Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(65 Posts)
12Michael Sat 09-Nov-19 06:16:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, misty/foggy conditions but dry here in Brackley this morning.
Usual Day out to Bicester and Buckingham.
I need to buy a 10m ethernet lead so I can go wi-fi on my other printer.
Plus hoping there is a Flea market in Buckingham , the weather seems to control this weekly market.
Have lunch in Buckingham, all day breakie for a change.
Mick

Ginny42 Sat 09-Nov-19 10:03:40

Kitty your pendant is beautiful. flowers

Harris27 Sat 09-Nov-19 10:13:21

Hi all from a chilly ne. I’ve had my kidney stone removed yesterday actually 2! So relieved and the waiting is over! The nhs are wonderful but the waiting times are dreadful. Got home last night and slept all night for the first time in ages. Well unpack bag and sort washing out nothing changes!,

Grammaretto Sat 09-Nov-19 10:16:14

Oh dear! I was hoping for better news from the hospital bedside today Gilly. Does anyone try to help you to understand what is going on? I hope that you are not left alone with your husband in extemis for too long. It can't be right.
Sending more prayers and hugs.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 09-Nov-19 10:19:14

Good afternoon from Nanyuki, sitting in eldest sons garden watching Mt.Kenya disappear behind the clouds.

We are having a lazy "at home day", yesterday we were so busy taking in all the different sights, sounds and smells of this amazing country.

Tomorrow there is a big parade and remembrance service here in the Forces cemetery, we are always emotional seeing him in his uniform.

gillybob sending my good wishes from afar, please do not give up hope.

Urmstongran Sat 09-Nov-19 10:24:54

Oh first of all a huge comforting hug to you gillybob life is so cruel to you at present and it’s awful to reflect upon how much crying you did yesterday. My heart goes out you.

Good morning everyone from a gorgeous, hot and sunny Malaga. I’m late to post as I’ve just had 2 lovely long phone calls - one from each of our daughters. The youngest one will get the grandchildren to FT this afternoon - Grandad here will be joyous as he’s really missing them. Well we both are but you know what I mean!

We had planned to go over to the beach today. The washing is on spin, we’ve not breakfasted yet and it’s an hour ahead here - it’s already gone 11am. I am late. I think I may change my user name to ‘Lazygran’ ....

I’ve loved reading your posts everyone. Some made me laugh and some were sad. I feel we are all good pals on here.

Hope Saturday is kind to us all whether we have plans or (like me, again) none. x

Cherrytree59 Sat 09-Nov-19 10:33:25

Gilly best wishes and hugs, how I wish it could be more.

It is a long and scary road that you travel.
I am so sad and worried that you are shouldering it all by yourself.
Tomorrow is Sunday, will the hospital chaplan be on the ward?
Could you she/he be offer help in way?
They may know of support networks, that could in someway be of help now or in the future.

I pray that you stay strong.
Xxxx

Curlywhirly Sat 09-Nov-19 10:43:45

Am reasonably new to this thread and have been following Gillybob's posts with concern - Gilly, you and your husband are having such a dreadful time and you are trying to cope on your own, is there anybody at the hospital that you can offload your burden to? Do the hospital have any pastoral care - visiting priest/vicar/pastor or counsellor - that you can speak to? You really need to take care of yourself, the stress you are going through is terrible and a problem shared is a life-saver. Could you not take a couple of hours off and do something that might help relax you (a walk in the park, a massage, contact an old friend/colleague)? Here's hoping things improve. Take care. thanks

Callistemon Sat 09-Nov-19 10:47:16

gilly I'm so sorry to hear your news, I think we were all hoping that the improvement the other day was a turning point for the better.
Could another family member sit with your DH for a while so that you can have a little respite, perhaps some cuddles with your little granddaughter this weekend?
flowers

It's cold, dark and very wet here today in Wales, such a contrast to yesterday's beautiful autumn sunshine.
I have lots of indoor jobs to get on with so I must go and make an effort.

kittylester Sat 09-Nov-19 11:26:52

Just popped back for an update from gilly and I am so sad to find that things seem to have gone backwards.

gilly, as we have said before, post if it helps, don't post if it doesn't. Whichever, remember we are here for us if you need us! And, we wish we could do more. flowersbrew

whywhywhy Sat 09-Nov-19 11:27:00

Good morning all from Market Harborough area.

So very sorry to read your post GillyBob and I'm sending you love and hugs. Try and stay strong which is not easy to do.

My week has been terrible after having my beautiful cat put to sleep on Tuesday. The tears just will not stop flowing.
x

Brunette10 Sat 09-Nov-19 17:19:18

Oh gilly I am so sorry to hear this latest news. Please try and keep your spirits up but I know how painful and heartbreaking this is to you and yours. As said before we are all here for you and PLEASE don't ever be afraid of letting off steam, sometimes it does help. You are in my thoughts. flowers

MawB Sat 09-Nov-19 17:24:53

I hope you do look in Gilly as I just wanted to add my love, prayers and strength for the hell you are going through.

Nobody who has not been there can fully appreciate what you are going through - and even then, we can only get close to the pain you are enduring.

No more words but much love ?

JenniferEccles Sat 09-Nov-19 18:45:25

gillybob I was so sorry to hear what a dreadful day you had yesterday, especially as the previous couple of days had shown some tiny steps forward. So disappointing and upsetting for you.

I do wonder though if the doctors said anything to you about your husband's reaction to what was going on?

As his sedation had been reduced, could he have been aware enough of the lines in his body, and therefore wanting to pull them out, yet not quite alert enough to take in your encouraging words to him?

I remember a few days go when he was also under less sedation and became agitated and anxious, you were told it was a normal reaction.

Could that also have been the case yesterday?

Although I can fully understand if you don't want to post again for a while I would like to join others who have said if it helps to write it all down, then there are lots of folk on here who are really concerned about how you are doing.

NfkDumpling Sat 09-Nov-19 19:06:10

So sorry Gilly. Its so awful, so very terrible for those sitting watching. Far worse than it is for the patient. You are a phenomenal woman. Take care of yourself - I hope your family are calling by to give you regular cuddles.