Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Sat 09-Nov-19 06:16:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, misty/foggy conditions but dry here in Brackley this morning.
Usual Day out to Bicester and Buckingham.
I need to buy a 10m ethernet lead so I can go wi-fi on my other printer.
Plus hoping there is a Flea market in Buckingham , the weather seems to control this weekly market.
Have lunch in Buckingham, all day breakie for a change.
Mick

Beechnut Sat 09-Nov-19 06:27:26

Good Morning everyone from a frosty Severnside.

I’m off to the library this morning to pick up my reserved copy of Rocket Man dvd. No other firm plans.
I hope you all enjoy the day and my thoughts are with gilly ?

Grammaretto Sat 09-Nov-19 06:39:12

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It is very cold again but not yet light. DH woke me with a cuppa before going out for the day so I should be grateful.
My Wi-Fi has only once worked on the printer Mick. I always have to plug it to the laptop. Good luck with yours.
Busy day cake making for our community cafe and preparing for a course I'm running next week. More visitors too, so rooms to prepare.
I think I'll go back to sleep for half an hour.
Love to the Gillybobs and all who are poorly .

BlueSapphire Sat 09-Nov-19 06:56:21

Good morning everyone from a very foggy and frosty Northampton. Just having my first tea and a chocolate biscuit.

No plans for the daytime, but going out to a Remembrance concert tonight that flautist DD's concert band is giving. It will finish with a short service of Remembrance. I went last year and it was excellent.

Hoping for better news from Gilly and hope the day goes well for all.

Ginny42 Sat 09-Nov-19 06:59:07

Good morning Mick. Hope I'm not preaching to someone who is very tech savvy, but make sure your wi-fi printer is secure. They can be hacked.

Well, it's dark and cold in Cheshire, so I'm staying under the duvet for a while longer. Nothing to rush out for.

I must go back to a friend's home today to check that the carers have turned up. The condition I found her in yesterday was shocking and spent a couple of hours sorting it out. I won't enjoy the day if I don't make sure she's OK.

I'm meeting a friend later and I'll either make a meal here or we may treat ourselves to dining out.

I'm hoping for news of further improvement from Gilly today. A day at a time and tiny steps towards recovery. xx

To all who may be under the weather, sad or nursing someone who is sick, hope today is better than yesterday. xx

If you're sunning yourself in warmer climes enjoy your day. envy

NfkDumpling Sat 09-Nov-19 07:05:35

Morning All

A bright morning here in the north of Norfolk. Hopefully it’ll last as we’re going over to DS’s to help hang his new garage doors. Well, DH is, I’m walking the dog and visiting old friends.

Resurgam123 Sat 09-Nov-19 07:10:20

Good morning. Very cold here in Cheshire.
I have not been able to get back to sleep since 5pm.

cornergran Sat 09-Nov-19 07:20:34

Morning Mick, morning All. It’s cold in our corner of Somerset, just beginning to rain again. A much needed admin catch up morning for me then I suspect not much else other than checking on our goddaughter who is sinking under the chaos and inadequacy of her Mum’s care. Mr C has little energy still so suspect he’ll be happy with a film or two. Love as ever to gilly and her husband, hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

NanKate Sat 09-Nov-19 07:21:09

Morning Mick and All.

A very misty day here in South Bucks.

Relieved to see that DH has got my printer working again. What would we do without our modern technology ?

Last quiet weekend for a while as we are gearing up to moving down to West Sussex to look after our 2 very lively grandsons whilst their dad is on tour. They FaceTimed us yesterday to check out what we were bringing in the way of food. Spag Bol all cooked and ready, brioche for the eldest and cheese straws for the youngest and that is just the start of it ? Oh and marshmallows for on top of their ice cream.

Hoping for continued and gradual improvement of MrGillybob.

Greyduster Sat 09-Nov-19 07:44:14

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. There is a frost in South Yorkshire this morning, but it set to be a dry day. Grateful thanks for that, as I am doing a photography course at our Botanical Gardens today. I expect we shall photograph each other’s steaming breath, it’s so cold!
Thinking of Gilly. Have a good day folks.

kittylester Sat 09-Nov-19 07:46:02

Morning all from a slightly frosty North Leicestershire.

Cooking brunch for dh and DS1 as they are off to watch Nottingham Forest play Derby County this morning - oooh the tension!!

I then aim to do very little!!

I really enjoyed my Silver Clay course yesterday and have posted a photo of the pendant I made. Not bad for someone who hasn't got a creative bone in my body.

The course was in a Craft Centre, in
Market Harborough, owned by an old school friend of DS1 who used to spend time at our house along with lots of other teenagers on their way home from school.

Thinking of gillybob and hoping for more improvement for her dh.

kittylester Sat 09-Nov-19 07:51:30

And here is the photo.blush

J52 Sat 09-Nov-19 07:58:50

Lovely Kiity. The Craft centre is a great place. When your next in MH I can recommend Aldwinkles Coffee House. I mentioned it on the other thread.
Gilly I hope there’s more good news today.
Have a lovely weekend, everyone. I’m about to tackle the 300 miles back South.

harrigran Sat 09-Nov-19 08:01:23

Good morning from a frosty NE.
DH left at 7.15 to do the shopping.
We have massive upheaval at present and life is not that pleasant.
My thoughts are with the gillybobs and for continued progress.

ninathenana Sat 09-Nov-19 08:03:45

Good morning from Kent.
It's -1c but bright and suny no frost here.
Well done kitty that's pretty and even better to be able to say you made it.
A few bits to do indoors and then an afternoon spent doing a jigsaw.
Have a good day everyone.

Mapleleaf Sat 09-Nov-19 08:05:31

Good morning from a frosty and bright South Yorkshire.

We need some dry days, people living in villages near me have had their homes and businesses flooded. The second time in 12 years.

Your pendant is very pretty, kitty. You are clever. ?

Hoping to hear some more positive news from gilly today.

Take care, all.

Sar53 Sat 09-Nov-19 08:06:07

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea. DH has been out for the paper and says it's very cold.
Kitty that pendant is lovely, I wish we had courses like that here where I live.
DH has to pick up his 4 pairs of new glasses later and we may visit some of the grandchildren.
I had some unexpected and a bit worrying news about my health yesterday. I need to do some reading up on it.
I hope we have some better news from Gilly today.
Have a lovely Saturday everyone.

Brunette10 Sat 09-Nov-19 08:10:45

Good Morning from a bright but very cold Fife. Nice to see the sun. Kitty - well done, these are lovely. Not sure what today brings will wait and see how we feel after breakfast. Lovely day yesterday with GS's. Hope Saturday is good to everyone and hoping to hear some news from gilly.

Marydoll Sat 09-Nov-19 08:17:27

Good morning all from a very frosty Glasgow, well I think it is. I can hear DH scraping the car in the rush to get his racing paper, just in case they sell out!.
He refuses to order one, he may change his mind! grin
Perverse is the word to describe him!

We had a lovely lunch at the golf club yesterday, (despite DH advising me on how to negotiate the narrow, very steep, single track road. ? )
We were the only people lunching!! However, there were a number of elderly non- golfers, sitting in the bar , drinking TEA and putting the world to rights.
I had a great time, eavesdropping, they were like a bunch of what we in Glasgow call, old sweetie wives

They had got to the part in the discussion, where they were anxious about their own mortality, discussing who was recently deceased, and wondered about the circumstances of the deaths.
DH was kicking me under the table, to keep me quiet, as I knew the answers to their queries, (being a local worthy, of course). I did keep quiet, but it was so difficult!! grin.

It set me wondering about the thread on GN about husbands and wives not talking to each other when they are out and about. (Is this a thread about a thread?)
Those gentlemen never shut up! grin.
They were very entertaining, without even realising it.

My medication (it could be any of the drugs) is making me very nauseous again, so it will be a quiet day for me. I was very sick, ? (too much info), when I got back from the golf lunch.
I have to admit to getting a teeny, weeny fed up with it.

I plan to make a gingerbread loaf with sultanas, as we are bound to have visitors today, who will eat us out of house and home.
Three times I have asked DH to get me black treacle in the RED tin, three times he has brought back Golden syrup in a GREEN tin.
Does anyone have recipes which will use up four tins of Golden syrup? (I already had one in the cupboard. grin

As always, thinking of Gilly and her husband, hoping for some better news and my thoughts are with people caught up in the terrible floods.

Alygran Sat 09-Nov-19 08:22:59

Good morning from North Yorkshire where the sun is out! Yesterday’s promising start was a false alarm, it rained all day.
Today I am off the Derbyshire to see the DDs then back early evening for the Thankful Village fireworks display on our playing fields.
Thinking of Gilly and wishing you all a good day.

Susan56 Sat 09-Nov-19 08:41:48

Good morning from Shropshire.Woke up to thick frost with snow/sleet forecast this morning.
Another quiet day today which we need to make the most of as something on the calendar every day for the rest of november?
Sending love to gilly.x

Nanabanana1 Sat 09-Nov-19 08:43:32

Good morning from a very rainy Torbay, quiet day today with Grandchildren (both teenagers so don’t need entertaining) will try to get out with the dog in between the rain drops.
Wishing everyone a good day,

Auntieflo Sat 09-Nov-19 08:46:54

Good morning Michael, Annie and all, from a frosty bit of Berks.
When I got out of bed, I wondered why the radiators were cold. Then I remembered that when I was checking the timer, I had left the control turned 'off'.
We are warming up now .
Marydoll, the 'ginger theme is catching. Yesterday I needed to ^bake^, so made a Carrot and Ginger cake.
I have got plenty of Golden Syrup, thank you, also a tin of Black Treacle, after a bit of a hunt for it.
Also made some Lentil curry, which we had last night, with enough to freeze for a couple of meals.
My crocheted Poppy wreath was finished and hung in the window. I wasn't sure if it was maybe a bit OTT, but have decided to keep it there.
Gillybobs, I am hoping that the slight bit of good news continues over the weekend, and that you manage to be good to yourself. Take care.
Have a good day one and all.

dragonfly46 Sat 09-Nov-19 08:48:38

Good morning from Leicestershire where the sun is burning the frost from the grass.

Love the pendant kitty you are very clever.

Sorry to hear about your health scare sar I know how that feels!

Gosh Mary I do hope you get your meds sorted. I so admire how cheerful you always are and love the story of the golfers. When my DH played he said all they talked about was their various ailments. I would send your DH back to the shop to swap the tins!

dragonfly46 Sat 09-Nov-19 08:49:10

gillyflowers