Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(58 Posts)
12Michael Tue 05-Nov-19 06:12:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but it looks wet outside this morning in Brackley.
I watched the DVD release of "Yesterday" last night and enjoyed it.
My usual day out today , a couple of coffees and shops in Bicester and Buckingham.
Mick

Brunette10 Tue 05-Nov-19 08:19:39

Good Morning from a damp Fife, we've had some rain! Never mind it's off now. Doramarr hope all goes well for your family today, Marydoll hope yesterday went in your favour. Out this morning for an eyebrow shape and tint and this afternoon meeting an ex colleague for a good chin wag, haven't seen her in years. I'm hoping to hear up to date news on our gilly. For anyone else just feeling under the weather look after yourself and take care.

moggie Tue 05-Nov-19 08:26:17

Good morning Mick & all from wet, chilly start in Nottingham. Work today.
Hope all goes well DoraMarr & your DGS too Nina
Enjoy your first day Sar53
Thoughts are with you Gillybob & your DH, we had parking permit from hospital when my son was inpatient on oncology ward, it was several years ago no guarantee of parking space but huge help with parking fees, worth asking about.
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

Ginny42 Tue 05-Nov-19 08:27:30

Morning Mick and everyone. I began this message at 6.30 then my DD rang to consult over work stuff (we do the same job, me p/t now) then decided on coffee and toast, so I'm just back.

I'll be walking in the woods in the rain I think at 9.00, although it's slackened off a little. So no work on the garden pots as I planned, but will go to the garden centre and buy some bright winter plants. I like to have the house looking like home when my DD and DGS arrive for Christmas.

Supporting my poor friend whose DH's dementia has worsened very rapidly, so if I get a call, all will be put on hold.

Warmest wishes to Gilly and her DH. Stay strong Gilly but remember to take care of yourself too. Lovely news that a new baby is arriving today Doramarr. Hope all our sick friends start to pick up. Have a wonderful evening Kitty.

Do you mean dresses with smocking NanKate? I had several dresses with a smocked bodice and with little rounded collars and short puffed sleeves. My mother could do that, although most were bought.

Marydoll Tue 05-Nov-19 08:27:38

Good morning all from a cold and damp Glasgow.
Another bad night, I must have been up and down a dozen times and eventually took anti nausea tablets at 5am.
dragonfly, I hope your treatment isn't causing you too many stomach problems.

Lots going on for our GN grans and their families today.
Dora Marr, hoping all goes well for your daughter and her baby.
GrannyGravy, fingers crossed that your wee granchild continues to make good progress and for Nina, and her wee grandson. flowers.
I worry more about my family, than I do myself and I think most of us are like that.
Gillybob and her DH are constantly in my thoughts.

The good news is that I eventually got my tablets, but was given only fourteen, which have to be halved.
I will now need to go through the whole palavar again on Monday, when I see my GP.
Disaster struck, I was trying to use a pill cutter, when I dropped the tablets, I don't have fourteen any more. some flew off the worktop and onto the floor, but despite searching high and low, they are nowhere to be seen!!! angry
I suspect they are under the range! Why is nothing simple? grin..

Well there was some excitement yesterday.
After the doctor's I decided I would do my usual sneaky visit to the M&S outlet, as DH was otherwise occupied with the gas service engineer.
I bumped into an acquaintence from church, who wondered why I hadn't been seen out and about. ( Well I am a local worthy) One hour later....... after hearing all the gossip, I was forced to phone DH and own up to where I was, just in case he thought something had happened to me!! grin
He wasn't in the least bit surprised.

I was so exhausted when I got home, that I fell asleep and to make matters worse, I didn't even get any bargains!!! wink.
Suddenly I was wakened by a message from my daughter and then my DIL to tell me, that the roof of the shopping centre Ihad been in, collapsed a few hours after I left!!!
Is someone trying to tell me something?

Much to my surprise, fortunately no one was injured. It was jumping with ladies like me and bored, resigned husbands, (like DH), when I was in it. It's a miracle, no-one was hurt.

So endeth my novel for today.
We have a nursery pick up at lunch time and DD is popping in at dinner time to see the wee one, so I think I will go and get a sultana cake into the oven.

Have a good day everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 05-Nov-19 08:54:11

Marydoll You were lucky as was your purse!!!!

Our little GS is recovering well thank you, they have no idea what the cause of his extremely high temperature or rash was as all the tests came back inconclusive. (I am going for cuddles later)

Nina sending good wishes to your GS.

Sar53 our local hospital is very lucky to have you as a volunteer.

NanKate Tue 05-Nov-19 08:56:27

I’m pleased Maryyou avoided the cave in of the roof. Can I have a piece of sultana cake please ?

Yes Ginny you are right it is smocking and I remember the puff sleeves. Knitted swimming suits were truly awful.

EllanVannin Tue 05-Nov-19 08:56:36

Good Morning All x
It doesn't know what to do weatherwise but I think I can predict rain before the day's out. Not so warm either.

Well the meeting of yesterday was quite intense at times and as each family member was writing their terms of support to my GD and her children I developed " writers block " and didn't complete what I'd set out to write, plus I'd ticked 2 negative comments because I'd suddenly realised that things don't change overnight. I was being realistic. To expect a sick man( ex. partner to my GD and father of the children ) to carry out what's been set out, isn't a viable option. My GD had sent him packing back to his father because it was like looking after another child when he was recovering. He's got a form of Hodgkins Lymphoma and looked unwell yesterday. He had stem-cell treatment 2 years ago on Christmas Day.

I know it's family, but I can honestly say that I can do without this at my time of life and my D works all hours to pay her mortgage and bills so any time off has to be dedicated to the children, though she's always been very good in helping her D and GC, financially and practically.

The twins ( 13 years old ) can come to me after school for two or three days for their teas. The illness/split up of their parents has affected them both and the girl twin takes it out on her mother.

Oh joy !!

Hope that baby arrives soon DoraMarr. Reading my local paper yesterday lifted the spirits about twins who were born at 25 weeks and through the skill and care of our local maternity hospital, they survived and recently celebrated their 1st birthdays----beautiful babies, one of each.

Marydoll and dragonfly hoping things turn a corner for you both. Wish I was where Urmstongran is right now wind or not ! Still in my thoughts Gillybob x
Everyone else have a good day whatever you do.

Anniebach Tue 05-Nov-19 08:59:02

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Youngest grandchild moved away yesterday, I have empty nest syndrome again.

Mapleleaf Tue 05-Nov-19 09:03:06

Good morning from a wet, miserable South Yorkshire.

Thinking of you and your DH gillybob, and like all the others GN's pray for good news.

Not a lot planned today other than household jobs. DH and I managed to put the garden to bed fir the winter yesterday, and I decided the front doorstep needed brightening up so bought some lovely cyclamens which now need potting up. They are nice and cheerful - just the thing fir this grim looking weather we've got.

Best wishes to you and your family Dora Marr.

Take care everyone, and to all feeling unwell, I hope you soon start to feel better.

harrigran Tue 05-Nov-19 09:03:47

Good morning from a dull rainy NE.
Think we might go out for a fish and chip lunch today then get on with finding homes for all the stuff brought back from second home.
Happy Birthday Anno.
Thinking of gilly and praying for better news.

Mapleleaf Tue 05-Nov-19 09:03:59

for not fir!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 05-Nov-19 09:04:26

Morning all from a very wet and drizzly South Notts.
I'm expecting a visit from my sister today but she may cancel due to having been out with the dog and got wet once so won't venture out again until tea time. We shall see.
They couldn't find anything wrong with the car yesterday so I got it back and feel reassured.
Hope all is well, thinking positive thoughts for gilly and dora and anyone with worries.

NfkDumpling Tue 05-Nov-19 09:08:44

Sunny and still here in the north of Norfolk and the early mist is burning off leaving silvered cobwebs draped over the garden glinting in the sun. Beautiful to look at but decidedly chilly and damp underfoot.

Out for lunch with an old friend and her new man and maybe a walk afterwards if we’re not too full and the path isn’t too muddy.

An exciting day then DoraMarr. I hope all goes well.

Take care Marydoll, perhaps that roof collapsing is a sign!
Vibes of courage as always to gilly. Things must get better soon. And flowers to cheer Annie.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 05-Nov-19 09:15:11

Good morning from east London, dull this morning and temperature a bit lower than last week. Off to have my ‘legs done’ this morning- first time in months so she may need a lawn mower - but it’s another tick on the list of holiday prep. House being measured up for carpet this morning, hope the bloke doesn’t choke on the dust and then no plans. DP is playing squash tonight so I have the place to myself. Have the best day you can.

Maggiemaybe Tue 05-Nov-19 09:15:43

Good morning, all.

I’m a newcomer to the thread after years of being on GN, but have started lurking here recently to get news of Gilly, and what a supportive, friendly place it is!

I hope all goes well today for all those with health and family worries, new babies (how exciting smile) and pills to find. Where do things go?! My DSIL lost his wedding ring three weeks ago - it flew off while he was cutting the packing off their new sofa, so must be somewhere in the front room or just outside (the front door was open). I’m constantly on the hunt for it now down the cracks in the floorboards when we’re looking after their boys and the little on’s napping. grin

I have a bit of house stuff and sewing to do today, and at least 3 weeks’ worth of newspapers to sort, then we’ll be over to DS’s to pick up his boys from school. We’ve to get one of them over to a new football training session out in the wilds after tea - I just hope we can find it in the dark. We’re very good at getting lost....

gillybob Tue 05-Nov-19 09:28:00

Good morning from the NE coast where we have very strong winds and have had heavy rain with plenty more to come.My patio furniture has taken off down to the bottom of the garden. One of the chairs looks to be wrapped around the tree so expecting some damage when I go and retrieve it all in a few minutes. I am not sure how I can secure it . That would normally be DH’s department.

Anyway today 5th November is DH’s birthday . Sadly no fireworks or even cards this year. It could be the 12th of Never for all he is aware. sad

Plans to carry out the tracheostomy operation at some point today, assuming that he remains “stable” that is. They are not sure when the operation will take place as they need to slot it in to theatre time. I couldn’t help but feel like I was betraying him by signing the consent forms last night and am mad at myself, as after I signed them (they were kind of pushed on me) I learned that as his wife I could have refused to sign on his behalf . The operation would have still gone ahead. Silly I know but it’s playing in my mind.

I am missing the children terribly as I normally see them lots during the week doing school runs, overnights, football, dancing, gymnastics and everything in between. I have hardly seen our little Evie these last few weeks either . Poor lamb will think me and grandad have deserted her.

I am so unhappy I wonder whether I will ever laugh again. Just Longing for a little bit of good news .

Anyway I am sick of wallowing in my own self pity and do realise that others have problems too . I am so sorry .

To all of those feeling poorly, worried or under the weather I hope your feel better soon and wish you lots of sunshine sunshine

To those lucky enough to be enjoying holidays and good times, long may they continue. smile

So pleased to learn that your baby grandson is out of hospital grannygravy thank goodness. Enjoy those cuddles .

Love to all and huge thanks for keeping my DH in your thoughts and prayers.

Gilly x

Greyduster Tue 05-Nov-19 09:28:30

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Maple is spot on with our weather today☹️! Mary you had a narrow squeak yesterday it seems!! Dora fingers crossed for your DD - I’m sure she’s in very good hands.
We had a lovely meal out last night and GS and DD made me a cake but we were all too full to eat it, so will cut it later when we do the school run. Have a good day all.

Sprout Tue 05-Nov-19 09:38:01

Morning Mick and all. Wet here also but sun shinning. Nails done this morning the look round the market. Normal shop also oh happy days eh. Hope all OK and those who are suffering for any reason take care

GrannySomerset Tue 05-Nov-19 10:05:46

Visit from locksmith this morning after a horrible few moments yesterday when we couldn’t get into the house. Not a whole new lock, fortunately, and he will come back tomorrow with the relevant parts, but meanwhile we can’t leave the house empty because we dare not double lock the front door. Fortunately this is my wonderful cleaner’s day and she will be here.

Lunch with an old friend while DH is at Probus, taken and returned by a kind neighbour, then I must make a shopping list so that I can get the C..... cake made - should have been done last week.

Thinking of Gilly and all GNers struggling with poor health, and also of course of the new life about to join the ups and downs of life.

Grammaretto Tue 05-Nov-19 10:12:28

A poignant day for you Gilly. I hope the tracheotomy helps his breathing. Thinking of you as ever xxx

Hope Dora's new Gbaby arrives safely. 5 of our DGC were C sections so I'm an old hand at anxiety.

Feelingmyage55 Tue 05-Nov-19 10:32:59

Wet and windy again but no surprise for November. By the way, how can it be November already? I have to go shopping for gifts for friends I am visiting for the weekend then worry about what to pack as the weather is so changeable.
marydoll I suppose you could try tights over the vacuum nozzle under the range - not well expressed but you know what I mean - then wash the tablet before you swallow. Can you guess that you are not the first to have to solve this problem?
gillybob For as awful as this is for you both, clearly the doctors are still fighting for your DH. I think you said the tracheostomy would push the oxygen deeper into his lungs and may help recovery. I truly hope that this will help him and therefore you too. Hang on to the fact that the doctors and nurses are working so hard. I hope you have a comfy chair to snooze in while you are sitting - if not then ask. Are you allowed to play music to your husband, with earphones if necessary? Or anything else he enjoys listening to? Ou are amazing - keep on keeping on. I wish I could hold your hand.
Everyone else, best wishes for babies, birthdays and baking days.

dragonfly46 Tue 05-Nov-19 10:38:31

Hoping the tracheotomy goes well Gilly. It would be good for you to spend time with the children - can you do that for a few hours? It may bring back the glimmer of a smile. When I was first diagnosed if found hugging my DGD so therapeutic. Sending you lots of love.

Wow Marydoll that was quite an escape you had.

Lisagran Tue 05-Nov-19 10:54:23

Gilly - hope the tracheotomy goes ahead soon if that will help your husband. The hospital do sound as if they are trying their very best for him. Poor you, though - you sound weary, not surprisingly. Hope all this comes to a positive time soon for you all. Xx

vena11 Tue 05-Nov-19 10:54:53

Good morning everyone ,last day in Tenerife where has this week gone .Gillybob keep strong .

conor Tue 05-Nov-19 11:39:46

Dear Gillybob still hoping for a miracle and that you can smile and enjoy those grandchildren again!
It is strange that when the busy life we lead is taken away, how we crave for normality again!
I do hope the operation improves things and you are both in our thoughts and prayers xxxflowers