Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Mon 28-Oct-19 06:12:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but it looks dry here in Brackley.
My mystery weekend was a mystery until the last coach break , I had chosen the wrong place for a start, originally it should been Torquay , but we ended up in Ilfracombe.
On the return home we stopped at Weston S Mare for 3 hours or so, to make it a full weekend away.
Mick

conor Mon 28-Oct-19 08:56:51

flowersGillybob, thinking of you xxxx

Lisagran Mon 28-Oct-19 08:57:13

Gilly so very, very sorry to read your post today. Such a disappointment after the previous positive signs. As others have said, wish we could do something for you. Best wishes for your meeting today with the consultant. (((Hugs)))) for you xx

Mapleleaf Mon 28-Oct-19 08:57:32

Good morning from a bright but chilly South Yorkshire.

Glad you had a nice trip, mick.

Oh gilly. My heart goes out to you. I continue to pray for positive news. ?

Auntieflo Mon 28-Oct-19 09:04:19

Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
Gillybob, so sorry to hear that you had a dreadful day yesterday, I think we were all hoping that your DH was a little better. Thank you for finding the time to come and update us all, when you are so tired yourself.
We are all praying for his recovery.
I slept in again this morning and woke with a background headache, and I also feel slightly nauseous as I wake.
Yesterday afternoon, DH managed to lop the smoke bush right down, as it had put on an enormous growth spurt and was leaning at an awful angle. Now to dispose of the debris.
Have a good day one and all.

merlotgran Mon 28-Oct-19 09:10:49

I'm so sorry to hear your latest news, gilly. Thinking of you and sending love. xx

Pittcity Mon 28-Oct-19 09:11:01

Sending love and ((hugs)) to Gillybob xx

KatyK Mon 28-Oct-19 09:34:11

Oh gilly flowers

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 28-Oct-19 09:37:54

Good morning from east London, bright, sunny and wind free so hopefully the tennis dome is going up today. I have offered to help - last year I had the job of sealing the holes in the plastic before it was inflated; it seems laying the cables and holding onto them as it goes up is a ‘man’s job’. After that it’s a game of tennis (outside) at lunchtime and continuing the tennis theme, the ladies team meal this evening, celebrating our 2nd place in the 2nd division in our first year after promotion. In between, we may be taxi-ing GD back to DD and need to get a birthday card for DS. Can’t blame the post for its being late when he’s back home this week. Hope everyone has the best day they can.

Nannylovesshopping Mon 28-Oct-19 09:44:13

Oh Gilly all love and prayers

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 28-Oct-19 10:07:02

Morning all from a fairly bright South Notts.

Off to haematology later for what I think is the penultimate annual check-up after suffering lymphoma four years ago.

Oh gilly and mary my thoughts are with you both and anyone with serious worries.

Ginny42 Mon 28-Oct-19 10:50:34

Gilly everything else is thrown into perspective when thinking of you today. xx

J52 Mon 28-Oct-19 11:00:07

I don’t often post on this thread, but I do read it. Gilly I am so sorry to read about your and MrGilly’s ordeal.
I am sending you my best wishes, thinking of you and praying for a positive outcome.

Ellylanes1 Mon 28-Oct-19 11:00:10

Gillyflowers hoping it's better news at the meeting today.

Buttonjugs Mon 28-Oct-19 11:12:18

So sorry to hear about your horrible time Gillybob. My DIL is currently at the hospital with her very poorly grandfather so I have got the DGD’s. Michael I suspect my weather is very similar to yours as I am just up the road in Towcester. I wish I could have a trip away, got my elderly father living with me.

LadyO Mon 28-Oct-19 13:04:15

I am an infrequent poster but very regular reader to this thread. Gillybob, I don’t know you personally (though you have always been such an entertaining and interesting writer, I feel as though I do) but I do know the feeling of sitting helplessly by a hospital bed. It’s exhausting and surreal, I wish you all the very best.

Feelingmyage55 Mon 28-Oct-19 13:39:40

gillybob thinking about you and sending love and prayers.
marydoll. I have got virtual eyes in the back of my head. Sit down and switch off pleeeeese. Hope the dr gives you a good report card. Suspect the “effort” section is hard to fill in as he/she does NOT want you to try harder but do less.
To everyone else, try and make the best of the day.
I am off to keep on decluttering. Takes my mind off “things”.

Jangran99 Mon 28-Oct-19 15:43:20

gilly , there just are no words to comfort you. Please know how very much we care and be assured of our prayers Love and ((({{{hugs}}}))))

glammagran Mon 28-Oct-19 18:43:23

So very sorry your news is not what everyone is hoping for. ?

Tamayra Mon 28-Oct-19 22:33:04

Sending healing thoughts & strength to you Gilly
Life seems very unfair sometimes ???

Resurgam123 Mon 28-Oct-19 23:31:04

Thinking for you Gillybob, as much good wishes as I can.
xxxxx.