 28-Oct-19 08:09:53

gilly, I'm so sorry that you and your lovely man had such an awful day yesterday. I hope he is more restful today. Do you have any support at the hospital? As always, we are with you and wish we could do more. I'm sure I speak for all your gn friends. brew

Lins1066 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:12:22

I am so dreadfully sorry gilly. Wish we could be with you in person as well as spirit. I don't know what else to say, except that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. ?

vena11 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:12:39

We are all with you gillybob flowers

Pantglas2 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:12:55

Oh Gillybob hope beyond hope that he pulls through x

EllanVannin Mon 28-Oct-19 08:13:07

Good Morning All x
A most beautiful bright morning, just how I like it.

Not sure what today's bringing up to now as because the children are off for half-term.
My D has had some of the children with her in between shifts at her work and I've got a feeling that I'll be having them here this afternoon, something that I'm going to have to get used to for the foreseeable future I suspect under the circumstances.

Sounds as though the weekend went well for Mick and his mystery tour. I have lovely memories of Torquay and also Ilfracombe---plenty of pics too.

Gillybob's never far from my thoughts and I hope today brings more positive signs .I know this is going to be a long process and I'm sure all will be well in the end. Sending love and best wishes xx

Marydoll and Dragonfly too and those who are out of sorts x

Hope All will enjoy the day.

dragonfly46 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:19:07

gilly as mary says there are no words. We are here when you need us.

aggie Mon 28-Oct-19 08:21:19

Gilly no words , prayers xxxxxxxx

NfkDumpling Mon 28-Oct-19 08:21:19

Post if it helps Gilly but we’ll understand if you can’t. You know we’re all routing for you and thinking of you flowers and (((hugs)))

Sar53 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:29:26

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea but very cold. Shopping and housework today.

So very sorry to hear your news Gillybobs. Love and virtual hugs to you.

I hope everyone has a pleasant day.

Thorntrees Mon 28-Oct-19 08:31:07

So sorry to hear the latest news Gillybob, no words, just loving thoughts and prayers for strength at this most difficult time.

harrigran Mon 28-Oct-19 08:31:17

Good morning from a cold but sunny NE.
DH left the house at 8am to collect GD who will be here until tomorrow night.
Sorry to hear your news gilly, it is so difficult to watch your DH struggle.
Sending love and a virtual shoulder to lean on.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:31:59

gillybob. You are both in my thoughts and prayers, Please take a little comfort in the fact that all,your GN pals are routing for your dear husband flowers

GrannyGravy13 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:33:31

Goodmorning all x

Half term here in SE Essex, so we are "on duty" with GS today, nothing planned we will take our orders from him!!!

NannyJan53 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:38:18

Gilly so sad and upset for you. We are all including you in our thoughts and prayers, may the positivity radiate through to your dear husband.

Beechnut Mon 28-Oct-19 08:40:52

gilly I’m so sorry to hear the news of yesterday. X

Cherrytree59 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:42:21

Sending love and hugs gilly.
Wishing it could be more.
xxxx

Harris27 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:46:14

Thinking of you gilly and praying for you both. Try and get some sleep as you must be exhausted. I’m off today just pottering and catching up on tasks.

BlueSapphire Mon 28-Oct-19 08:47:16

Oh Gilly, how I feel for you. I have been there with my poor DH. I can only say be there as much as you can, hold his hand and talk to him. Nothing prepares you for this - just be with him.

Yiayia4 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:48:51

Gilly so sorry just sending love hope and prayers xx

Susan56 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:49:54

Gilly so sorry to hear your news of yesterday.As others have said no words only tears and the prayers, love,positive thoughts and support from all your gransnet friends.xx

Anniebach Mon 28-Oct-19 08:52:50

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

gIlly sending love x

Hope everyone has a good day x

cornergran Mon 28-Oct-19 08:56:27

A late good morning. We’re being minded by Littlest today who is more than capable of filling every second. Off out for a walk soon, may be asleep by lunchtime.

Oh gilly, I’m so sorry. Sending love and hope to you. We’re all here if you need us